Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BOY RACERS

Guest 4wdftw

A little off topic but..........

For a start, lets just be clear. If you come off your 250 bike at 190kmh, i bet you'll end up in more pain than if you did it in a car. Bikes are just more dangerous in that respect.

LOL at a CBR250RR being as slow as a 2L sedan. Mine is measured at 48hp at the wheel, that translates to 194hp per litre. It comes out to 0.3 hp per kg and i can tell you now that 0-100kph in 4.1 seconds is alot faster than your average 2L "cooking" sedan could even dream of.

My NSR250 2-stroke (no longer owned by me) is up at 66hp or 264 hp per litre standard so for roughly the same weight thats 0.4hp per kg. This bike can keep up if not beat alot of the modified turbo cars i've had the pleasure of a drag against, and can wipe it's ass with a turbo car through the tight and twisties.

You mention that "Power to weight is one aspect" actually its the part that defines how fast something accelerates. By increasing the horse power on your WRX/Legacy/Forester you are just improving your power to weight ratio, hence improved speed etc.

I mentioned the fast 250's because your average 250 bike, ninja, GN250, Hyosung etc could only have wet dreams about these sorts of numbers.

I understand your an experienced rider, but your forgetting basic maths and physics dictates the performance not the CC rating.

Do you know the power-weight ratio of your car? I assume it's turbo, and based on that assumption you might find that you might make less power per kg than what my NSR250 does.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forhire said:

A little off topic but..........

For a start, lets just be clear. If you come off your 250 bike at 190kmh, i bet you'll end up in more pain than if you did it in a car. Bikes are just more dangerous in that respect.

LOL at a CBR250RR being as slow as a 2L sedan. Mine is measured at 48hp at the wheel, that translates to 194hp per litre. It comes out to 0.3 hp per kg and i can tell you now that 0-100kph in 4.1 seconds is alot faster than your average 2L "cooking" sedan could even dream of.

My NSR250 2-stroke (no longer owned by me) is up at 66hp or 264 hp per litre standard so for roughly the same weight thats 0.4hp per kg. This bike can keep up if not beat alot of the modified turbo cars i've had the pleasure of a drag against, and can wipe it's ass with a turbo car through the tight and twisties.

You mention that "Power to weight is one aspect" actually its the part that defines how fast something accelerates. By increasing the horse power on your WRX/Legacy/Forester you are just improving your power to weight ratio, hence improved speed etc.

I mentioned the fast 250's because your average 250 bike, ninja, GN250, Hyosung etc could only have wet dreams about these sorts of numbers.

I understand your an experienced rider, but your forgetting basic maths and physics dictates the performance not the CC rating.

Do you know the power-weight ratio of your car? I assume it's turbo, and based on that assumption you might find that you might make less power per kg than what my NSR250 does.

please re-read my post. I said your top speed was only equal to a 2L cooking sedan mate. Try not to be a smart arse mate. I know about power to weight.

I sold last year a GT-R that runs with litre bikes.

Sorry wasn't trying to be a smart ass mate. Alot of people (including the riders of litre bikes) don't seem to understand (or remember from their beginings on 2 wheels) that CC rating doesn't mean everything when it comes to bikes.

Top end, yeah i get what you mean now, not alot faster (top speed) than a car. You said yourself top speed is not important, its the rate of acceleration into a pole, that counts. Thats where power to weight comes in. Car, bike or tricycle it's all power to weight which will dictate that.

forhire said:

You crash anything at 190kmh consider yourself lucky to be in pain

yeah exaggeration to emphasise my point mate. lol i've never come off one of my road bikes, and i never want to. In a car you have some sort of protection other than your clothes built in around you.

It's not the speed. I couldn't care less if a boy racer wrapped himself around a lamp post at 200kmH. All modern cars are capable of reaching speeds where the driver and vehicle handling will cause a massive crash, the slower ones just take longer to get there.

The problem is where they choose to be irresponsible and the manner in which they choose to be irresponsible. Like doing 80kmH down suburban streets, all cars can do 80kmH. All cars can lose traction with enough rough handling, or do donuts or skids or whatever. It's not the car's fault, it's the idiots behind the wheels. Again, I say the answer is to entrap them, and smash them in the pocket in some material way other than a fine.

• General Member

I never suggested engine restrictions, no forced induction etc were a blanket fix.

However as I said for a rasonably non invasive law, that wouldnt be rocket science to enforce, if it saves some lives I think its a good idea.

I Also agree not all the tards drive truly quick cars, and there not all young, but this is the word we have been given to best describe the people we are talking about so thats what I used.

Sadly the word and perception have been thrashed so hard in the media sometimes its hard to remmember the ones causing the trouble dont always fit the literal meaning of the name.

Johnnynz said:

I never suggested engine restrictions, no forced induction etc were a blanket fix.

However as I said for a rasonably non invasive law, that wouldnt be rocket science to enforce, if it saves some lives I think its a good idea.

I Also agree not all the tards drive truly quick cars, and there not all young, but this is the word we have been given to best describe the people we are talking about so thats what I used.

Sadly the word and perception have been thrashed so hard in the media sometimes its hard to remember the ones causing the trouble dont always fit the literal meaning of the name.

only problem with that is people will modify there cars to look legit, but we all know there not.

Car forums will be started with the sole purpose of getting around these laws and another culture will be started.

Jail Time.

you cant be a hooligan if your locked up.

Instead of impounding your car for 28 days, i say 28 days of lockup

yes this means you can loose you job and fall behind on bills but hell, why should i care.

daleson said:

Jail Time.

yes this means you can loose you job and fall behind on bills but hell, why should i care.

maybe not 28days straight away but up to to 28 days.

but this will mean more prison will need to be build manned and policed.

threat of taxes going up will solve this problem.

QRAF']

[quote name='daleson said:

Jail Time.

/quote]maybe not 28days straight away but up to to 28 days.

Thus creating more jobs in this fragile economy.

I just solved the worlds recession problem.... throw more people in jail

gawd im good!

• General Member
 QRAF']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

Sadly the word and perception have been thrashed so hard in the media sometimes its hard to remember the ones causing the trouble dont always fit the literal meaning of the name.

/quote]only problem with that is people will modify there cars to look legit, but we all know there not.

Car forums will be started with the sole purpose of getting around these laws and another culture will be started.

Its not a hard law, its not rocket science teaching a cop to spot a turbo, a Supercharger or even a NOS setup.

Not to mention spotting the usual suspect cars would be easy anyway. Quite simply if the look to young and there driving a Evo, WRX, Supra, GSR etc they get pulle dover. You show license if your old enough your fine.

daleson']

Jail Time.

/quote]maybe not 28days straight away but up to to 28 days.

Thus creating more jobs in this fragile economy.

I just solved the worlds recession problem.... throw more people in jail

gawd im good!

LOL

28days of jail at (est) $350 per day which is the Governments (est) cost to house one inmate. $350x28 =$9800 of taxes for one inmate. So if we lockup 20 people per month within 6 months. tax payers bill is $ 1,176,000 and we have not even built the prisons yet..

I don't see how creating some jobs will fit the bill.. But I guess it looks good though..

Of course if they loose there jobs for 28days while in prison (why should you care?) OH no reason... they all just get out to first receive STEP TO FREEDOM PAYMENT of $350 and start life on benefit until they can find work.. Of course with a criminal record that won't be that easy.. but you never no your luck in a big city..

Tax payers cost again..

might sound like I am moaning about the law, no I am not, just pointing out, that this is how it works.

------------

So instead of moaning about boy racers we can moan about the tax increase to fit the bill..

MAD said:

------------

So instead of moaning about boy racers we can moan about the tax increase to fit the bill..

Catch 22 anything that is done is going to hurt everyone or is it ethic's.

there is no easy answer, It's a subject where everyone has an opinion and is allowed too this is still a free country were we are allowed our opinions. But thats all it is your opinion i learnt in my 1st year of being a member here.

Not everyone has to agree it would just be to boring if they did ;D

Personally i think its something you just grown out of, or die trying.

QRAF']

------------

Catch 22 anything that is done is going to hurt everyone or is it ethic's.

there is no easy answer, It's a subject where everyone has an opinion and is allowed too this is still a free country were we are allowed our opinions. But thats all it is your opinion i learnt in my 1st year of being a member here.

Not everyone has to agree it would just be to boring if they did ;D

Personally i think its something you just grown out of, or die trying.

I RESPECT your opinion dude.. I just rather see it go from bad to better other than bad to worse.. and revisit the same issue in 5 years time..

Personally I don't see no real a need to push it to the extreme, to get results, as to why it should come from the tax payer to cover it.

Now I am not saying Jail should not be option, for some of them, jail needs to be a factor for some of them.

But, lets say if they make the law of crushing cars, the result will be, they will run, they may kill themselves, "SO WHAT SOME SAY" but who else could die in the pursuit? it will be a human lotto, maybe your sister or brother this week and mine the next...or someone from this club could sandwiched in the chase. When you weigh up the results is it worth it?

My experience, when you throw down harder and harder laws, all you will get is rebellion. If the hardness of the law before did not work, why would one think that making it harder will? it has to some say.. but history shows it doesn't.

I think the systems fine, things are a lot quieter than before, restrictions to road, impounding vehicles, police now have the discretion under the "boy racer act" to impound vehicles at there leisure for "boy racer infringements" loss of traction, exhibiting of speed.. there still jail time for them if it get to that.. So I think that's all pretty fine really what else should be done?

Instead crushing cars, the government should consider seize the assets and break up, sell it, creating jobs & money.. which wont cost us anything.. ideas like this, were you and I don't have to fork out for it in our Taxes. that's gotta be a winner

P plate are good idea, for learners & Restricted drivers, on all vehicles.

my 2 cents

---------------------------------------------------------

img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__hVqs8nSydQ/R2ayjZbsfSI/AAAAAAAABso/tAGF4tWU6Ns/s400/SheriffArpaioPrisonersPinkShirts.jpg[/img]

make them work on a chain line!

pay thier own way!

Teach them to farm or some shit :P

CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF THE WET DREAM.. :-\

Guest loren

MAD. don't you ever get tired ranting?

you just go on... and on... and on...

and on...

and on...

and on...

and on...

and on...

and on...

and on...

and on...

i dont usually get involved with these topics but i would seriously like to get this "boy racer" problen sorted in a way that is beneficial to the majority...

as everyone agrees not all "boy racer type cars are driven by the idiots and in the same token - not all granny cars are safe from "boy racer" type usage..

in ahort, it is not always the car that is the issue but the driver...although i totally agree that limiting vehicle choice for non proven drives is a good move as at least they have less chance of exhibiting bad behaviour..

the other think is the support for building more venues and making them more accesible where everyone can let off "steam" or donuts etc...whatever the signifies street racing that is..

a classic example is street racing compared to skateboard parks and it is clearly evidential that skate parks have taken the sport to a recognised venue and away from public areas like footpaths and all...

lets do the same for this issue.. this way there is no excuse whatsoever for any illegal street driving and associated hooligan behaviour

it will be a small cost compared to the rot its causing in our streets... and especially if the police HELP with it rather than handing off the responsibility.. e.g.security etc

for a small fee the venue can be used by a lot more people.. there are arguments like "o there is pukekohe track/meremere dragway in auckland" but i personally think its too expensive/organised and puts too much pressure to conform for the "boy racer" crowd...

dont get me wrong, im not saying letting there be total caos but u wud never consider the guy with the chopped spring 91 integra to race in a legit race now wud u... ummm think of it like a sk8 park and if the only time they were allowed to use it was when there was organised competitions and at selected dates only - obviusly the skaters wud be back on the street..

what im trying to say is that the environment needs to be what they have at the sk8 parks - relaxed and mate against mate sort of "racing"... that way there is more chances of the usage of the venue.. also the fee e.g. $40 for races at meremere - includes sportsmans license - why would the occational boy racer want that - its a waste of money as far as they are concerned - they are more of a spontanious bunch who will race each other for bragging rights... i say once u give that sort of environment - e.g. say $5 per 2 runs side by side with the same car - now that is more like it..

im not saying this is the perfect plan but we should work towards a plan tyat has chances to work rather than just try to get sneaky with entrapment - yes lets still do entrapment for the ones who still dont want to use the facilities but if the facilities are run in a fashion that is acceptable use for the boy racer type then it will work..

im kinda tired of typing so will stop here.. my research is based on the 10 of so phone calls i made in the last hour to known people who frequent these street events and what they percieve is the situation.. so im not pulling stuff outta my a$$...

i will add more once my fingers recover to type again 8)

$350 per day which is the Governments (est) cost to house one inmate

WTF!!!!! damn they must be living the life of luxury! I mean I know they gotta pay prison guards etc but $350? I think thats a bit ridiculous, im on the outside, live a comfortable life and have loan payments, insurance, power/phone, food, medical costs, fuel/reg costs etc etc and even I dont burn anywhere near that much cash a day. Thats ridiculous!