Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BOY RACERS

Guest 4wdftw

lmao last nigth i was watching some numb nuts trying to get into my GF's little sis, doing skids to impress haha

so funny he burn out his clutch while he thought he was doing a stand still, then got impounded. good job

Let the cops do there job, its what they are there for

i think it works fine as the system is, if there dumb even to keep doing skids there going to get caught, the odd blat here and there when noone is around anit gonna hurt anybody

the retard sliding in the street with kids around is F'ing stupid. to bad he didnt get caught

but losing your car for a month and your lisence for 6 months is heaps of time

how many drunk drivers kill people a year, i bet its more than "boy racers"

and the dick attacking the cop wasnt a boy racer he is a crim and would be treated like it if he got caught

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people are getting let off for no reg or wof these days Im sure if 3rd party insurance came into play there will be unfair justice as there is now.

as for narcing at when attending illegal drags....you dont even need to be racing if your blocked by police officers where BRs were illegaly racing your apart of it. so attending the illegal drags to start off with is a no go.

opening a skid pad will be cool. but still doesn't defeat the main purpose of the problem which is to insure the safety of everyone boyracer or non boyracer. There will always be 1 if not 10 d!ckheads that will ruin it.

Id go with compulsory 1st party insurance for every driver.

most people have it anyways, and it will make the Boy racers be unable to afford to run decent rice rockets muahahahahaha!!!

Srsly, this isnt a new problem its been around in every generation. The boyracers of 20 years ago now drive XR8s and the like(and a few WRXs still.....RITALN? URECKN?).

Or we could have more rodney-King style bashing from the cops, except widen the net to include boyracers aswell as black people.

<note: for you few retards about to hit the "report" button im obviously taking the piss>

Johnnynz']

No, we can't stop them all. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try harder to get them off the streets. I don't see how crushing cars ends up in more deaths unless the boy racers get crushed inside the cars. Which suits me just fine.

Putting myself in a numbnuts shoes (yes it hurts) im guessing if you know your cars gonna get crushed your gonna have a go at running.

Personaly I would rather the little puke disrupted my sleep by having police lights outside my window late at night giving him copious amounts of tickets than by taking out my family when there driving home one night.

Amen to that, so would I .... there is no way I support the few that f**K it for everyone else, at 3am I am dead to the world.

But if harder or hash rules worked, like car impounding or crushing it would been done years ago.. even though most say the US do it.. well does it work? are there no more boy racers in LA

no maybe one or two less for a while, until they either steal a car, sell P or crack to get the next one.. and on it goes. We can vent our anger and frustration all we want.. but the reality is it only a wet dream.. a wet dream that is not actually thought through.

Crushing them in there cars, is a prefect example of the wet dream, but let us dream that dream.. what if it was you kid that was caught racing.. shall we, CRUSH THEM? ...

Back to the real world; Throwing some or all into prison, some of you reckon.. Now for some of them I do agree, but we don't have enough jails as it is.. TAX PAYERS COST to build more.. if we do have more prisons, it roughly costs $350 dollars per day for one inmate to be in prison.. some want to add more? which is TAX PAYERS COST again.. i guess that will give us something new to moan about.. .

It's easy for politicians to make rules, hash penalties this and hash penalties for that, but we all pay for that.. yet it still does not work..

I am with JohnnyNZ

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

snip

Personaly I would rather the little puke disrupted my sleep by having police lights outside my window late at night giving him copious amounts of tickets than by taking out my family when there driving home one night.

I do understand how you all feel and that.. but we need a solution that works, at least make things better, we don't need to make a bad situation worse.. (worse meaning .. making it easier for that boy racers to decide, do I run or pull over.... crush them and they will run, and kill people all because of noise)

Why hasn't some business type started up some type of weekly boy racer event. Legally and through the right people. These boy racers seem to have an endless cash supply so why havent the smart people figured out a way to make money from them.

even the local councils must realise how much cash these guys have hangin around.Get the right people involved, a few local mechanics, hire some security and charge 5 bucks a head.A nice patch of concrete or some out of the way stretch of road.You'd make a bit of a profit Im sure.

yeah me and my boss were going to do that a little while ago

only problem is, making it legal would be a bitch, getting consent for all the noise and so called "air-pollution" etc

people would complain just for the sake of complaining

it would need to be in or near auckland, to get a high amount of customers that would in turn tell their friends to make more customers etc, no advertising would be required, or even just throw some posters up on your daily driver

having a concrete slab and maybe a concrete 8 track would be mint, and if you really wanna make some cash invest in a tyre machine so when they finish popping their tyres you can offer to chuck new tyres on, and have a little garage so if they blow something up while raping their car you can atleast sus their ride to get them home or fix it and charge them full price

• General Member
 legacy666 said:

Why hasn't some business type started up some type of weekly boy racer event. Legally and through the right people. These boy racers seem to have an endless cash supply so why havent the smart people figured out a way to make money from them.

you mean like stock-cars or any other form of weekly motorsport?

yea right

"I dont have funds to repair my car if I break it" is biggest excuse

or " I dont wont to thrash it"

waste of air/typing...

JoKer']

[quote name='legacy666 said:

/quote]

you mean like stock-cars or any other form of weekly motorsport?

yea right

"I dont have funds to repair my car if I break it" is biggest excuse

or " I dont wont to thrash it"

waste of air/typing...

Meremere drags...track days...Local car club hill climbs, motorkhanas etc are all available and used by those so inclined.

The street racer type wouldn't be the heros they are without the street part of it.

I'd still love to know who the genius was that said it's a great idea for children to have a driving licence at 15..... ??? Can't move for the amount of smart, developed nations that decided to follow this.

If you still insist on letting the children drive, deny anything over 1000cc until 3 years (insured / proven) driving experience; and no turbos, superchargers, over 4 cylinders etc until aged 25 AND with appropriate (insured / proven) driving experience. Break the rules - it's a porridge fixed penalty.

And when you know you've got to have your own insurance to be legal, it hurts.

• General Member

Personaly I think no one under 21 with forced induction (im sure that age will go up as I get older lol).

Im pretty vague on it but I know Aus (NSW I think) has some tough laws on having forced induction or V8 now until your on full license and possibly over a certain age. I think there good rules.

They police engine size on learner motorbike riders I dont see why not learner car drivers?

I dont for a second think this will fix the problem completly, but if it saves a life here or there im all for it. I also think these laws would have more and more affect if looked at now as the price of older Subis, Legacys, Evos and GSRs is plummeting.

Its amazing how many you see parked up outside schools during school hours now. There obviously student cars.

Johnnynz said:

Personaly I think no one under 21 with forced induction (im sure that age will go up as I get older lol).

Im pretty vague on it but I know Aus (NSW I think) has some tough laws on having forced induction or V8 now until your on full license and possibly over a certain age. I think there good rules.

They police engine size on learner motorbike riders I dont see why not learner car drivers?

I dont for a second think this will fix the problem completly, but if it saves a life here or there im all for it. I also think these laws would have more and more affect if looked at now as the price of older Subis, Legacys, Evos and GSRs is plummeting.

Its amazing how many you see parked up outside schools during school hours now. There obviously student cars.

I have to agree with you that, maybe add impounding to the list if caught driving forced induction vehicles without a full license. Maybe restrictions to the learner and restricted license holders, could be vehicles own by them must be listed LTSA, electronically noted on there license, in the system.

heap of holes in it but a start..

Johnnynz said:

Na thats B/S

Most people i know, drive in mummys car until the later stages of there license

I mean whos going to go buy a piecea slow car to drive for 6 month which you cant drive by yourself anyway.

if something stupid like that came in before i had my lisence i would have never drove so would have been less expeinced then woulda borrowed a slow car to sit the test, then woulda been driving by myself with piss all time behind the wheel, the hardest thing i found about the test was taking off as i had never driven a manual before the day of my test lol

Having a fast car is NOT the problem IMO, a lot of the tools out there are also in beat up old corollas that they couldn't give to shits about so therefore are also doing the stupid shit. Boyracing and fast cars are not mutually exclusive.

Filtering out the retards and changing attitudes to speeding etc is what needs to be done, there is no easy solution.

Age and stupidity are not mutually exclusive as well. Many of the older drivers i know are some of the most wreckless.

If you've ever riden a 250 2-stroke roadbike (RGV250 or NSR250) or a quick 4-stroke 250 like mine (CBR250RR) then you'd know that even ristriction like that has its exceptions.

My 250cc is capable of 210kph (tested and verified) with the minor mods i've done, and limited to 185kph without mod's. Any capacity/induction restrictions will always have work-arounds and exceptions for those that really want to go fast.

It's a good idea, don't get me wrong. I fully support this idea for car licenses, it's just not a blanket fix.

• General Member

same with a Vtec yo, good high end output for a 1600

Australia have their P-plate system which seems to be successful AFAIK

if that was implemented here we would see a TON more SHALE-like cars (not an insult just a fact)

ever read the old Fast Fours mag and IIRC there was a fwd Lancer "done up" to look like a Evo due to P-plate restrictions

TURTLE']

Having a fast car is NOT the problem IMO, a lot of the tools out there are also in beat up old corollas that they couldn't give to shits about so therefore are also doing the stupid shit. Boyracing and fast cars are not mutually exclusive.

Filtering out the retards and changing attitudes to speeding etc is what needs to be done, there is no easy solution.

Age and stupidity are not mutually exclusive as well. Many of the older drivers i know are some of the most wreckless.

WELL SAID

[quote name='forhire said:

If you've ever riden a 250 2-stroke roadbike (RGV250 or NSR250) or a quick 4-stroke 250 like mine (CBR250RR) then you'd know that even ristriction like that has its exceptions.

My 250cc is capable of 210kph (tested and verified) with the minor mods i've done, and limited to 185kph without mod's. Any capacity/induction restrictions will always have work-arounds and exceptions for those that really want to go fast.

It's a good idea, don't get me wrong. I fully support this idea for car licenses, it's just not a blanket fix.

250's are slow, sorry. Its not about top speed, and yours is as low as your average 2L cooking sedan any way, its about how damn fast a machine can take you from rest to a power pole, or simply induce loss of control through overpowering the tyre(s), chassis, or (mainly) the drivers talent. 600cc+ and really its the Litre bikes that kill the uninitiated. Though there are plenty that handle them right from their L's. I have progressed through 50cc, 100cc, 400cc, 600cc, 750 up to Litre bikes over 27 years or riding and its only the modern 750's and the Litre machines that really impress me.

Enough about bikes.

Power to weight is one aspect. i also suipport graduated Licensing that rewards skill through an true skills based testing and training scheme...

And pigs fly, I'm told.

With bikes, Ive owned 4 bikes, only have a learners, and never had anything under 400cc. '92 GSXR400, '89 ZZR1100, '94 CBR600RR, K4 GSXR1000

So the idea of restricted cars and that wouldnt really work with how our goverment is.

Rise the age limit would be the first thing!!!! 15 is far far far to young to drive!

This debait has been going on for years, still no answer.

Give them a place to go?

why should we, get them to get off there ass's and make somthing happin about this. But then they still would use it. Eg: the welly car club which held an event at nite, 200 cars turnd up, only about 7 entered, and the rest just dragged up the motorway for the nite.