Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

in the eyes of the law. is your car a boy racer car?

Guest 4wdftw

in the eyes of the law. is your car a boy racer car?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. in the eyes of the law. is your car a boy racer car?

• yes
    • no
    • only when its sacked out yo!
    • cops? what cops? im too fast for the cops!

• General Member

we accept the stereoeo type yet are not regularly targeted for our activities - we are already doing positive work

it the minority/bad egg in the bunch spoiling it for the rest of us...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 4wdftw

i agree... so what are some positive ways to overcome this " epidemic" not including car crushing, jail, towing said boy racers behind rally cars, fines and anarchy.

im talking more track days, driver training, workshops etc etc.

4wdftw said:

i agree... so what are some positive ways to overcome this " epidemic" not including car crushing, jail, towing said boy racers behind rally cars, fines and ANARKY.

im talking more track days, driver training, workshops etc etc.

fixed it for ya

heheheheh

Guest 4wdftw
 Johnnynz said:

Well you seem to have a view on what will fix it or at least contribute to fixing it.

Why not share in more detail?

track days: we already hold alot of track days here in christchurch, YES we still have issues with "boy racers" however, track days like the wheels and heels driver training days where the fees were less than $50 is perfect for this application, even with support from the council and the police would greatly relieve the tension that is around between all parties concerned, more advertising of these days and a possible co-operation with driver licencing ( to reduce the time required to gain the next licence ) and have young drivers complete a defensive driving course ( even on back part of track, similiar to megameet?) dont forget we need to educate young drivers so they realise they are driving a potentially lethal weapon and not just a "burnout machine".

however i do agree on raising the age to 16 from 15 for obtaining a drivers licence, and

a similar system to the UK where certain cars are not available to younger drivers ie: turbocharged, supercharged, v6 and v8 as examples. not necessarily so harsh but on similar lines.( i do realise that this is a government and law issue )

however track days and driver training is less expensive and does not require any law change, and considering the amount of petrol that most young drivers seem to go through in a night, im sure the cost of these track days/driver training programs are definately affordable.

of course this is open to discussion this is a public forum. so please feel free to offer suggestions,

maybe together as clubsub we can lead the way and make the roads safer for all of us.

The last couple of trackdays we had down here, i was personally inviting guys who were driving around town...you know what happened? They didnt show up to race, just to watch. The side of the track was littered with these guys i had invited but had no balls to race. All good to drag your mate on the street but get them to a place where they might get their arse kicked and they wont do it...its a pride thing.

Guest 4wdftw

its a shame really... i know what you mean. it sucks when ya organise events and people either dont turn up or dont get involved..

whats the media like down there in relation to boy racers swindog? i guess these strategies would be more suited to somewhere like christchurch / wellington / auckland for a start.

( more population , more potential participants ( in theory ))

im not trying to say i will solve the issue of boy racing, of course not, there are those who will continue to defy the law to the extreme and thrive on the attention they get. however if we can encourage even a few to take another look and think about their actions then thats a bonus right?

and we all know its much more fun to do 180kph+ when ya have no chance of getting a speeding ticket or loss of licence. :)

4wdftw said:

its a shame really... i know what you mean. it sucks when ya organise events and people either dont turn up or dont get involved..

whats the media like down there in relation to boy racers swindog? i guess these strategies would be more suited to somewhere like christchurch / wellington / auckland for a start.

( more population , more potential participants ( in theory ))

im not trying to say i will solve the issue of boy racing, of course not, there are those who will continue to defy the law to the extreme and thrive on the attention they get. however if we can encourage even a few to take another look and think about their actions then thats a bonus right?

and we all know its much more fun to do 180kph+ when ya have no chance of getting a speeding ticket or loss of licence. :)

Its not so bad down here but its prob for the cops. The fact the only area for racing seems to be the middle of town is ok with me. Or the drag trains out to the country which isnt far off in Ingill. I would just like to see more of these guys on the track. They think they are all that on the street and at the lights but not willing to give it on the track.

Just remember tho you dont need to have a modified flash car to be a racer...you can still do 150k in starlet or charade and make just as much noise and nuisance.

• General Member

Good points your raising IMO Swindog.

I think a lot of these guys will never leave the street because there not the "Biggest dog in the Yard" as it were anymore.

From my observations a lot of them are very selective on who they race and the thought of racing someone with a more powerful car is to overwhelming for them.

Its like an insult to there manhood that they may lose to a more powerful or better set up car. Or heaven forbid a better driver.

Lets be honest well know the best drivers are on the streets yo!!! ::)

Well in there minds anyway.

I think the terminology needs to be correct.

Boy racers : A meeting of modified cars for the purpose of racing. If you pour diesel on the road and are caught inside a cloud of tyre smoke then there is no argument - you are a boy racer

Modified car owner : (Us) If you arent involved in racing, illegal activities or the like then you are fine. You get pulled over because you are in a modified car. This is because there are lots of cowboys out there who modify their car with little or no knowledge of basic mechanical or safety principles. Police are checking your car is up to scratch for the safety of other road users. Small price to pay sometimes.....

If you get pulled over because you have an abnormally loud bov/exhaust/stereo then hey, shit happens :)

I find it something that you just have to deal with.. it seems to effects rice munches more than anything, I own a HQ Monaro with 308 curse in that, near never get pulled over in it.. hope in my GTB and its ...weeeeoooo weeeeoooo, you MAORI is the GTB PULLOVER ... WTF ??????

(the rest is added for entertainment purposes only, no way was there any MAORI hurt in the making of this moment)

arr excuse me sir are thoughs springs cut... arrr nope, no there not... sir they look cut... ... arr well there not.. ok sir please calm down...... arrrr but i am calm....... Sir dont back talk me..... psssstttt arr wtf is that for.... my eyes you muddah f**kr.... thats it buddy.. i told you to calm down .. get the cuffs on him billy jr.. ... let that dog go... that will teach him, grrrrrr garrr, ah sh*t get this dog off me...

LOL ..

snip

shit happens :)

Typical modifications for a boy racer include:

* Larger than original exhaust pipes

* Spoilers and bonnet scoops

* Lowering a car's ride height

* Body Kits and other appearance modifications

* Engine and drive-train modificatins

* Weight reduction

* Deleted safety devices

Um, mine came from Subaru like this... ;D

lol i'm sure mine counts..

white mags

big exhaust

big kit

big wing

soon to be BOV

soon to be tints

but i've never been pulled over, i dont' drive like i wanna kill myself or others, i've been followed a few times then they just back off, i think having clubsub on your car DOES help stop them picking on us as much, you're in a club therefore deemed to be more "responsible with your enthusiasm"... i also think lol they followed me, ran my plate, ran my licence and got a suprise to see "oh, female driver, with truck n trailer licence o.O..

people are far too quick to point the finger, nice car, looks fast, sounds fast, must be a BR...

chickinsteelcaps said:

white mags

big exhaust

big kit

big wing

soon to be BOV

soon to be tints

but i've never been pulled over, i dont' drive like i wanna kill myself or others, i've been followed a few times then they just back off, i think having clubsub on your car DOES help stop them picking on us as much, you're in a club therefore deemed to be more "responsible with your enthusiasm"... i also think lol they followed me, ran my plate, ran my licence and got a suprise to see "oh, female driver, with truck n trailer licence o.O..

people are far too quick to point the finger, nice car, looks fast, sounds fast, must be a BR...

Hehehehe. Your a "boy" racer

id have to say yes and no. our commy http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=212631310 we have never been pulled over in the 2 years we have owned it. and our suby has all the usual mods from FB intercooler to clear tail lights etc etc but never been pulled over in that either. get a few stares tho when i start the external screaming down the road. but thank god for radar detectors, i have lost count how many times i would have been busted and accused of boyracering.

catsoup']

[quote name='chickinsteelcaps said:

white mags

big exhaust

big kit

big wing

soon to be BOV

soon to be tints

/quote]

Hehehehe. Your a "boy" racer

Correction Gurl Racer lol :P