Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Insurance Thread 2.0

Shale

I only bite because I'm bored and I enjoy entertaining the rest of you. That, and d!ckheads like this inbred here seem to take it all so seriously. ;D

As for Tony, yeah it's a swaybar at the moment. There are other parts he has that I want though. Unfortunately some of us don't have endless supplies of cash upfront, eh?

Basically Ross darling, no matter how many tampons you go through nothing you say is going to have ANY impact whatsoever on what I do aside from wasting my time in the internet while I'm bored, and providing lulz. You're just another dork with no life in the great wide interbutt after all...and no one actually cares.

Though I gotta say...your morbid fascination with me is starting to get a little worrysome. Better not turn into another one of those stupid Bebo stalkers, eh?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shale']

I only bite because I'm bored and I enjoy entertaining the rest of you.

You certainly do entertain us. Many LOLs have been had at your expense.

[quote name='Shale said:

As for Tony, yeah it's a swaybar at the moment. There are other parts he has that I want though. Unfortunately some of us don't have endless supplies of cash upfront, eh?

You posted that on the 6th April, 2009. Its not like you posted this ages ago with the intent of purchasing but didnt. Again, you have been busted straight out lying. Its no biggie, just admit it.

img]http://www.groovy-layouts.com/Images/Fun/Jazzy_Comments/images/Tell-the-Truth.gif[/img]

Actually I'm about to delete it. I'm sick of being e-stalked to be honest... lots of good info amongst a certain person's constant driveling and wannabe insults, and thanks to the actual good advice I'm going with Clic.

Shale said:

Actually I'm about to delete it. I'm sick of being e-stalked to be honest... lots of good info amongst a certain person's constant driveling and wannabe insults, and thanks to the actual good advice I'm going with Clic.

LOL when all else fails......delete the evidence of your um.....fail.

Lets call a truce shall we Shale. You are actually ok, if slightly misguided.

Personally i have insurance with AMI and they were cool about mods. But i do have house, contents and the Forester insurance there aswell so yeah.

As someone said get a broker and u might get lucky.

Truce if you find something else to do with your time :P Misguided is no news to me, have been for 3 years now absolute minimum and we all know it. Direction with that (whatever that may be) is coming after Japan.

AMI tells under 25s to come back later unfortunately.

(TBH the best thing to do would be to get rid of all the sh!t here, as there is a lot of good info amongst it all for anyone looking for insurance on their car...but I can't selectively delete posts can I >:()

do your parents have a lot of insurances elsewhere?

If you have built up your max no claims already then leave and get it insured under them with you as a registered driver.

You will retain your max no claims until you ARE 25 and can have it under your own steam, while their portfolio of insurance might sway the company to accept the vehicle or lose the custom.

I'm with AMI.. with a legacy not STI mind you. I was nominated secondary driver for the STI however through them.

Was interesting tho, i rung up AMI to see if they would insure me when my relationship seperated and they basically said f'off b/c i was to young, and my car had to many mods (LOL NOT)... I then said well actually i'm just seperating from so-and-so.. and they were like sweet we'll insure you, you're fine. *yawn*.

I pay 86 or so a month for being under 25 :)

Good thought, that. They have house & contents with AMP, and my car was originally tacked onto that plan. However they would only insure it for $9k (right after I bought it for $10.5k), and wouldn't even allow new wheels as far as mods go. It was over $2k a year even back then. When I biffed the 15" POS wheels it was time to move onto another company.

Sometimes wish they were with State >:(

On that note, that's exactly the right thing to do IMO come first house time. Just add both cars to house & contents with a friendly company.

:)

Kas - sounds like a pretty good deal, aside from the ranting from the insurance company lol.

im with state, i also had my company stuff with them too. for my forester it cost 600 a year i guess i should really ask them about mods lol

Well that was entertaining... :o

I'm with NAC, was 1500 pa for the GTB, though rather un modified, but i'm 21. I've no longer got the full cover, cause kind of being unemployed means you can't quite afford that. Still have the 3rd party stuff though

• General Member

I basicaly get lubed up and bent over by NAC every month.

I got an unhealthy amount of tickets in my teens in while being a pizza boy. And unfortunatly still get a few now in the work car as I travel a lot and I have been done doing a cheeky 115 a few times in the last two years.

I also had an unfortunate incident which saw my last WRX hit a couple of parked cars, I wasnt doing anything silly or illegal just driver error in the wet after a long day at work and I messed my car up pretty bad.

About the only thing on the insuance no no list I havent done is lost my license really.

So I dont even bother shopping around atm, I just pay up and try not to fuck this car up so I can afford to carry on the Subi and otherwise Hi Po car love I have going on. When I turn 25 or change car I will shop around a bit I guess.

• Admin

ihad been with AMI since my first car. but then i went n got the GTB and they said fcuk off...

so i went with AON (through a broker) and that was around $1600 per year. then state rang me up (after i already called them and had huge dramas) saying they'd insure me...$900 per year for my GTB and $1100 for the STI.

now im down to one car and paying $950 per year for the STI... go figure

Guest loren

my insurance...

STi v6: Classic Car Insurance, premium less than $400/yr and $500 excess.

Legacy: State Insurance, premium less than $200/yr and $250 excess.

clic car insurance quoted me $1068 a year for my v6 sti with all mods with an excess of 1700 WTF.......but in saying that my past driving history is longer then my list of mods on car lol,

Insure Direct who im with now are aware of all mods and driving offences history are pretty good at $888 a year and $900 excess, still wouldn't mind finding some one cheaper but for the time being they're ok.

lost license x2 (first time because of dangerous driving, 2nd time exceeded 100 demerit points)

few speeding tickets, lane changing, careless driving tickets, total of around 7k worth. Oh what it was to be young free and stupid.

Stopped all that crap almost 6 years ago now and clic said they wouldn't of taken it into consideration if offences were over 7years ago, so i'll give them a bell some time next year lol.

loren said:

my insurance...

yea.......how old are you?

gc8ra said:

Stopped all that crap almost 6 years ago now and clic said they wouldn't of taken it into consideration if offences were over 7years ago, so i'll give them a bell some time next year lol.

i was in the same boat for years, i couldnt actually get insurance but now that over 7 years has lapsed i dont need to disclose any of it :-)

TURTLE']

[quote name='Rossmnz said:

LOL when all else fails......delete the evidence of your um.....fail.

/quote]

One of my favourite sayings.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you even tried.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

My partner and I pay $12 a week between us for home contents and our '92 Legacy GT with AMI and we are both over 25.

I had a completely stock '99 WRX (not STi) when I was 26 back in Oz and my insurance was just over $850 AUD per year....and that was cheap! If one had a stock WRX in Oz they could look at easily paying approx $1000 AUD per year for insurance.

loren said:

my insurance...

How could you get classic car insurance on the STI? Normally for you to be covered by that car needs to be at least 30 years old.

only drive a maxnium of 5k a year and be over 25.