What Turbo Kit for 02 STi Spec C

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry yea meant single scroll before

Umm so basically stock v7 Sti with cat back and reflash doing 238kw

Where was this done?

I have seen some higher power ratings on few Sti by none ever managed to back it up on TP dyno (I kinda take that as a benchmark - no particular reason)

Anyway Thats seriously interesting cos a few Ppl gave a try and ran into maf over voltage around 220kw

I had to redo my Maf limits as already with hitting near peak after fmic and tweak

Please give more info steve as this setup could have things done different to the way the USA guys do things as that's what I have been using as a guideline

Still Dammm wow if Tru cos the one u mentioned is even running stock cat!!!

• Admin
 pappu said:

The link g4 will allow u to ditch the Maf

Hmm any reason other than that y u wNa go g4 and not reflash stock?

U can run stock in Sd mode and will be just like a g4 ish

Personally don't think any stock vf will get 240kwatw and not be pushing hot air even if gets there

Some Ppl claim different but not yet seen a proper dyno graph from a reputable place To say vf Wil get there

I hope to be corrected on that tho

Closed loop boost control. I don't wanna spend $1000 on a reflash and $700 on a good EBC when I could just spend $2000 and get a G4 instead.

boon']

[quote name='pappu said:

Personally don't think any stock vf will get 240kwatw and not be pushing hot air even if gets there

Some Ppl claim different but not yet seen a proper dyno graph from a reputable place To say vf Wil get there

/quote]

Closed loop boost control. I don't wanna spend $1000 on a reflash and $700 on a good EBC when I could just spend $2000 and get a G4 instead.

+1

boon - also plus the 1000-1500 for g4 tune.. or is the tune included in the 2000 g4 setup?

u can still do good closed look control in the stock ecu - need to setup like a GM 3 port solenoid and then the boost tables redone to use that

pretty much same as link boost controll setup.. thats what guys in the states are doing anyway with very good results for the cheap outlay of a solenoid..

wud be part of the reflash anyway..

does the G4 use the stock solenoid cos it will run into similar issues the stock ecu gets to with the stock one..

-

steve - stm is pretty up there i must admit...hmm anyone know this guy? thats gotta be one quick sti with bearly any mods..

last time i called stm they were saying 220kw was what they wud think was possible and with full exhaust..maybe since then they have some new trick tune with the stock maf....must find out... ;D

PS. loving to see some good numbers outa rexes tho

pappu said:

Not in the country atm, will be back in about a week. Let me know if your keen would love to put my ride on a dyno and see how much she is putting out...

NO BOS!']

[quote name='pappu said:

/quote]

Not in the country atm, will be back in about a week. Let me know if your keen would love to put my ride on a dyno and see how much she is putting out...

yea bro why not...

we should be having a club dyno day soon ay..

hmm dedication right there folks.. out of the country yet checks up on us back here..good stuff bro! :)

keen for another dyno day lol.

I think it will be a reality check for a few :D. Never know tho lol.

I agree wit TP Dyno being a good bench mark (very profesh about the runs and setup etc)

STM would be mean but yeah not in aucks lol.

As for power figures I agree thats some damn good numbers for the mods! Look at STM's recent RA-R run in the wellywood section and that managed 219.8wkw so 220 was about on the money and that isant a V7 lol. Better cams, better intake pipe, intake manifold, headers, turbo and yeah thats no stock exhaust in the dyno run clip but exact specs are un knowen...

marc said:

I agree wit TP Dyno being a good bench mark (very profesh about the runs and setup etc)

As for power figures I agree thats some damn good numbers for the mods! Look at STM's recent RA-R run in the wellywood section and that managed 219.8wkw so 220 was about on the money and that isant a V7 lol. Better cams, better intake pipe, intake manifold, headers, turbo and yeah thats no stock exhaust in the dyno run clip but exact specs are un knowen...

my point..

not being a hater as i personally love subys with hi power etc

but sometimes things dont add up..

its good to "hope" to have 240kw@w but always better to be realistic abt what it really is..

v7-10 i wud just find it hard to see much past 225atw due to damm small maf... gah why did subaru give GDB small 76mm maf when the older ones had 90mm..

>:(

pappu']

[quote name='marc said:

/quote]

my point..

not being a hater as i personally love subys with hi power etc

but sometimes things dont add up..

its good to "hope" to have 240kw@w but always better to be realistic abt what it really is..

v7-10 i wud just find it hard to see much past 225atw due to damm small maf... gah why did subaru give GDB small 76mm maf when the older ones had 90mm..

>:(

Who knows only subaru lol guess cus it wasnt needed in factory form lol.

Ive seen 236wkw form an ver8 sti on 1.4bar but more mods then just an exhaust.. not much too much more tho. FMIC, Fuel pump, rails and reg, intake pipe under mani nd thats it. STD afm and ECUTEK (once again torques dyno)

did they up the fuel pressure?

yea twin scroll do seem to push more with a few mods than the single... especially with ECUTEK.. even TP was saying ECUTEK seems to be better at it than the opensource ones for results...

interestingly.. 240kw was wat got out of sti pinks in a mates car and that was like 95% i think (link ecu tho and a bigger turby - basically well modded..)

lol but still that v8 has way more than a simple catback...

hopefully stm have indeed found a way to get some mean power out of the damm 76mm maf and ultra thin mods..

pappu said:

hahaha yea.. that too..

have not really found that dream dyno.. but in all reality kinda sticking with TP as they seem to be fairly repeatable in results and as marc said very profeshnal type setup as well (other maybe too)

you mean the ones in rosebank rd that dont take note of whats written in reports i did for the sub owner and laughed at it then second dyno pull it pooed its pants? and thats not the first time its happen did it again on my customers xr6 that made 5psi at 6k? but they said na thats normal guess what happened next.....BANG !!!!

yea great tuners and without dribbling the usual crap everyone has come to enjoy you maybe surprised how much you can learn how the car is running from the turbo and in the case of the sub meantioned you would think the oil mixed with water and silicone i found inside was a give away to whats coming but they told the customer it was my crap turbo guess they were wrong, i even sent a customer their way to get some wrok done and they bagged me to him!!!

so i had a quiet word in daves ear but appearantly it was his boss i should have guessed been working on to many fords to know how real cars work :D :D :D

but the main reason like a few out there i refuse to do work for them cant understand why ::)

vorigan']

[quote name='pappu said:

hahaha yea.. that too..

have not really found that dream dyno.. but in all reality kinda sticking with TP as they seem to be fairly repeatable in results and as marc said very profeshnal type setup as well (other maybe too)

/quote]

you mean the ones in rosebank rd that dont take note of whats written in reports i did for the sub owner and laughed at it then second dyno pull it pooed its pants? and thats not the first time its happen did it again on my customers xr6 that made 5psi at 6k? but they said na thats normal guess what happened next.....BANG !!!!

yea great tuners and without dribbling the usual crap everyone has come to enjoy you maybe surprised how much you can learn how the car is running from the turbo and in the case of the sub meantioned you would think the oil mixed with water and silicone i found inside was a give away to whats coming but they told the customer it was my crap turbo guess they were wrong, i even sent a customer their way to get some wrok done and they bagged me to him!!!

so i had a quiet word in daves ear but appearantly it was his boss i should have guessed been working on to many fords to know how real cars work :D :D :D

but the main reason like a few out there i refuse to do work for them cant understand why ::)

Fair enough!! what notes did they ignore if you dont mind me asking? about what you found in the turbo??.Thats the thing with any semi large place, its not a one man band sort of thing and when I speak for torque its only about dave himself not the others there lol, typical large ish workshop :D

vorigan said:

"Just find a dyno that makes you feel better"

This is truth. If you get into the control side of Dyno's you get to understamd how dyno parameters can be manipulate to get higher readings than whats being put out. (old trick by some workshops)

A performance shop in Rotorua dyno a mates car, then after a few beers, did some adjustments to dyno and re-ran, netted an extra 30kws.

Dynos are good to tune your car, the end output is just a number which is more wank factor than use.

In the report marc i stated the excssive raw oil and contamination pointed to an engine issue thus they told the owner i was a wanker which is 100% correct but the report was done for the owners sake not TP,s amusment, i do reports and court witness for verious people and called upon by the courts to advise thus i would have thought TP would have had a more professional attitude.

And D-Style beer goggles do wonders for many things if anyone is taking note of my crap next time read the dyno sheet TCF correction factor which should be .98-1 ive seen many with 1.10 or more which is 10% gain or magnified readout makes the owner feel good and the dyno shop legends.

If you race its done on the track or a stop watch not the dyno but if want to show how big your appendage is then hunt that dyno down.

Ok Dammm that's pretty slack of them

Wish they had paid attention to ur words so at least the car Wud have not died

U know anyone Wud want that a workshop be honest and not jerk arounds things like correction factors etc

That way things are always fairly Tru

I always believed TP was at least one of them honest places u know seeing as they really are such an old place with many customers etc

Ah well. One of the reasons I like dyno days is usually all the cars run fair game on same settings so can compare to each other

I think...... Lol

There was a evo that had big dollars spent on a 2.3 stroker went to named shop got 280kw wheel sound good?

Ah no that was crap they said it was safe and the didnt want to push it the customer wasnt happy due to the 50k spent on it went to another shop where it ended up at 430kw wheel now playing safe is one thing not knowing how to do the car justise is another now saying its a dyno thing?

I think not they need to stick to selling honda parts

vorigan said:

There was a evo that had big dollars spent on a 2.3 stroker went to named shop got 280kw wheel sound good?

Ah no that was crap they said it was safe and the didnt want to push it the customer wasnt happy due to the 50k spent on it went to another shop where it ended up at 430kw wheel now playing safe is one thing not knowing how to do the car justise is another now saying its a dyno thing?

I think not they need to stick to selling honda parts

I said that Dynos can be manipulated.

I didnt say that a given workshop had manipulated their dyno to give better results than what was happining.

I wasnt directing the comments towards that just pointing out the otherside of the coin where justise isnt always done to setups.

With whats being said here about 220-240kw seriously theres nothing in it like 10%? The list to why can go on for pages and if the biggest concern is keeping up with the jones just find that dyno thatll give that bragging rights and then go about driving your toy every day in peak hour traffic at walking pace or road legal 100kph again the track tells all.