• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o0steveo0o']

[quote name='vorigan said:

lets hope for the owners sake theres no damage

/quote]

Maby not a bad thing, just means rebuild which means sell computer and buy stroker kit :)

Now that's the most positive thing in this thread Hahah

Hopefully they fix whatever needs done

Do update how things go

WRXONP']

[quote name='boon said:

Even 208kw and 23psi = 'significant' mods on a V7. You don't get those numbers with a pod filter and a muffler, that's full exhaust + intake mods + fueling kinda territory.

/quote]

pappu did this without "significant" mods

My mods were exhaust with smaller restricted in muffler

Vf22

Boost tap

And fuel pump for safety

And then retuned it myself - road tune

Ended up with 210kw

More importantly power remains within like 3% of peak from approx 3800 to 7500 rpm so a very flatish power delivery which I was happy abt

Mind u I started off at 169kw somewhere with a peakish type delivery as per ur graph

Anyway I think dynos are great tools of used properly and not just tweaked to suit

Proper runs with mods laid on next run can be very good to measure mods success

AnywY thTs how I been looking at it Nd dong it so for mr the dyno has been great to sort of verify the road tunes and gains I been making

Ok. So if i go with a rebuild and want to support 270kw safely and reliably as a daily driver, should i go for:

1. Full stroker kit with forged crank or keep stock crank (re-grind) and do forged H beam rods and forged pistons?

2. Is it worth putting sleaving?

3. Dose anyone know if the stock v7 spec C crank is crossed drilled and coated?

4. Should I do head work e.g. 272 cams, double spring, new valves

Thanks guys and sorry for all the questions :P Ive googled but really want best bang for buck advice. If only I won lotto....

• Admin

A stroker kit will cost you epic, epic amounts. 270wkw is easy enough on an un-stroked block. Just get rods and pistons, cams would be nice and maybe a little bit of port work but the heads should flow ~300wkw without too much trouble as-is.

Save the money and put it into turbo and fueling, they're the things that will get you to your power goals.

funkytown said:

I have proof on v7 spec C heads, an uncammed 2.0l with the right turbo will see 270wkw.

Work out where you want your power band, what boost limit and what rev limit you want and away you go.

+1 with jon dont do a stroker the 2ltr will easily delivery that number.

pappu said:

Yep stock block will do 270 kw with the other turbo and fuel bits upgrades

Hmmm 270kw = smile on ur dial all the time ;D

is that 270 safe or 270kw pushing it?

sti8u']

[quote name='pappu said:

Yep stock block will do 270 kw with the other turbo and fuel bits upgrades

Hmmm 270kw = smile on ur dial all the time ;D

/quote]

is that 270 safe or 270kw pushing it?

he been running 270kw for an year now..

several nightwars at drags and lots of "private" road testing the top speed.. (or so i hear) lol

yep

stock v7sti short block

another mate pushing over 240kw on it current;y (limited to inj running out) but will be upgrading soon

my cuz in auz running 240 as well but his tuner says 270 is next nround of tune and the block is fine (he is in melbourne and the tuner there appreently done a few around that level on v7 block)

nice,looks like these v7 blocks are quite bullet proof to a certain point.

my next door neigbour is new to auckland and he's got a v7.

fully stock but has had a fuel pump upgrade and a remap.still running fully STOCK exhaust.this is at 225kw on 20psi boost.iv seen the slip.

to me that is a good number for a car with still a sock exhaust and only a fuel pump upgrade.!

think it was ecutek or ecu something.i will check later tonight.

it got remapd and dyno'd.

but one thing he did tell me was he can only run 98 and has to add octane booster to it lol

lucky its not his daily lol

what was it tune on if it needs octane booster?

unless u have no choice, you are a retarded hill billy if u aint running 98 in your STI.. if u cant afford extra $2-5 to top up ur tank get a farking honda! seriously i dislike people buying turbo cars and crying over gas prices, lots of my farkward asian mates are like that... just buying a souped up turbo car just to look good but drive 80km/h on the motorway so they can save a ouch of petrol...

stock STI are pretty good on gas when driving sensible on the road to be honest

duno.ithink the guys that tuned him told him the octane booster is good for it.he said he adds it to every full tank and you can defintly notice a good deiffrence.

ul be suprised how many subarus in auckland i see at shell stattion.i mean who the hell puts 95 in?

sti8u said:

duno.ithink the guys that tuned him told him the octane booster is good for it.he said he adds it to every full tank and you can defintly notice a good deiffrence.

ul be suprised how many subarus in auckland i see at shell stattion.i mean who the hell puts 95 in?

I run 95 in my gt and 25+ psi ;)

sti8u said:

think it was ecutek or ecu something.i will check later tonight.

it got remapd and dyno'd.

but one thing he did tell me was he can only run 98 and has to add octane booster to it lol

lucky its not his daily lol

yea man be interesting to find out

octane booster ..hmmm must be really pushed as octane booster never gives the same octane all the time so must be tuned to like 100 or whatever and the octane booster adds 2+ octanes at a minimum

what happenes if he forgets booster lol...