Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Version 3 STI RA - 11K Overpriced...?

scooby-wrx

Hey guys,

I'm sure most of you have seen my car on TM. Its been for sale for over a year now, its not the fact that I want to sell it, but the fact that I thought it would have sold by now. Am I over pricing it (year, mileage etc etc...). I've had quite a bit of interest, but more along the lines of swaps / trades. Maybe people don't want to splash 11k out right now...

Just thought I'd try get some expert opinions.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=357385832&ed=true

Cheers.

125247974_full.jpg

Could be a bit over priced but a very nice car.

As an example i payed a similar price for a v4 1998 coupe with 128ks a year ago.So maybe more like $9.5 to $10 k. Having said that there is a buyer out there and its just a matter of waiting til they come along.

I would say it's too overpriced. When there are people advertising their Version 7's for 10k, you know it's time to look at the prices of anything older.

Even though it looks like it's had good things done to it, and done the right way, most people just look at the age, km's, price, and compare it to what else is out there. Purely on the face of it it's a 15 yr old car that has done 169,000km's.

I'd suggest you're looking at around the 8500 to 9000 mark. But that's just my opinion, and I'm only one person.

Thanks for the comments so far.

kamineko Magnet stuck to all panels (except the bonnet) :-X. 1170's factory spec. I think its fairly close. I have a couple of oil changes worth of oil lying around so I'll get it weighed the next time I go to the dump.

pedro Fair comment. I've always wanted a Type R, will probably look at getting one when I sell this. I want to do a 22B conversion eventually (not blue though).

Scoobydoo True, Version 7's are pretty well priced these days however I still think its worth more ;D. I'd expect to pay 8.5 - 9k for a good condition GC8 rex, maybe an STI if you're lucky.

I think its a fair price looking at the list of mods, sadly you wont get the money back off the mods, you will likely get more if you sell the expensive parts like the exhaust and sell the car stock spec... but I could be wrong, I bought my 98 RA v-ltd for 8k pretty much stock standart so if you go by that price and add the price of the mods ontop I think youll make more money that way :) but thats just mee :P

scooby-wrx said:

Scoobydoo True, Version 7's are pretty well priced these days however I still think its worth more ;D. I'd expect to pay 8.5 - 9k for a good condition GC8 rex, maybe an STI if you're lucky.

Certainly.. so would I.. but for me, that GC8 Rex would be a V5/6, not a V3.

a 1996 GC8 is typically not worth as much as a 2000 GC8

Scoobydoo']

[quote name='scooby-wrx said:

b]Scoobydoo[/b] True, Version 7's are pretty well priced these days however I still think its worth more ;D. I'd expect to pay 8.5 - 9k for a good condition GC8 rex, maybe an STI if you're lucky.

Certainly.. so would I.. but for me, that GC8 Rex would be a V5/6, not a V3.

a 1994 GC8 is not the same as a 1999 GC8.

Lol well a gc8 is a gc8 and I recon the version 3/4 look better then the v5/6 and there wasnt too much which is different between those 4 anyway apart from some minor details... Lol Id expect to pay 8.5 to 9 for a mint v3 or v4. However the car hes selling is a RA and considering the mods I think the price is quit good, Just to bad those **** v7 are taking over :( lol nah jk I personally just prefer the gc8 and would rather pay that money for a nice gc8 as for a v7

dubbedup said:

I do like this car, but i feel i can get a lot more for my $11K :-\

If you look at the straight bang for buck equation probably you can, I think this will only be sold if theres someone who has always wanted one similar to this one...

Whats a 1999 v5 type r worth? Just curious about mine.

I think the kms are the killer on your ra, if it was at 110 or so you would probably get ten, but I really think yours is around the 8500-9 mark,but only cause its got nice bits and pieces.

scooby-wrx said:

Thanks again for the comments... Guess the majority must be right :-\

I'm not letting it go for anything less than 10k unless I restore it back to factory spec, so looks like I'll be getting that new Version 7 STI short block and keeping it after all...

lol id be keen for a lot of them parts if you do ::)

slystiguy :D Just considering my options.

kamineko Sure is 1.5 turns mate. It really noticeable after driving one without a quick rack!

Freddy :D Don't think it'll come to it. I'll keep you in mind if it does, I have heaps of nice little parts lying around at home. (pink) STI control arms, Cusco diff brace, front Cusco under body brace, V6 spoiler etc etc etc... ;)

I had a phone call from a guy in Wellington this wkend who's really interested in buying it for 11k. He's coming down next week to have a drive. He has a GT4 Celica targa car which doesn't have enough room for him and he recons a GC8 is the next best thing :D

I'm just gonna chime in here. Awesome car mate and certainly looks to be in good condition.

I would have to say definately overpriced though. Version 5/6's are lucky to push 10k now.

You would probably find that the majority of buyers are trying to get the newest possible car for their money.

scooby-wrx said:

Thanks again for the comments... Guess the majority must be right :-\

I'm not letting it go for anything less than 10k unless I restore it back to factory spec, so looks like I'll be getting that new Version 7 STI short block and keeping it after all...

Unfortunately there are less people who are looking to buy cars at the moment and there is a lot of ppl who don't appriciate the finer details of your car to pay 11k for it.

You will probably get more if you return the car back to stock and sell the parts separately. Im sure that will get you more than 11k.

It is sad that the money and energy ppl spent on cars will never be recovered when you sell it, i suppose this is why modding cars is a hobby!

Good luck buddy, however i would keep this car personally. It's mint.