• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Insurance Thread 2.0

Shale

Guest loren
 Old Skool Subbie']

[quote name='loren said:

my insurance...

STi v6: Classic Car Insurance, premium less than $400/yr and $500 excess.

Legacy: State Insurance, premium less than $200/yr and $250 excess.

/quote]

How could you get classic car insurance on the STI? Normally for you to be covered by that car needs to be at least 30 years old.

only drive a maxnium of 5k a year and be over 25.

They also insure race/rally cars... yep can only do a max of 5000km a year. It's more or less just theft insurance, and

accident insurance when driving to and from events.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your car was stolen right?

Did you claim to fix it?

Your car was stacked at the back wasnt it?

Did you claim to fix it?

If so...you do have driver history...even though at least one of those wasnt your fault.

Didn't make a claim on the theft no - $2k excess and only a few hundy damage.

Good point on the truck mark though, and yeah it was covered by the truck company's insurance as he admitted liability.

ah well.

Must just be your age then. Although could they be taking into account that you are an Asian driver?

They are maybe expecting your collection of soft toys in the rear window to obscure your view at a critical moment?

LOL im jk here Shale

Haha, shale caused actual LOL.

And it wasn't about the hyper silver HX this time

How long till the car will actually be ready, serious. As you may be closer to 25 and more insurable by then. Is it worth taking it off the road totally until its ready 100%

Well yeah considering the massive cost of the final product (yeah yeah I know, more than an STi's cost for less car, blah blah) it'd be worth considering just shoving it on hold and dealing to it. But there's nowhere to park an on hold/dereg'd car safely or securely, and I need a runner. The BF5 doesn't do that yet.

I'm doing it in stages - bit by bit. After Japan I'll have means to actually DO something to it, finally, as well...

It will literally be closer to 25 by the time the EJ22 is ready to slot in. Until then it's just an HX...but with a pile of other stuff weighing it down in the meantime. (Why do you think I bought the Legacy? ;D)

<insert random hillarious mocking picture from teh interweb here>

LOL jk.

What part of Japan are you going to? Are you 1/2 japanese?

You know you want to post a demotivator. DOOOO EEEET.

I'm going to Tokyo for a week...on the lookout for gauges etc, along with the usual guff. I'm actually half Malaysian-Chinese, half Pakeha, raised in Australia and NZ, with roots across about 10 countries. So I'm... 'Other' ;D

Guest 4wdftw

keep ya head up shale, screw these FKWITZ who keep tellin ya this and that.

do wat u want. cos at the end of the day its you that owns the car not them.

its funny cos if their cars are so great why do they keep blowing up?

prevention is better than cure, its good to see your puttin in the hard work.

IMO uv done more to ur car than most the haters will ever do:)

loren']

[quote name='loren said:

my insurance...

/quote]

How could you get classic car insurance on the STI? Normally for you to be covered by that car needs to be at least 30 years old.

They also insure race/rally cars... yep can only do a max of 5000km a year. It's more or less just theft insurance, and

Do you have any mods listed and how old are you?

Guest loren
 Swindog']

[quote name='loren said:

my insurance...

/quote]

They have categories for equipment, I can't remember being specific... just value per category.

I'm 38 but I don't think it makes a huge difference in this case as race cars are a low risk...

not driven much, stored inside... possibly to conspicuous for the average thief?

Guest loren
 Shale said:

Perhaps this is presumptuous but would the average thief be able to break into, drive and keep inconspicuous the average race car?

sorry how is your question presumptuous?

TBH I don't know what the average thief would be able to do... race cars are generally rather conspicuous though...

I suspect the average car thief in Wellington is quite different from the average car thief in AK as well.

Guest loren
 BC5RA said:

So this aforementioned race car the one you'll be driving when i come to Wellington? ::)

oh you've got me, I don't have a race car, it's all internet talk ::)

loren']

[quote name='loren said:

my insurance...

/quote]

They have categories for equipment, I can't remember being specific... just value per category.

I'm 38 but I don't think it makes a huge difference in this case as race cars are a low risk...

not driven much, stored inside... possibly to conspicuous for the average thief?

Ah enlighten me. Is your V6 road registered or an actual race car?

Guest loren
 Swindog']

[quote name='loren said:

my insurance...

/quote]

Ah enlighten me. Is your V6 road registered or an actual race car?

yes it is road registered, does that mean it's not a race car?

Not at all. Just fail to see how it can be registered for road use yet your insurance is as it states above and as a classic. All my dealings with insurances and brokers i've never heard of it. Either you got a mean as deal or someone made a mistake.

As you say thats true for a true classic re the 5000km thing but it has to reach an age limit too.