Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

car hunting

• Admin

As many of you will know my car is up for sale, and almost sold, but the V8 i was looking at has also been sold so now im looking at all options..

what are your thoughts on the...

Legacy S401?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/legacy/auction-383062539.htm

Verson 8 STi - High Ks

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/impreza/auction-382896037.htm

Legacy GT Wagon

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/legacy/auction-381642966.htm

Impreza V10 shape - Wild card

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/impreza/auction-381620076.htm

feel free to comment, be critical. post up any other prospects.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
 ODB said:

What are you wanting to acheive out of your new car Ray?

I dont really know to be honest. I miss the laid back cruising of the legacy's, but know I'll miss the all out balls to the wall-ness of 200kph down taupo stright.

it would be nice to be able to fit cargo inthe boot instead of the back seat. but then I hardly ever carry shit around, I want something from the 2000's.

something that would be a good all rounder.

I just cant bring my self to compromise on a WRX if im getting one i have to have an STI, and I dont really like the bug eyes. hence the V8...

anyone care to chuck around some options?

I guess you no longer doing racing then, unless you opt for the v8 sti, oh the s401 is nice. All depends on what your doing with it.

you can' t go from the v6 to that v10 what a step down. if it was a sti v10 then yep ;D

• Admin
 ballsrburning said:

I guess you no longer doing racing then, unless you opt for the v8 sti, oh the s401 is nice. All depends on what your doing with it.

you can' t go from the v6 to that v10 what a step down. if it was a sti v10 then yep ;D

no chance i could afford an stiV10...

Those legacys are nice, pretty quick too, one kept up with my v6 esaily enough before i stripped it, mind you I had 5 people in the car and this was all within the speed limit, so wasnt really going for it but it impressed me none the less.

any chance you are going to sell some bits off your car before you part with it, like the sway bars and pulley kit i would be keen? ;D

• Admin

well I dont know, Ive kinda gone off track stuff. getting more into autoX.

but having said that its more of a budget thing. when you're strapped for cash its hard to afford a tank of gas and entry money just to blow on a day at the track.

given the opertunity I'd still have a thrash...

So in short I guess something I can take to the track would be good. but I'm a little over a rough riding track monster as a road car...

Idealy, Id have 2 cars, a nice daily driver/open road beast and a track shreder.

RAYDEO']

well I dont know, Ive kinda gone off track stuff. getting more into autoX.

but having said that its more of a budget thing. when you're strapped for cash its hard to afford a tank of gas and entry money just to blow on a day at the track.

given the opertunity I'd still have a thrash...

So in short I guess something I can take to the track would be good. but I'm a little over a rough riding track monster as a road car...

Idealy, Id have 2 cars, a nice daily driver/open road beast and a track shreder.

i understand all this but you said this

[quote name='RAYDEO said:

affording two cars isn't really an option.

and buying an expensive new (all your options are 'upgrading') car when strapped also doesnt make a lot of financial sense imo. Nor tracking a new legacy or v8+, it devalues it fast, and it really rough on it.

Maybe a sensible legacy is the answer atm, of reasonable price, and get finances back on track and re enter the fray with a track only vehicle.

Get a BL / BP ez30r, or a the 2.0t if you think you can reasonably afford it, roll round in comfort style and it can tow when your ready with a track weapon later.

• Admin
 gazzy2000 said:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/auction-384202150.htm

EDIT - oh i see you have already insulted him lol

YES! saw this last night...

also looking at this...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/impreza/auction-366983181.htm

I know its non STI, and I know what I said about them, but theres somthing that keeps me comming back to both of these cars.

very good points Jon, I was also thinking about a EZ30...

what i dont get it is how the hell can you get a v8 sti for 15k when v5 best examples maybe are fetching about 12k thats no difference at all.

• Admin
 ballsrburning said:

what i dont get it is how the hell can you get a v8 sti for 15k when v5 best examples maybe are fetching about 12k thats no difference at all.

not quite catching your drift there, can you explain more?

the v8 you linked to is 15 k and if you got near your asking price, thats only a 3-4 k difference. I thought v8 would be way more, or are v5 worth on average a lot less.

• Admin

very true Jon, but if the AA check backs up what im saying then I will get my asking price.

a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. having said that, If i ask for 30K and someone agrees to pay that, thats not saying its worth that much, its saying i was hella cheaky and they were stupid.

keep an eye for a BLs' legacy i say; snapped one for a friend couple months ago. 2004 GT Spec B with 146XXX for $13k. it was a fresh import grade 4 and also got a 2 year mechanical warranty included in the price.

Check chch dealers, seems like they dropped their prices since the quake as sales isn't that good since then, if you find something it'll be a win win for all :)