Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

200,000 kms - Who's made it?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my old mans 94 TX leggy wagon is sitting on 296,XXX ks , used to be serviced well by previous owner ( next door neighbours that moved to london)

at this point i think the engine will outlast the chassis lol, starts first time always & quickly, is a gardeners car now, so is looking a bit tired

oh and still on original engine

My old Back GTB wagon, few of you may remember it from the last Mega-meet I was at, has now done 215,000km.

My best mate bought it off me, and its still buzzing round Wellington. Still on the same engine. He has had the gaskets on the rocker covers done, along with clutch and a few other general maintenance items, but its still going great and mechanic says its in awesome condition!

So they dont ALL blow up!

• 2 weeks later...

gota motor with lower k's out of the car from pikapart ^_^ got the dash an ecu all out of the same car.. so at least i hope its accurate to the motor

it had nice green coolant and good clean oil and a mint gearbox and some crash damage on the side of the body at the rear so assume it got shunted haha

seems to go well apart from stupid surge thingy that i cant figure out but thats partly due to a lack of funds atm.

mum's corolla '95? 1.6 has done 220k now. about time for its 1st cambelt change

we've so far welded up the exhaust extractors, replaced the crank pulley/bolt after it snapped and spat it all out

we havnt fixed, rear wheel bearings, worn piston rings, stuffed shocks, open thermostat

still goes, why bother lol, i have subies to work on :D

Mines about 700kms off 200,000 - and still goin strong on its orginal engine thats never bn pulled out. - other than a smokey rockercover leak no major issues so far *touch wood*

My bros foz (my old one) is up around 210-220, on original engine with no major issues either *touch wood*

...its all about how u drive them, and look after them.

• Admin

My flatmate's Corolla has done 418k... still goes not too badly.

My Surf is just under 200k, though I imagine it'll do 400 and be only just breaking in.

I haven't had a Subey that high yet. My V7's around 110, my V3 was at about 120 and my Dad's VZ-r Leggy was up around 185 when the crankshaft fell apart.

ben-jamminn said:

Does it surge under boost?

well thats the thing, it comes down to whether im foot flat or not, cos i can go right through rev range at say 5psi but if i plant it 3grand onwards itll get to around 4000-4500rpm and then cut out

on a brighter note, i had a legacy brighton bf that had done 295,000 on the original motor and as far as im aware is still going strong lol.

gotasuby said:

my run around has 380,000km. 2.2l sohc ;D

also my car had 240km before i put new motor in, there was nothing wrong with it

haha wtf why did you put a new motor in then? They do say that the 2.2 SOHC is the most reliable, my one lasted until around 190k without any issue until it was stolen and written off