• Raised $0.00

car hunting

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

done

Hi there, I would like to bring this to someone's attention and have the price of my pre purchase inspection refunded as due to the comment placed on the bottom of the form filled out today, I have lost the sale of my motor vehicle.

the attachment to this message is a scan of the form, where the inspector said "it drives like a pig"

This may have been the case in the inspector's personal view, but is hardly professional or becoming of a representative of a national company such as VTNZ.

I look forward to your promt reply and soulition to this matter.

RAYDEO said:

done

Hi there, I would like to bring this to someone's attention and have the price of my pre purchase inspection refunded as due to the comment placed on the bottom of the form filled out today, I have lost the sale of my motor vehicle.

the attachment to this message is a scan of the form, where the inspector said "it drives like a pig"

This may have been the case in the inspector's personal view, but is hardly professional or becoming of a representative of a national company such as VTNZ.

I look forward to your promt reply and soulition to this matter.

That is pretty crap ray, cant believe that happened. I had a similar thing happen when I was selling my AE101 with coilovers. They also said that the engine was "in danger of failing" but had not idea that the sound they were hearing was an external fuel pump. I really have little to no faith in those checks

Hope it all gets resolved man

stuped bloody aa, a mates sti went through a aa check and they said it had leaking rockers, it didnt, he lost the sale due to that, when we questioned the aa they said they put that for all aa checks on subarus cause so many of them do leak.

Did it loose you the sale ray??? I would go back to the guy and say that may be so however a twist here and they are soft, happy now you old fart, Its a STI not a fkn base model impressa with suspension looser than your daughter.

I got a VTNZ check done on my 98 type r, came back clean apart from a new rear wiper blade needed installing, got it home to welly from chch, and rick had a look at it , got an A4 piece of paper with what needed to be done, what kind of shit industry are these car reports

petrolheadjman said:

D D C

i like the second black one :D looks very nice

Lights and wheels are dead give away for first two

what he said,

first one D, second one D, third one could be either B or C. one of the give away are the headlights, notice the difference

Edit, last GTB is a Rev B not C, i just looked at the TM ad

RAYDEO said:

so rev D as said ealier in this thread is prone to det?

but rev B not so much?

also rev D has reflashable ecu, but not rev b?

yes and yes, but easy fix with Rev D as you can re-flash it with open source or similar or just retard the timing i think

• Admin
 B4 2000']

[quote name='RAYDEO said:

so rev D as said ealier in this thread is prone to det?

but rev B not so much?

also rev D has reflashable ecu, but not rev b?

/quote]

yes and yes, but easy fix with Rev D as you can re-flash it with open source or similar or just retard the timing i think

huh? so yes rev is prone to det or is not?

Not sure if this has been mentioned already (just skimread the thread) but if you're looking at the two car option its not hard to get a cheap to run road/track car that just as much (or more) fun if you don't mine sacrificing a bit of speed - something like an early MX5 or MR2 can be picked up for $3-4k in good mechanical condition and are great fun to drive, plus the lower weight and power makes them a lot easier on tyres, brakes etc.

I considered an STi-RA then went for a GTB (Rev-D E-tune incidentally) and a $3.5k MX5 instead. Then I swapped to a 250rwhp turbo MX5 which is great, but to be honest I probably had just as much fun in the almost standard one. Nice wagon for space and long trips which is still fun to hustle along + sportscar for play, to me its better than one car which compromises both to be somewhere in the middle. Costs a bit more in insurance+rego etc though I guess.

My Rev-D runs ok on 95 but smoother, more powerful and 10-15% more economical on 98 - I hear rumours about them having det issues but generally not from anyone who has actually had problems themselves... take from that what you will. I have felt the ECU pull timing a couple of times on 95 (hard driving on hot days) so generally I go a bit easier on it on 95 to be safe, I'd run 98 all the time if I could get it down here. Never had any hint of det on 98.

GravelBen said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned already (just skimread the thread) but if you're looking at the two car option its not hard to get a cheap to run road/track car that just as much (or more) fun if you don't mine sacrificing a bit of speed - something like an early MX5 or MR2 can be picked up for $3-4k in good mechanical condition and are great fun to drive, plus the lower weight and power makes them a lot easier on tyres, brakes etc.

I have owned both of these cars, the mr2 i had firstly was a na rev 3 and this went through rear tires like wouldn't believe and I didn't drive like a twat either, the mr2 are great cars i love them but they eat tyres. Also had a mr2 rev 3 turbo and the rear tyres on them did not last long at all, its well known fact the rear tyres on mr2 's get a hard time even if you drive sensible.

The mx5 i owned (well misses owned) was a great car, loads of fun especially handling wise as it's so, so easy to control when going side ways ,unlike the mr2. Lacked power but a turbo conversion could sort that out. Both are great cars, but for cheap reliability i would choose the mx5, we didn't need one thing repaird on ours in the 3 years we owned it and this was in the uk too. The mr2's i owned both of them werent bad but tyres cost me a lot.

RAYDEO said:

Nice! Thanks for that! Looks like I'm going down a a similar route.

How much does a reflash cost now though? Quite a bit isnt it?

If you are ever going to look at a single turbo big power for the GTB then avoid the rev D. The lower compression in the Rev C is better :)

kwi_fozze said:

depends who you talk to... if you are patient you can diy with opensource.... just takes some brainpower...

correct..

ps, i have not seen much past 180-190kw with reflash on BH/BE revd even after professional retune

unless u changing to bigger components like exhausts and turbo etc

• Admin

ok, RAYDEO V is being picked up on Friday, I havnt seen anything I'm madly inlove with thats also in my budget and dont really want to rush into anything. but keep throughing around the ideas people...

only down side is im car-less for the first time in 8 years as of friday... :o