Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Insurance Thread 2.0

Shale

My first was a Vtec Civic. A 94. It was 5 years old at that stage... it had big mags and a big spoiler and lowered. It was P H A T.

I paid through the teeth to begin with. But in all the years ive been driving, no claims. Not even an accident nor a ding caused by me.

This still doesnt change what they charge you, no matter what car you drive. If your an accident prone driver driving an 86' starlet you ll probably be paying the same as most of you jokers with turbo'd rice rockets who have never claimed.

As for Ross and Shale...stop bloody arguing.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shale:

Please engage your brain before typing.

You would get more respect that way.

Part of what you have just said essentially amounts to fraud.

One day you might learn, grasshopper!

Swindog:

We are not insulting each other(much), merely having spirited discussion.

Shale said:

...how in the hell does any of that amount to fraud?

Yourself as the "minor driver" and your parents as the main driver.

We all know this i total BS.

ie you, and your folks made a false declaration(and signed the policy) to deliberately mislead the insurance company in order to drop the premium!

"Ignorance begets more confidence than does knowledge."

Did you ask whether I took the bus to work and back every day because I was a learner, while my parents used it to run around because it was more economical than the 1.7L Civic and the 2.3L Odyssey we had at the time? NO.

Did you factor in the learner driver aspect - and that as per earlier nanna-driving comment I would most likely have only used the vehicle for driving lessons? NO.

Did you ask whether my parents actually DID use the car for far more miles than myself at that point in the insurance history? NO.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All of the above is in the opinion of Shale, and has not been verified as truth.

Dont worry i wont dob you in.

Its good to see I havent hit a nerve eh?

Its funny that you say I get off from being ridiculous, when Mr Ridiculous himself is currently getting you off.

Shale said:

o____O Now you're just being obscure, lol...

:D

Those in the know will know what I am on about, as you do!

LOL that was good natured btw...im not hassling either of you really!

Guest STiEVO

i pay 126 $ a month for car and contents full cover on car and 50k contents i think ill reduce that as i wouldnt have 50k worth of stuff

thats pretty pricey,who are you with?

I pay about $140 per month for the WRX, the Forester turbo, 50k ish of contents and the house insurance.

Thats all through AMI

DRFVDR said:

Remeber that carpets and curtains are all contents

IF you own the house. I don't even think my flatmate and I have 50k contents insurance, and ours is all combined. 30k between the two of us i think? but we are filthy uni students... :P

Shale said:

Third party insurance through the guys that do our house/contents and life insurance was as thus:

1) Myself as a minor driver, parents listed as main drivers. No previous traffic convictions for all three of us.

2) 3rd Party, Fire & Theft cover for maximum value of $9,999

3) Excess $500 for parents, $900 for myself (learners license...yes, I've had the car a while and learned to drive in it)

4) Premium $1600 p.a.

So it is actually more worth your time to get a WRX etc, as the premiums are approximately the same. The turbo adds little more.

Unless of course you are married etc, with a lock-up garage, and all your insurance through the same company.

Let's not forget. Four Subarus make it on the list of the top 10 most stolen vehicles in NZ. These are the Impreza WRX/STi, turbo Legacy, NON-TURBO Impreza, and NON-TURBO Legacy. These things carry similar risks to turbos.

Sorry to bring this up again...

But damn was somebody being ripped off

When I got my GT, I initially only had 3rd party, fire and theft at agreed value of 7500 :)

I was paying $400 per year for that, this was 2 years ago.

I am under 25

Male

At the time Restricted Licence

And of course Turbo

And all this is under my name too

So I am confused to how they got you to agree to that amount, unless I am missing something.