• Raised $0.00

Founder Of Clubsub

sirwrx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also some of the events that has gone down on this forum have driven a few people away.

I still keep in contact with the likes of Davebro (he drives a Ford now the poof) over here in Aussie. Pitty aussie isnt like NZ where that a few hours drive and you are at the other end of the country.

D-Style']

Also some of the events that has gone down on this forum have driven a few people away.

I still keep in contact with the likes of Davebro (he drives a Ford now the poof) over here in Aussie. Pitty aussie isnt like NZ where that a few hours drive and you are at the other end of the country.

Aussie the lucky country, where everything takes three times as long if your close and 20 times longer to the factor of 6 if you are "far away"

[quote name='Scoobydoo said:

A few hours drive and you can still be in the same city :D

Bah a few hours drive and you are still in the same post codes in some places and times like rush hour...

sirwrx said:

I give you all a clue. He is in this photo.

burnsgroup.jpg

Sharktale is the winner. Kerry Parker (right of photo)was one of the original founders of Clubsub somewhere around 1996 or 97.

In the photo are Garrick (me), Geoff, Graham, Some rally car driver, Fiona (my wife), Daughter Kate, Nordy, Kerry.

Back in those days Geoff use to regularly travel up from Welly to Hamilton an d Auckland for events. When petrol was around $1.00 a liter.

Koom']

[quote name='aim said:

interesting, nice slice of history. and you old buggers still don't come out to the meets :P

/quote]

No decent excuses really, I'll blame the missus. That plus my RS doesn't really go. Sometime early next year hopefully that'll change.

You're right, no decent excuses :P Why doesn't it 'really go' what's wrong with it?

It was off the road for a while, while I put the big turbo on it, then our friday afternoon fun for a while was going out and road tuning it to see how much boost it could handle. Turn's out that I could get it up to 25-27 psi (hard to tell exactly with just the Possumlink data logs cause its a bit slow and doesn't always tell the truth) but then the headgasket packed a sad so now I'm accumulating parts to rebuild a new motor as the old one had done about 80k kms since I built it. So it doesn't really go as most of the motor is in the boot right now. Rest is in my wagon waiting to go to the machine shop.

This actually reminds me of when I first joined here as I'd blown up the RS and needed to figure out what I'd done and how to fix it.

What are u actually doing to ur rs, just that im also doing an RS project myself and would like to know what paths your taking

hung out with Graham (duey) and CJ (nordy) last weekend at Puke. Both doing well.

as for Davebro - did some paddock bashing in his Falcon when i was in OZ earlier in the year. Still the same Dave :)

• General Member

just got this in my inbox :P

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.clubsub.org.nz/ from:

Kerry P <reply email address>

Hi Jared,

Wow, is all i can say. Myself and a friend of mine started Clubsub in 1996. We were out on the Rally of NZ. Loved the sound of the Subbies, and i wondered how a Subaru car Club would go in NZ. Copied off some flyers, drove around Hamilton (to begin with) chased Subarus when we spotted them, gave out flyers, stuck them under wiper blades etc. After that started getting membership fees, rest is history. The thread that Sirwrx started and the photo, the Rally Car driver is Richard Burns. Well done guy's the whole thing now looks bloody awesome, never thought it would get to where it is today. Cheers.

made me happy in my head to read that

hope we have a repeat of this thread in 10 years with 8000 members!

JoKer said:

just got this in my inbox :P

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.clubsub.org.nz/ from:

Kerry P <reply email address>

Hi Jared,

Wow, is all i can say. Myself and a friend of mine started Clubsub in 1996. We were out on the Rally of NZ. Loved the sound of the Subbies, and i wondered how a Subaru car Club would go in NZ. Copied off some flyers, drove around Hamilton (to begin with) chased Subarus when we spotted them, gave out flyers, stuck them under wiper blades etc. After that started getting membership fees, rest is history. The thread that Sirwrx started and the photo, the Rally Car driver is Richard Burns. Well done guy's the whole thing now looks bloody awesome, never thought it would get to where it is today. Cheers.

made me happy in my head to read that

hope we have a repeat of this thread in 10 years with 8000 members!

I'm gonna second that. Truly awesome stuff!