Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

1/ if you use a HID headlight that is complete and fits without modification then yes this will be ok ( only issue I can see is that it is supposed to have a leveling dial in cabin) so as long as the Honda part fits then should be ok depening on your WOF guy.

Codex said:

Now tightened up the alternator, squeek is a lot less now, thanks marky

It still squeeks a little bit, should I just replace both the ac belt and alty belt?

2/if it still squeaks then it has worn to a point that the belt is no longer been driven on the flanks and is trying to be driven on either the top of the belt or the bottom of the pulley,SO they need to be replaced

We are borg said:

2/if it still squeaks then it has worn to a point that the belt is no longer been driven on the flanks and is trying to be driven on either the top of the belt or the bottom of the pulley,SO they need to be replaced

Yup sounds good, will try sort this week ;D

I have a vf28 with no actuator on it and the flap has been bolted shut with a bracket. My dumb question is.....

If I take collector off that has the external on and put a stock one on and block boost lines off could I drive it down the road without damaging anything? Keeping in mind the actuator flap is shut with a bracket. Should I take bracket off?

Drive gently, sure

It\'s only freeboosted, just watch the gauge and drive with a light foot

If you take the bracket off - so the flapper is just open - then you\'ll just get to 0 boost, which is a less damaging alternative

Mate drove his evo round for a month like that, they don\'t go so good with no boost haha but you\'ll never kill it

evowrx said:

Keep it on no boost be sweet then fix it. Thats how people with externals pass warrants. Just blank off w/g tell wof boy to go slow.

Yer that\'s what i may do a. It got chucked out on external which I knew it would. I might open flapper as marky said so it run zero boost and throw the stock collector on for re-check.

Marky']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Keep it on no boost be sweet then fix it. Thats how people with externals pass warrants. Just blank off w/g tell wof boy to go slow.

/quote]

We know too many semi-dodgy people

Lucky were not cops... :o

not on a vfwhatever a legacy has it wont be

not the second bov at fault then

err... not sure, weird fault & sound - does it drive fine otherwise?

94 leone read the write up i did about what surge is, theres videos there, having or not having a bov wont make it struggle to make boost

wait - is this flutter as you let off or with your foot flat

if its as you let off then its what ^ that dude said

safe boost would be staying under 1 bar / 15psi, plenty run more, depends how much of a gambling man you are i guess

• Guest locked this topic