Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Wouldn't drive a Hyundai if they paid me

grim

Hyundais are crap.

Their marketing is crap... stupid babies driving.

Even stupider Asian girls chasing their dream car, a Hyundai SUV.

FFS if that's all you aspire to you might as well go kill yourself now.

:P

And as good as the Millen hill climber was, it was totally blitzed by Monster's Suzuki at Pike's Peak.

;D

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/06/26/monster-tajima-smashes-10-minute-mark-at-pikes-peak-ascends-in/

tajima-pikes.jpg

002-2011-monster-sport-suzuki-sx4-hill-c

newsuba said:

no one said anything about aspiring to one?

Take my comment in the context in which was intended. As a company work hack they do the job fine.

ODB']

[quote name='newsuba said:

/quote]

Take my comment in the context in which was intended. As a company work hack they do the job fine.

The promotion is showing the girl aspiring to the Hyundai SUV.

Maybe you should be taking the comment in the context in which it was intendedl.

• General Member

Will be interesting to see how he goes this year actualy. The spin last year cost him, but I dont think he was on Monsters pace anyway.

Hes chased that sub 10 minute time pretty hard, would be super gutting for him if Monster went sub 10 first.

That all said I dont mind Hyundais, there uninspired motoring but do the job ok and from what I have seen dont have many mechanical issues. Could be worse, could be a Euro... :P

TURTLE']

[quote name='newsuba said:

/quote]

The promotion is showing the girl aspiring to the Hyundai SUV.

Maybe you should be taking the comment in the context in which it was intendedl.

I thought the advert showed the girl chasing the car she made in the Korean (?) Hyundai factory?

Meh

• General Member
 newsuba said:

Didn't you read my post ?

Monster "monstered" Millen by nearly 20sec !

09:51.278 !

;D

Now why can't Suzuki use some of that knowledge to build decent roadcars ?

Oh darn it, I thought this was tomorrow for some reason... I didn't really look at the table I thought it was last years results :(

Oh well, wasn't much doubt before but its pretty clear whos the king or Pikes Peak nowadays ha ha.

The Santa Fe are good semi-SUV vehicles... As long as you get post 2007 models (big problems before that apparently). Average fuel usage of 7.9l/100km is a shitload better than my subie gets thats for sure, can fit more stuff in them and the 4WD system is better than given credit for (I've personally seen a pro offroader get a santa fe on road tires further than his purpose built Navara on Mudzillaz, god knows how but it happened) plus tows the boat (heavy one) better than most other 4x4 we have had... (upgrade chip for the ecu gets some handy extra HP for no engine mods at all too)

Koom said:

I'd drive one

Hyundai-Accent-WRC-006-1.jpeg

+1 on that

We own a Hyundai Getz, its faired and handles better than:

Holden Cr@pador (had 3 VE's in 5 years they all sh@t themselves)

Ford Falcon (2 Diffs, Drivers seat...)

Mitsubishi 380 (cant see sweet f**kall behind/side of you, and dont get me started on the fact that the rear seats dont fold down...)

Some cars I would rather have:

Toyota Aurion/Camry (No dramas for the few times we had it as company lease)

Mitsubishi 380 (Some muppet at work trying to kill one by not servicing it for 45K... they drained just 600ml of oil... She still go's)

Any Subaru

But you cant beat the smell of an oily rag economy, base kit, etc... Oh and my wife has been unable to kill it in the last 4.5 years... Nuff said

In saying that - definately not my dream car...

Dream cars include BMW E30 M3,BMW M1, BMW M5, new BMW 1M, Subaru WRX STI Coupe, Subaru WRX STI rally car, Mercedes Benz 300sl Gullwing...

I once had to drive a '96 Hyundai Lantra for work, it was the single most pathetic excuse for a car I have ever experienced. No power, crap brakes, clutch like a damp sponge, gear lever felt like it was about to snap off in your hand (when you managed to find the gear you wanted), steering that somehow combined being incredibly heavy with having no feel, in fact none of the controls really had any feel or feedback at all. Hopping into my '86 Leone at the end of the day felt like a sports car!

Also drove a 2001-ish Getz for a few days at a different job, it drove better but still felt like it was made primarily of plastic and bits might fall off at any moment.

I'm sure they're improving though, they seem to be selling well enough.