Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What Turbo Kit for 02 STi Spec C

vorigan said:

I wasnt directing the comments towards that just pointing out the otherside of the coin where justise isnt always done to setups.

With whats being said here about 220-240kw seriously theres nothing in it like 10%? The list to why can go on for pages and if the biggest concern is keeping up with the jones just find that dyno thatll give that bragging rights and then go about driving your toy every day in peak hour traffic at walking pace or road legal 100kph again the track tells all.

Yep enough said lol. I just like the same dyno for before and after change of somthing etc.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear that a lot of the Ver7 STi gets det.. maybe theres oil in the plugs?

208kw before reflash is pretty good! comparing to others which are in the 180-190kw

o0steveo0o']

[quote name='sti8u said:

may i ask how you can tell its detonating?

/quote]

The guy at STM said he could hear it from within the car.

you can actually hear the pinging while the car running on the dyno... you just have to know what to listen to

o0steveo0o said:

Oh well, off to an Autosure approved shop on Thursday so they can take a look. Hopfully it can be sorted under the warranty...

sort what? det under 23psi? didnt think any insurance company would support a modded car like that my brother inlaw is the manager of vero he laught at that thought.

I havent done any mods to it. Since ive had it its lost some top end power, that was half the reason for putting it on the dyno. Anyway, guess ill find out on thursday as to whats up.

If you say the previous owner had it up to 230kw, then it would definitely have had some mods already done to it, and a fair whack I'd say. You say you got it from a car yard? The yard should have got the details from the previous owner as to what mods were done, that way you're not fumbling your way along, spending money in places that doesn't need to be spent. They should also have provided proof / dyno sheet of the "230kw" claim of power.

But if they / you have none of those details, then good luck to you.

had a little look through this thread - it basically proves my theory that dynos are nothing but a money making device - they cost allot of money for the company to buy - then they do whatever it takes to get ur money out of your pocket !!!

saying you ran the same car on the same dyno at a different date - even same day doesnt really mean anything as any settings could be changed at any time !! allot of companys dont even know what theyre up to with dynos !!!

1/4 mile slips - trap speeds - lap times - holding a drift - whatever you wanna do with your car - if it can do it thats so much better than a silly number a dyno tells you !!

With this detonating issue, dose it cause lasting damage like pitting pistons, stressing bearings? Has been running like this for about a month or so.

o0steveo0o said:

With this detonating issue, dose it cause lasting damage like pitting pistons, stressing bearings? Has been running like this for about a month or so.

yes it can even in a short time period sorry if i came across agro but no good dyno operator would continue any dyno run with any sign of det and i agree with those who have meantioned it stockers dont make that power without mods.

Np dude, its obviously been modded in the past but I haven't done anything to it. The warranty company and dealer didn't have a problem taking my money so they can sort it out between them self's. Im sure it will all work out and they have been more than helpful to date. Ill make sure ill get the guy on Thursday to take a good look for any damage.

which means theres probably allready damage done to it especially on 23 psi boost - STM did the run?? i didnt think they would hear det and keep running it ? and thought they would have knock link? pretty sure they tune with knock block?