• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

22B: 10 -> 11k

GC8E2DD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've seen those wheels listed new by STi for around $3k each. Still, the front guard looks to be the only panel damage, and the body is pretty much the main thing you are getting. The gearbox I believe has had some bits thrown at it over and above the usual 5CA/ CCA, and obviously it's a 2.2l. Somebody could buy the both the white BEB R that is for sale on here at the moment and this and have a running 22B for ~20k I reckon. That is assuming you even need any suspension or running gear.

funkytown said:

it'l go for more than 9-11k. Anything who thinks it will see for that is dreaming.

Would be an epic way to pick on up tho.

*grammar nazi shaking fist* come on Jon, do I have to follow you into all your thread comments to make sure you're speaking English properly.

caspros']

[quote name='funkytown said:

it'l go for more than 9-11k. Anything who thinks it will see for that is dreaming.

/quote]

*grammar nazi shaking fist* come on Jon, do I have to follow you into all your thread comments to make sure you're speaking English properly.

you need a better hobby :P

-smurff

caspros']

[quote name='funkytown said:

/quote]

Nazi*

:D

has the front passenger rail been bent? i see a borked front lower arm, tie rod, maybe the strut all damaged?

What are the rear lateral and trailing arms like (edit: oooooh i see the passenger rear lateral arms dont look good :( ), damage to either subframe?

exhaust looks like its taken a beating as well yes?

oh the whole chassis is knackered? edit: by knackered i mean require work.

edit2: Kimble was up at manfield for the play day. and im really kicking myself for not saying hello. There was a chap in a wheelchair there and i remember at the time going "whos that".. i didnt twig it was him at the time. Quite upset with myself now i think about it, as he sat looking into my engine bay for ages and never said a word.

His coupe was up there as well :/

Ive never meet Kimble but hear he had a couple of 22Bs does anyone know? It would be a cheap rebuild for someone who has a sti v4 coupe or V5 as a donor car. If i didnt have mine i would be keen to buy. Would also be great as a track/race car and put better things into it.

Could be a great restoration project but then everyone knows its been in an accident.

I thought that the steering & suspension arms were rose joints on the 22b??? those just look like normal links, rods & arms. that's a shame. :-\

where is that fella who was going to build a 2.2 stroker, he could get this instead & use the good bits left from it :P

if it was gona sell for less than 10 id buy it an just put in a lockup until I am older an can insure it haha but yea like others have said probably going to go for a fair bit more than 10...

im already looking for a impreza coupe to start out my project on but this would be a hell of alot better haha

I had a chassis straitened for less than 1000$ an that included panel work as well and I can say that it was probably 3-4times as bad as this car is.. so its definitely not something to be worried about, id be more concerned about the panel an strut , mags are pathetically expensive as well but you'd get by on something else while you saved to replace with genuine

I'm curious to how many genuine parts are actually available an where you would get them ? :S

you can get the odd 22b wheel off ebay in the uk. Personally i would just put on some volks and aftermarket suspension. the original 22b suspension is a heavy duty version made by bilstein under prodrive name. it rides firm and suits tight track work with a bit off give.

all other parts you can source off a v4-5 coupe apart from the front bumper, front guard and i would just get the rear guard hand panel beated.

Its not worth replacing the rear guard and bbs wheels just to dam expensive.