Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Reversed scoop

ADIKT

Have done a search and cant find jack shit on how to do it...

Had a good look at my bonnet today and it look likes if you turn it around it wont fit in properly...

I know funky did his and he said it was real easy... but how?

Its either i do this or get rid of the scoop completely and get it smoothed over. And just have the 2 22b vents..

Any help is much appreciated!! ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no its really simple and word of warning, it looks good from far, but far from good.

1) remove the scoop from bonnet

2) remove all the fasteners (bolt ends) from the scoop apart from the middle ones at the front and back (this leaves only 2)

3) spin the scoop round and you'll see these two holes still line up

4) you'll also notice the scoop isnt symetrical in the hole

5) get your craft knife out and start shaping the edge on each side thats offending.

6) trim and refit until its right

Youl have two small gaps left over which is obvious and it only bolts in with two bolts now. so if you get keen glue the sucker in and silicon the small gaps to stop water getting in.

My car got thrashed at 200km/h [email protected] the track all weekend backwards with only the two bolts in it and its fine fwiw :)

JoKer said:

i spotted grindage on Jon's

no i shaped with a craft knife :)

NTYCME']

[quote name='funkytown said:

those are all MY03-05

not much use to forester or GC/GF guys and gals. :)

/quote]

my bad, this one

http://www.ultrex.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74&products_id=362

Interesting... they look pretty sick. Any one got one over here? May have to look at getting one.. Mite try chop up a standard sccop first...

WRXONP said:

chop her up and fill the gap with silicone . . Im going to do this until i get my ver8 scoop fixed

I got it from strongs... It came up on a pic they added on facebook and its a lil damaged so they sold it to me for $30.00 lol.. Nothing a bit of a sand and a lick of paint can't fix..

xxMELZxx']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

chop her up and fill the gap with silicone . . Im going to do this until i get my ver8 scoop fixed

/quote]

I got it from strongs... It came up on a pic they added on facebook and its a lil damaged so they sold it to me for $30.00 lol.. Nothing a bit of a sand and a lick of paint can't fix..

Sounds like you got a deal and a half there... Ill keep my eye out