Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What is this wrx worth???

Considering buying this weapon like car and would appreciate some feedback on what you think something like this might be worth.

Following is a list of mods written by owner. Exterior wise can is in great nic and is standard apart from comes with second set of wheels with near new R888 semi slicks on em

Details of the car

NZ new MY99 Version 5 Coupe - first rego 12/98 ( 99 spec'd from factory )

Odoometer 117,000km

After reading the list of componets below - you'll know that this car was a zero expense spared build

It is my "baby" and everyone who has seen it cant stop talking about it, and those that I have taken for a ride - stop talking pretty quick :)

Engine (done less than 1000km since new - and only road use so far)

Version 8 semi closed deck block

Version 8 factory cross drilled, lightweight crankshaft

Lightweight Exedy flywheel + GFB puley kit

Balanced rotating assemly

New Eagle conrods

New CP "gasport" pistons and rings

ACL Bearings

ARP stud kit for mains/engine cases

ARP stud kit for cylinder heads

Cometic head gaskets - 0.051" thick and has compresion ratio of #.##:1 (details revealed upon change of ownership)

Ported and flowed cylinder heads, fitted with mild Kelford 26#/27# deg camshafts - degreed in to specification (again details revealed upon change of ownership)

Gates "racing cambelt" with all new belt idlers and water pump - Tomei crank guide

Phelonic 10mm intake spacers

Hi flow throttle body

New valve springs

Genuine oil seals

Factory sandwich type oil cooler and External front mounted oil cooler fitted with -10 braied hose and -10 fittings

Large anti surge sump

Dual catch cans with custon breather system- no crankcase gases re-enter the intake system !

Link G4 engine "plug in" ECU (4 months old) - set up with closed loop boost control and dual map boost - currently set up to run 1.5bar (22psi) and 1.7 (25psi)

Dyno tuned by STM 12/11 and produced 277kw (wheel) and 445 Nm (wheel) -

(see attched pic of dyno plot - note the drive ratio was incorrect by 0.9% - their error- should have been 5.11 which adds 2.4Kw and 4.0 Nm) so 280Kw and 449Nm

Hard Race - engine, gearbox and pitch mounts

Alloy raditor and full silicon hose kit fitted

All accessory bolts re plated gold

(engine was rebuilt as precuationary only - as it had done over 20 track days !)

Gearbox

Factory Sti TY754 Tarmac 5spd box that has been rebuilt in the last 5000km

At which stage all the internal components were crack tested fine and then cryo dipped to strengthen further

Factory DCCD control

New uprated factory pressure plate and factory Sti 230mm drive plate (the clutch is smooth and easy to use - does not shudder and holds all those Kw with ease !)

(reason I had this clutch made is that it is much easier to drive and easier on drivetrain components than a Puk or paddle clutch)

New release and spigot bearings

Factory rear diff - plate LSD

Fuel system

Sti intank "lift" pump

External surge tank, and external fuel pump (Bosch 044) - all fitting are -6AN, and all fuel hoses are braided teflon lined -6

Sard 850cc injectors - Currently running at 83% on high boost

Billet fuel rails

"split" fuel rail system for better fuel flow

external regulator

Power feed via rear mounted relay - giving zero voltage drop

Turbo / Exhaust system

4-1 unequal length headers - double wrapped

Custom Garret T25/ T28 flanges

Rotated (straight entry) Garret GT2871 RS turbo running 0.83AR - which allows 20psi boost to be available at just 4000rpm

Spare turbo exhaust housing 0.64AR

Aerotech trubo beannie

2/12 exhaust system (sounds superb and doesnt "drone")

Brakes

Overhauled factory 4/2 pot brake calipers

Two piece DBA front rotors with alloy top hats

Padgid blue front pads

Stainless brakelines

DBA slotted rear rotors

Ferrodo rear pads

Penrite SYN unltra hi temp brake fluid

(this car stops on a DIME ! - lap after lap after lap !! )

Suspension

Fully adjustable suspension

Dial dual gas up shocks, front and rear

Noltec front top mounts - (caster camber adjustment)

Lower arm rear bush roll centre change

Rear adjuatable toe/camber arms

Hard rubber mounts throughout entire rear suspension

Large front and rear adjustable sway bars

New front wheel bearings, and drive flanges

Chrome moly custom front strut brace

Other cool bits

Cold air box and is plumbed to actually get cold air

K&N pod filter

Massive top mount intercooler - that never goes above 38deg outlet temp

Factory 16" wheels fitted with near new Goodyear Eagle F1's (less than 2000km travelled on them )

Enkei Racing 17" wheels (super light) fitted with near new Toyo R888's semi slicks (less than 1000km travelled on them)

Rear cage MSNZ approved # bolt in type - have factory rear seats too

2x Sabelt 4 point harness's near new (less than twop years old)

Still has Air conditioning :)

Running Redline lightweight gearoil in the gearbox and heavy shockproof oil in the rear diff

Engine was run in on Castrol magnatec and is now on its 2nd change of Castrol Edge 10w60 (with only genuine oil filters at each change)

Huge Pioneer sound system with dual amps and sub

Spare LSD plate 4.11 rear diff

New locks and keys ( as one key got lost ! and I got paranoid ! )

Mongoose M80G alarm system

Triple gauge pod with "recall " type Apexi boost / oil pressure gauges, and Innovate digital wideband AFR MX1 monitor

Adjustable shift light - currently set at 6200 rpm

Exide Obrital "gel" cell battery - new power and earth cables made from 10g? cable ( about twice the size of factory)

Think really hard, you guys already know the car

I know this car well, I'm all about quality and doing things properly, I would happily pay $25K for it, but I have a feeling since the fresh rebuild it may even go as high as $30K

After almost finishing my own build to slightly better than factory standard I know how much it costs to build a car properly.

to build, certainly 30k doesn't go very far. but, that 10sec 330kw skremr car sat on trademe for ages at 18k or so, that evlra guy only managed 16k or so. but at the end of the day, it's worth what ever some is prepared to pay for it. value is in the eye of the beholder.

Have Ben in this car before an after the rebuild have even taken it out on the track on a few occasions. Most fun I've ever had on a track. This thing will not disappoint u. And the rebuild has just increased power and made it a hell of a lot of fun to be in. Before the rebuild over taking porsches etc on the track in a little subbie feels good would love to see it out there since ye build. You will enjoy if you buy it :)

Stoffa said:

Hahaha it'll NEVER go that cheap. brad sold his coupe for $20 a year ago and its way higher spec than that.

nt a foz?

Yea agree with the rest, pretty hard to get big cash. looking at under 20k imo

It'll sell for whatever someone with cash is willing to pay. Its almost always impossible to recoup the money spent on modifying cars. Case in point i remember a mint silvia that had been modified to hell and had almost 80k spent on it and was being listed on TradeMe for around 50k from memory. The second you start spending money on mods is the second you start losing money, its fun to do but unless you're planning on keeping the car for good its a HUGE waste of cash IMO ?

clintondane said:

It'll sell for whatever someone with cash is willing to pay. Its almost always impossible to recoup the money spent on modifying cars. Case in point i remember a mint silvia that had been modified to hell and had almost 80k spent on it and was being listed on TradeMe for around 50k from memory. The second you start spending money on mods is the second you start losing money, its fun to do but unless you're planning on keeping the car for good its a HUGE waste of cash IMO ?

So true, but the point I was trying to make is this car has probably had the equivilant of $80K spent on it (If he charged out his own time) so for $25K-30K its a good price.

For instance it would probably cost you $4.5K-$5K to replicate the head work alone, custom made kelfords with retainers and springs + all the porting.

This car hasn't just been thrown together its been developed and properly engineered over time.

Nobody doubts its been done right and well but stories of guys modifying cars and then wanting to sell them, taking them to a car yard and being offered lowball prices that don't take into account the mods are rife. The same is true for this car, someone might have a ton of cash burning a hole in their pocket but chances are it'll more than likely sell relatively low. Sad but true.