Insurance Thread 2.0

Shale

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest STiEVO
 Glen said:

I wouldn't have a clue what my insurance costs. My parents have it all included with the farm and machinery etc.

no body likes a showoff. :P

yeah i am flatting so just got my own sh!t to worry about. my car insurance is high but its also 27 k if someone steals it .i think thats why its so high can anyone verify this

arsenal69']

[quote name='Shale said:

Third party insurance through the guys that do our house/contents and life insurance was as thus:

1) Myself as a minor driver, parents listed as main drivers. No previous traffic convictions for all three of us.

2) 3rd Party, Fire & Theft cover for maximum value of $9,999

3) Excess $500 for parents, $900 for myself (learners license...yes, I've had the car a while and learned to drive in it)

4) Premium $1600 p.a.

So it is actually more worth your time to get a WRX etc, as the premiums are approximately the same. The turbo adds little more.

Unless of course you are married etc, with a lock-up garage, and all your insurance through the same company.

Let's not forget. Four Subarus make it on the list of the top 10 most stolen vehicles in NZ. These are the Impreza WRX/STi, turbo Legacy, NON-TURBO Impreza, and NON-TURBO Legacy. These things carry similar risks to turbos.

/quote]

Sorry to bring this up again...

But damn was somebody being ripped off

When I got my GT, I initially only had 3rd party, fire and theft at agreed value of 7500 :)

I was paying $400 per year for that, this was 2 years ago.

I am under 25

Male

At the time Restricted Licence

And of course Turbo

And all this is under my name too

So I am confused to how they got you to agree to that amount, unless I am missing something.

No idea how you got yours for so little :P

There was no agreeing on my behalf - I was told it was going through AMP :-\ That it was going as part of the house & contents insurance we have with them. When I did finally get a chance to shop around, prices for Imprezas were pretty much the same.

Oddly enough, should I get 3rd party on Frankie, it'd be $250 a year because she's a ratty ol' turbo Leggy (WTF). That was NAC too...they were keen to bill me for two separate policies on two separate days of the month. I can understand the two separate policies (would prefer one but meh) but aerg...never make it easy do they?

All good was like huh???

Something not right there lol

But yeah I'm on full cover now with the same people NZI and it's now 500ish per year

So I'm happy ;D

JAYZUS full cover for $500...

DON'T MOD IT :P Your insurance will double. Lol.

Back to $1600 a year with Clic now on the Impreza, but every bit is insured (ie: if someone stacks it AGAIN, the right mods will go back on). :P

Maybe it's a Leggy wagon thing :P Frank would be the same. (Value of $2k though....boooo)

HUH!!!

I'm honestly baffled at how much some of you people pay for your insurance.

Absolutley Baffled.

I'm now at 540 a year, which will be dropping to 360 when it goes into a secure parking facility in 3 weeks time.

That 540 includes 40k of contents, of which 15k is jewelry, contents is SFA of the total though. Adding 10k which we did when we got my partners jewelery valued added 3 dollars to the yearly amount lol.

Yeah the family have got a good deal too I think it's something like 600 per year for the house, contents, car etc...

I think that's pretty good deal ;D considering that it covers natural disasters :) being on cliff it comes in handy :P

Guest STiEVO
 QIK_KAS said:

Yeah i pay $1200 a year for my leggy thru AMI..

SOOOO can't wait till i'm over 25 :D

hell im 33 and i pay more than that im with ami as well

STiEVO']

[quote name='QIK_KAS said:

/quote]

haha your old :P

I'm a clean driver tho.. and my car isn't modded, and the 'extra's it has is listed :)

They only insured me because i was insured through them with my then-partner, and so they insured me by myself when it split, otherwise they said.. hellllllllllll no ;(

Guest STiEVO
 QIK_KAS']

/quote]

I'm a clean driver tho.. and my car isn't modded, and the 'extra's it has is listed :)

They only insured me because i was insured through them with my then-partner, and so they insured me by myself when it split, otherwise they said.. hellllllllllll no ;(

? im a clean driver to and my mods are also listed , whaen i was with my ex and owned the house my annual on my gtt caldina was under 600 and when i bought the my01 wrx it went up by 30 odd bucks. insurance unfortunately is a necessary evil.

STiEVO']

/quote]

? im a clean driver to and my mods are also listed , whaen i was with my ex and owned the house my annual on my gtt caldina was under 600 and when i bought the my01 wrx it went up by 30 odd bucks. insurance unfortunately is a necessary evil.

Which they know, so they can charge what they like. Just like tampons.. ahahha

I'm hoping one day that 3rd party insurance will be compulsary here.

im 18, have mods named, and have all fines mentioned, no accidents though, and i pay 1200 a year for my twin turbo legacy, with like a 600 excess. was a grand a year for my 1.6 NA levin so dont know whats going on there hahaha :P thats through NAC. i ring thm up when i get a fine, im like yeah got another speeding ticket they just go ok, thats fine. no price change nothing cant figure it out

johndoe1003 said:

im 18, have mods named, and have all fines mentioned, no accidents though, and i pay 1200 a year for my twin turbo legacy, with like a 600 excess. was a grand a year for my 1.6 NA levin so dont know whats going on there hahaha :P thats through NAC. i ring thm up when i get a fine, im like yeah got another speeding ticket they just go ok, thats fine. no price change nothing cant figure it out

You sound like a great person to be sharing the road with mate. That's a great attitude (read: sarcasm). Give it one accident and your excess and premium will go through the roof.

yes, another speeding ticket. dont judge, im sure you aint perfect, did i mention how much? no (read - 112 in a 100, was completely BS too, was slowing on an offramp when he aparently got me, im sure i was sub 100, but what can you do) my car attracts a lot of attention, and so, i do get a bit more crap from the cops. cant do much bout it though. also, think bout it. cant have that many or any high speed ones if i still got my licence and havnt lost it ever. i just like to make sure that my insurance company is aware of everything, in the event that something DOES happen

forhire said:

You sound like a great person to be sharing the road with mate. That's a great attitude (read: sarcasm). Give it one accident and your excess and premium will go through the roof.

I bet your poo don't smell.

• 2 months later...

yeah, i just did a quote and then read the about tab to find they are underwritten by tower insurance. I had my house and contents through westpac a few years ago, who also use tower. we made a claim for about 15,000 when our house got cleaned out a couple of days before christmas. we were finaly paid out in late march after paying them numerous visits.

This could of been put down to the insurance assessor though rather than the insurance company themselves as they usualy use third party assessors.

Guest keltik

Wow....its quite a bit cheaper than what i pay with State. Might have to go chat to state about this!

Full Premium: $938.96

Excess Section 1: $1,000

Theft Excess: $1,450

Compared to my $1140 premium with State