Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What does your car mean to you?

Car:94 wrx

Mods:fully forged closed deck,gtb heads,vf22,front mount,tbe,a/m headers,intake,bov,walbro pump,)big swaybars,strut braces,17",4pots,sounds,head/tail lights,v5 facelift front

Things u like:goes hard and looks pretty

What you dislike:my mates evo7 would still destroy it,super expensive gas bill,even worse maintenance bill

why you bought it:always thought wrxs were the meanest car when theyd rumble past me on my sk8board

What your future plans are:get the elusive expensive stuff link g4,manual conversion,flipped manifold n turbo,fixed back buckets,buy some more adjustys,and get all my pieces lying round on my lounge floor put on (full body kit 800cc sards n fuel reg)and finally beat that evo fingers crossed (shoulda just bought the evo spent way more then that now)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car: 99 legacy b4 manual

Mods: sweet f all except for the sounds and interior

Things u like: how smooth it drives, the comfy seats, minimal travel times :)

What you dislike: as usual... gas.

Why you brought it: kos it was dam gud to drive and pretty sexual

What your future plans are: minimal mods, saving for europe and all... just the small things

Car: V2 1996 Wrx Sedan

Mods: 3" cat back Xforce exhaust, lowered, V6 rear spoiler, ANZ 18" mags, High flow cat, VF22 turbo, bov, strut braces, aftermarket head/tail/bumper/indicator lights, V3 front lip, V3 bonnet/vents & C west rear caps, full thumpy sound system, pod filter (going factory soon tho) meshed front factory bumper, side caps, previous owner reakons this has had some parts from RA added and gearbox has short legs, all guages rqd oil/water/boost/tacho etc etc, earthing kit. Some parts not on car yet. Yup, its a bitsa...or mongrel - whatever way you reakon ::)

Things u like: The noisy exhaust, the rumble, the power, the look, the everything

What you dislike: the biggest is the cash drain & previous owner not knowing much of its history, the k's its done

Why you brought it: impulse buy, had never owned a Subbie before and got offered it just after I brought a Mitsi, haha Mitsi got parked in the garage and was only driven TWICE in 2 years of owning, was always out in the Subbie ;)

What your future plans are: Everything involved to hit the 500hp mark (too much to list) - once this engine fails, new paint, custom front (bumper,bonnet etc) something that no one else has done or is doing - and hopefully all before I turn 40 ;D

Car: 1994 BC5 RS

Mods: Coilovers, TD05, exhaust, pod, ECU, RA Gearbox, semi slicks and rally tyres depending on the occasion. And a rollcage.

Things u like: Grip when using semis. Going sideways in third gear despite that grip.

What you dislike: The constant battle to keep it running reliably. The never ending drama that is power steering.

Why you brought it: Came up for the right price at the right time and had the basic mods done. Ohh and it would stop me raping the GTB.

What your future plans are: Add codrivers seat, LSD front diff, decent boost controller, finish preparing it for gravel and then do some gravel sprints and maybe a regional rally or two (eventually).

Car: 98 BG5 GTB in yellow

Mods: Zerosports intake, cusco master cylinder brace, STi struts, tints, some stickier tyres and better brakes.

Things u like: The fact its quiet, especially after I get out of the other car and into it. 3rd gear 90km/hr, overtaking - all TT owners know what thats about :) The fact that I did the whole of Targa in it last year (and used nearly $1000 of fuel!) without a single problem.

What you dislike: The fact the engine ate my wallet.

Why you brought it: Wanted to get something sensible as a daily that I wouldnt thrash. Yeah, that didnt happen - one rebuild later and 4 sets of shocks and I have a thrash car again so that I will leave it alone.

What your future plans are: Quiet but better flowing exhaust, gearbox rebuild, some tougher suspension that doesnt keep dying.

Car: 1999 Ver5 STi RA/4door 555Blue

Mods: 3" Turbo back exhaust with RPS muffler, 5% Tinted windows (done myself), Toyo T1R's ($100 a corner new), P80RS headunit

Things You Like: the shiny 555 blue colour, loud az subie rumble & not being able to hear the stereo! Luv the Roof Vent & that the car only weighs 1200kg!!

What You Dislike: DCCD catching you offguard & sliding on new tires to put the sh*ts up ya randomly :) -needs a 6spd oh & bstards at supermarkets that open their doors against mine! >:(

Why You Bought It: thought why not jus get an STi instead of modding my clappd out Subbie BG Wagon into one-Stock az for 10K cash down in Chch with 10k's on the new engine=grab ya bags hun we doing a road trip! :D

What Your Future Plans Are:Either new o2 sensor & AFM or a 2nd hand Link or aftermarket ecu etc, coilovers or new shock setup, front mount IC/piping, finish my front sound stage or quieten the exhaust-prolly sell it soon tho, mrs thinks i luv my car more than her :o:D ;D

Car: 1996 Subaru Legacy GTB wagon (BG5B)

Mods: VF36 single turbo, LinkPlus, rebuilt and forged engine, parallel fuel rails, STI tmic

Things You Like: Power. Looks and sounds stock till the turbo spools. Quick spooling turbo. The sound of the turbo. Smooth and comfortable to drive, but handles damn well around corners.

What You Dislike: The paint on the front being chipped to hell. Next lot of mods going to cost a bit to do. Forgies smoke on cold start.

Why You Bought It: Was very cheap, and was exactly what i was looking for at the time (single turbo legacy)

What Your Future Plans Are: front mount, exhaust, dyno tune, front respray, lower.

Car: 1989 BC5 RS (From the first few months of production ;) )

Mods: Strong bottom end and half decent heads, Possumlink, Profec B, 50mm Tein Coilovers, Custom Rear Toe Arms, Intank Anti-surge preventerer + Walbro, Noltec everywhere, 3" Exhaust thats now mostly resonators, TD05, Anti-lift spacers, "custom" camber slots (decent alignment and corner weighting is the key), removed alot of sound deadening + some of the carpet etc, STI gearbox, GTB Brakes.

Things u like: Its like a big go-kart that I can bring friends along for the ride, its reasonably reliable for what it is, makes people jealous when I beat them at trackdays haha.

What you dislike: The fact that everyone thinks I'm a boyracer. Just cause I drive a dodgy looking RS and live in ChCh doesn't mean you can stereotype me! :P Girls are the worst for having these preconceptions.

The noisyness and harshness when driving round town is also getting to me.

Why you brought it: I always wanted a Black RS, then after I spent too much time and money after blowing it up a few times, its no longer worth selling it. Unless someone wants to make a realistic offer ;)

What your future plans are: Nearly new 5-speed with transmission cooler, oil cooler, then have plans under way for a freshen up of the motor i.e. new heads, turbo, extractors, sump, injectors and by this stage I'll most likely be stripping it and putting a cage in.

Car: 2001 GTB

Mods: CD stacker, tints, exhaust, parallel turbo conversion (awesome), boost gauge, roof racks, sti pedals and a few other surprises

Things u like: Feeling of control, big carrying capacity, the speed... What other car can you buy that has this much style, a big boot, roof racks, is newer than '02, equally as fast and costs less than 30K?

What you dislike: 1. Impractical - so low to ground, skirts+bumper get stone chips, 2. High running costs, 3. Insurance costs, 4. Risk of being stolen, 5. Hard to park. BUT It's all worth it!

Why you brought it: Looks great, safe to crash in, more of a "mans" car than my old WRX.

What your future plans are: Frequent washing & polishing, high level of service

Car: 97 wrx sedan

Mods: vf22, front mount, 3' full exhaust, s/low kings, 17s, clear lights, sounds

Things u like: its not a mitsi hahaha,...power on demand

What you dislike: non sti model, guys at local servo know me by name haha

Why you brought it: im 3rd nz owner, got cheap as, had blown sti motor when purchased bonus goodies, was bog standard built it up to my preference

What your future plans are:[/b]finally fit yellows, possible EWG, tune to suit mods

Scooter: :D 1963 FHI Victa Rabbit S102 Model ;D ( actually 1960 Model not assembled till 1963 )

Mods: None lol

Things You Like: Well its built by Fuji, Very Rare, Will Be Cheap to Run and to do up, . Cheap Rego

What You Dislike: Needs time to be spent on it, need pull strip down and almost full restoration. ( Just Really Time Consuming )

Why You Bought It: Odd Ball, Rare, Made by Fuji, Cheap to run, Cheap Rego, Considered at the time to be very up there as quaity goes. ellectric Start

What Your Future Plans Are: Full Restore.. Hopefully engine should be fine just give it a degrease, Nice new paint, Fibre Glass Work, use it for rides on fine days etc.

Car: 1991 Series 2 BC5 RS type RA

Mods: MSE IHI VF8, Tein superstreets, Whiteline ALK/22mm Rear swaybar/HD links,Bosch HEC coils,Walbro,4pot brakes,Goodridge braided lines, 3" Exhaust (108.9db), Eprom upgrade.

Things u like: Its rare and a BC5, Has motorsport pedigree and hits way above it's weight.

What you dislike: People want to steal it and i can't catch them, I shouldn't really modify it....

Why you brought it: Above ALL other Subarus i've wanted this model.

What your future plans are: Eventual full restoration and recondition of OE running gear.

Car: 1996 BG5 GTB

Mods: EZ30R, Split Fuel Rails, Link G3 Plus, Stainless tuned length headers, carbon fibre airbox (because i REALLY needed a carbon fibre one)

Things u like: It makes the noise god would make when hes finishing off after having sex with rosie o'donald. Plus its nice and practical for carrying my DH rig. And the fact i can tell people im running 1 bar of boost absolute and not to many people know what the fark im talking about.

What you dislike: That it attracts way to much attention from chumps, and the amount of people that that ask me dumb questions about it.

Why you brought it: A better question is why wouldnt you

What your future plans are: Hair dryer and move the motor into a BC5-R. I want enough power to decimate all :P

Car: 1993 Gen1 Legacy Facelift Wagon

Mods: Professional RWD Conversion, TDO5, Siamese downpipe-2 1/2inch exhaust, Frontmount Intercooler and piping, Turbosmart BOV, Boost Controller, Fat Tank Intake Setup with HKS poddy, JIC Coilovers, front and rear strut braces, GTB 294mm front rotors and calipers conversion, 18inch Advantis on Toyos, Heavy Duty Clutch, Full silicon radiator/vaccum hoses etc, Remove Air-con, WRX Ra Ecu

Things You Like: I just love subys full stop! love the rumble, love the torque, love my rwd setup!

Things You Dislike:ummmmm.....the gas it just seems to eat, BEB failure (grrrr! new engine sitting in my garage atm)

Why You Bought It: Had a gen1 facelift about 6 years ago and sold it, wish I never did so this came up and i had to have it!

What Your Future Plans Are: Full kit, shaved, respray in candy apple dark red, split fuel rail and yellows, aftermarket ECU, Full rebuit engine with V3 heads, twisted turbo etc (going to use the blown engine for this when I get it out) Maybe do some retrimming on the interior If I go all out on it

Car: 1990 Legacy RS-RA/GT frankenstein AKA "Highcliff Express Mk II"

Mods: Lots of stuff.

Things u like: That there are some things on it that work.

What you dislike: That there are lots of things on it that don't work, which means I can't give a proper name just yet.

Why you brought it: It seemed like a good idea at the time.

What your future plans are:

Functional wipers

Functional brake lights

Functional indicators

Functional heating

Functional speedometer

Bung up the floor drainage holes

Put in carpet to keep GF happy

Find and fit proper seatbelts

Wire in and MIGHT keep the electric drivers seat

Put in the front passenger seat to keep GF happy

Find and fit rear seat to keep GF happy

Replace AWIC pump to keep ME happy

Drill and tap DP for EGT sensor

Run that ECU I got off davebro many, many moons ago

Reregistration/WOF/new VIN plate to keep the government happy

4pot fronts

15" wheels with an interesting offset to fit the 4pots

N/A bonnet to fool the thieves

Rear strutbrace

Rear swaybar

Front swaybar

V3 heads

STi front seats

Any more? Yeah probably.

Car: 1996 Legacy TS-R BG5

Mods: 17'' GTB alloys, facelift projector headlights, STI stainless muffler

Things u like: Lots of features for the $$, AWD,Looks just like a GTB, HEAPS of space for MTB etc

What you dislike: its rather heavy

Why you brought it: I love subarus, wanted a sporty N/A wagon.. The choice was easy

What your future plans are: Sell it and buy a turbo leggy! If not.... Tinted windows, more exhaust upgrades

Car: 2000 Legacy Blitzen

Mods: STi front strut brace, GFB BOV

Things u like: Goes like stink, looks great when its clean, Blitzen spoiler, bumper and wheels, and that x factor thing it posses.... when you walk out to it in the morning or after work and you look at it and it makes you smile and say, yeah! Thats mine ;D

What you dislike: Hard work keeping cleaning, turning circle, fuel economy, fragility of the front bumper.

Why you brought it: Blitzens aren't as common as other B4's, I love cars and always wanted a fast set of wheels. Plus I just hate work and needed motivation for my pay to go somewhere.

What your future plans are: Boost gauge, better head unit (maybe DVD??). Otherwise stock is best... I'll do my best to keep the power close to what it was off the factory floor.

Car: 1997 legacy rsb

Mods: front strut brace, GFB BOV, Z/S sequential controller, Z/S intake pipe, V8 sti bonnet scoop, tints, clear side repeaters, diff back exhaust

Things u like: Goes pretty good, looks good and can load it up with stuff and it still moves

What you dislike: keeping it clean and small scratches and dents and its current ride height

Why you brought it: was bored on trademe saw it and went and had a look and that was it

What your future plans are: new headunit at some stage maybe lower it maybe do the rest of exhaust

• 3 months later...
Guest 1990_RS

Car:1991 Subaru Legacy Facelift

Mods:Fujusturbo ehaust system, 17" oz racing wheels lowered on king springs S/L, WRX STI turbo, RacePro blaster II BOV, full momo interror

Things u like:The sound and exhaust tipps

What you dislike:The paint work.

Why you brought it:I've always liked Subarus and it was an offer I couldn't turn down

What your future plans are: Ebony black paint job, Changing to forged pistons and trumpet BOV

Guest Dazza

Car: 1996 WRX STI Version 3 (Wagon)

Mods: None (Unless a STI Boost Gauge is counted)

Things u like: The amazing STI Performance, Handling and Looks!!

What you dislike: The few stone chips.

Why you brought it: Big Subaru fan have been wanting a STI ever since I could remember.

What your future plans are: Some really really good tyres to improve the handling a little. Oh and some decent speakers just put in a Panasonic Head Unit.

What it actually means to me its a fantastic car to be honest couldn't ask for anything better to be honest. ;D

Car: 1992 legacy rs

Mods:

Things u like: tidy body, nice black exterior and interior, were the coolest cars around when i got my licence

What you dislike: heater is bypassed atm, cel #24, rear spoiler is ugly, ugly looking/sounding silencer welded into the exhaust since recent wof

Why you brought it: got from caryard with 149k 4 years ago completely stock. wanted a reliable awd turbo

What your future plans are: buy an rs-ra and sell the rs

Car: 1993 V1 wrx GF8

Mods: full V6 sti facelift upgrade( bonnet/lights/grill) ,ZeroSports adjustible front kit(removed for painting) ,Charge Speed sideskirts(removed for painting) ,sti end caps, Personalised plates(SMOKN4) , pioneer head unit(ipod AUX input) ,Xplode 6 x 9's ,pioneer 8' mid range ,1400w amp ,2 - 1/2' auto gauge boost gauge, 3 - 3/4' (smoke series) auto gauge boost gauge with warning/over boost light, incabin adjustible boost controller,pod filter,custom intake, earthing kit,relocated oil filler cap,full racepro front mount intercooler set up(painted FLAT black),18' chrome RTG's 215/35/18(removed for tyre change), GFB stealth FX BOV fully adjustible from stealth mode to full blast mode,1 coby with 6' chrome muffler with 4' tip (with removable silencer), green neons with in car switch, prob more but cant remember.

Things u like: the subaru ROARRRRRRRRRRRR! response/power

What you dislike: the fact that its a wagon, not a sti

Why you brought it: didnt buy it, scored it in a deal involving skylines and a ps3, but always wanted a wrx

What your future plans are: finish painting front kit,sideskirts, get some c-west end caps and a sti top hatch spoiler, tints, full angel eyes set up, 3' exhaust from turbo back, td05 or vf22, full sti spec upgrade

(ecu/yellows/orange),flipped manifold,lower/upgrade suspension , customise intake from pod to turbo, full sti interior maybe some other stuff then a respray in an uncommon colour unsure what the colour yet...

Car: 1996 Subaru Legacy RS-B

Mods: Cusco adjustable suspension, HKS silent high power exhaust, 3 inch system Gbox-back, decat, strut brace, advan RG wheels, racepro bov, boost tap (never turned up), front mount intercooler, power steering oil cooler, nolethane bushes

Things u like: looks mean, got heapsa torque, gets people looking, the amount of nice comments people say bout it, the space, white on white JDM goodness :D

What you dislike: bitch to keep clean, bumper always gets nailed on driveways, pulls cops better than it pulls hoes, not the best on gas, VOD, frontmount lag/pressure loss

Why you brought it: caught my eye, didnt look like any other RS-B id seen, was a really good price, needed a car and wanted turbo. i got 2 :D

What your future plans are: single turbo and/or STI motor conversion, sti front seats, maybe blue pearl the white paint, LSD rear diff

Guest STiEVO

03 sti

not enough

it hasnt run a big end bearing

its going to run a big end bearing

it hadnt run a big end bearing

rebuild it after its run a big end bearing

Car: 1994 BG5A GT Wagon

Mods: Ohlins Shocks with RSR springs, front and rear strut braces, slowly fitting nolathane all round, Racebro BOV, V3 STI Intercooler, Zerosports Radiator cooling panel, ECU with copy of mines chip?, 3"diff back, 17" GT-B alloys

Things u like: how it looks, the sound, all wheel drive

What you dislike: When you change down to 4th to pass someone and hit VOD.....

Why you brought it: It was tidy and had been well looked after and had low k's for its age.... and it didn't have a EJ20R

What your future plans are: 2.5" downpipes and 2.5" through to 4" tip, split fuel rail mod, Zerosports sequential controller, alloy airbox, more silicon hose, ver 10 STI seats, panel & paint, 4 pots, .....