Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Hit n' Run

Hikari

Hi guys, new to the forum.

A few days ago, I parked my new V7 STi sedan on the parking lot of Botany Town Center.

I did my weekly shopping and came back to the car and find there are people around my car.

At first I thought blank and thought it was people admiring a nice subi, but no. I go up to my car and there is a BIG FAT RAT HOLE on my front bumper JUST under the head light. Oh my god ... one spectator told me that a silver accord euro version reversed into my car with a towbar and drove off.

No one saw the number plate, and in hope the security might help me out I rushed to the office. Well what do you know, the surveillance cameras at the parking lot is a bunch of F***ing fakes.

At the end of the day, I had insurance to cover my bumper with a bit out of my pocket. Installed a simcard to my car so that if the alarm goes off it would send a txt to my phone.

So there are a few things I learnt from this incident.

Some people need their license cut up. Security Guards are fkn useless. Surveillance cameras my ass. and last but not least F*CK HONDAS!!!!

Hikari said:

A few days ago, I parked my new V7 STi sedan on the parking lot of Botany Town Center.

I did my weekly shopping and came back to the car and find there are people around my car.

At first I thought blank and thought it was people admiring a nice subi, but no. I go up to my car and there is a BIG FAT RAT HOLE on my front bumper JUST under the head light. Oh my god ... one spectator told me that a silver accord euro version reversed into my car with a towbar and drove off.

No one saw the number plate, and in hope the security might help me out I rushed to the office. Well what do you know, the surveillance cameras at the parking lot is a bunch of F***ing fakes.

At the end of the day, I had insurance to cover my bumper. Installed a simcard to my car so that if the alarm goes off it would send a txt to my phone.

Some people need their license cut up. Security Guards are fkn useless. Surveillance cameras my ass. and last but not least F*CK HONDAS!!!!

bro that sucks ..how much was excess??

love the last part LOL

• General Member

Dont judge the car because of the driver, might lead others to assume your a brainless angry at the world meathead dead set on killing us all with your shitty street racing :D

Tough luck though mate, had it happen to me a few times to and its a very crap feeling.

Hikari said:

At the end of the day, I had insurance to cover my bumper. Installed a simcard to my car so that if the alarm goes off it would send a txt to my phone.

thought u had insurance?

Hikari said:

The car is under my fathers name (the cost of insurance would be insane under my name)

You probably dont want to be saying too loud/often either...

That there is a reason for cancelling and then denying you future cover (results in a listing on the Insurance Council records where ALL insurance companies check before they issue cover)

I witnessed this recently, except it was a local bus company bus, hitting a parked car. I reported it to the bus driver who was blissfully unaware, and I also left a note on the person's car.

He rang me the next day and thanked me, and said he was getting his insurance company to follow it up with the bus company.

have seen many reports with people getting away with things like that, if there are no witnesses. I'm sure karma will catch up with me one day :)

Don't let women reverse, unless you are 100% sure they know how to use their mirrors.

Okay, we were in the Honda(I know i know) going from murchison to nelson for a doctors appointment, the car was overheating(It has a F@#%ed Head), and so we turned around at some roadworks. We pulled in at a picnic stop, Under the trees, and then mum reversed without looking at her mirrors (letalone over her shoulder) and BAM! picnic table, out of no where, rear bumper mushed up.

Lesson learned:

Once I get my subie, my mum is not driving it.

Scoobydoo said:

I witnessed this recently, except it was a local bus company bus, hitting a parked car. I reported it to the bus driver who was blissfully unaware, and I also left a note on the person's car.

He rang me the next day and thanked me, and said he was getting his insurance company to follow it up with the bus company.

have seen many reports with people getting away with things like that, if there are no witnesses. I'm sure karma will catch up with me one day :)

I saw a bus destroy the front right side of an AMG ML63 that was parked on Salamanca Rd a few years back and continue driving on his merry way, got the reg number and reported it and ended up with a case of very nice wine for my trouble!

Hikari said:

+ never park in supermarket/shopping center car parks.

:P

I usually park away from other cars in car parks too. Tho the missus complains about the walk to get to the shops. ???

Parked with the rest of the herd last week, and got a massive white paint mark on the door, where some muppet slammed their door into mine. Set off the alarm as well, so they knew they'd caused some damage. No note or nothing. Rage!

runrabbit said:

I usually park away from other cars in car parks too. Tho the missus complains about the walk to get to the shops. ???

Parked with the rest of the herd last week, and got a massive white paint mark on the door, where some muppet slammed their door into mine. Set off the alarm as well, so they knew they'd caused some damage. No note or nothing. Rage!

Tell her walking is good for you !

It's an unwritten law that no matter how far away you park, some wanker is going to park next to you.

They seem to think your car is lonely by itself and needs company.

WTF

>:(

Mall carparks give me the skitters too. I try and park between 2 really flash cars or well away from everyone. Also, coz i got kids i get to park in the "parents with prams" parks and they are so wide that even if someone opens their door fully it still won't touch the next car ;D But some of these woman in their soccer-mom people movers shouldn't be driving too ::)

subaru-mania said:

I didn't like Hondas either, But a mate brought a 2.2 turbo prelude and holy s*** can it goooo! leaves Subies/Evos in the dust... ;D

Must have some good traction that

Few years back a mate had a turbo Crx and the thing had massive front wheel spin lol u should see it in rain at lights lol I think even 3rd gear could light it up haha strange but fun

Still in a drags it only managed 14 s I think

Hikari said:

At the end of the day, I had insurance to cover my bumper with a bit out of my pocket. Installed a simcard to my car so that if the alarm goes off it would send a txt to my phone.

Oh true bro, one idiot in one brand of car and it's f@#k hondas?? So what, you think all HONDA drivers are like that?? I have never had a accident, or caused one, and I own a honda. Are you implying that I'm a bad driver??

So if it were a suby that hit you, would you openly say on this forum F@#k subys??

some times you don't have to hate on a brand of car openly because of misfortune, there are some nice hondas out there, as there are, every brand of car. :'( :'(