Top Posters In This Topic

100_0768.jpg

100_0769.jpg

100_0770.jpg

100_0771.jpg

100_0772.jpg

100_0773.jpg

100_0774.jpg

What i want to know is.... What happens when you're going for a boost on a wet night, and hit a puddle... A bucket of water onto a hot turbo... fun!

Never the less, it's a damn cool setup, and should lend to FMIC's really well.

Ooooo.. i also see they have gone back to the BOV's like you find on the V3's and 4's... i like those BOV's :D

Guest boostin
 ReubenH said:

What i want to know is.... What happens when you're going for a boost on a wet night, and hit a puddle... A bucket of water onto a hot turbo... fun!

Did you not notice all the plastic and steel shields??

Murpheys law, there's going be a big enough puddle eventually.

On big puddles... I saw a thready on nasioc a while ago, some guy had a cold air intake where the foglight goes on a Ver8, hit a huge puddle, and promptly hydraulic'd his engine... fun times.

JoKer said:

One or two at Palmfields Palmy too apparently

Had a quick peek, a so-called World Premiere model, bit like some consumer Early Adoption Programs.

:P

2.5L, CVT.

Full launch in September.

If anything uglier in the metal than in photos.

Like the latest Imprezas, the new Legacy is very Korean looking (like a Holden Cruze) with typically crap Subaru interior.

This magazine seemed to like it though...

:D

http://www.gaywheels.com/2010_subaru_legacy.htm

Guest keltik

Went to palmfields to molest it a little and holy **** thats one ugly bitch.

Didnt even want to drive it as the prospect of CVT and non turbo 2.5 does not get my juices going.

However i REALLY like the new dials

• 1 month later...
Guest boostin

So I was on the new model training out at Subaru NZ this week. Some trick new features like auto wipers and headlights, electric (and semi-automatic) parking brake, keyless and remoteless entry and start.

There's 2 new transmissions. A CVT, very bulky so the trans tunnel has been reshaped. We got to strip down and rebuild a CVT twice. Actually very simple inside. The 2nd is a new 6MT, based around the old 5MT. New mounting points and cable shift, so no retrofit to older models. We stripped down and rebuilt the 6MT too. The engine now mounts to the crossmember at the middle front, under the snout of the crank and ties back to the trans. The trans then has an outrigger on each side and the standard rear mount. This is to allow the engine to collapse back under the cabin in a frontal. Engines will be easy to get out, clutches etc however will be a bitch.

Mega amounts of legroom in the rear, and plenty of front seat adjustment also. The CVT is really nice to drive. once the torque converter is locked up its a solid mechanical connection between the engine and the wheels, so no losses like a standard auto.

• 1 month later...
 boostin said:

So I was on the new model training out at Subaru NZ this week.

The 2nd is a new 6MT, based around the old 5MT. New mounting points and cable shift, so no retrofit to older models. We stripped down and rebuilt the 6MT too. The engine now mounts to the crossmember at the middle front, under the snout of the crank and ties back to the trans. The trans then has an outrigger on each side and the standard rear mount. This is to allow the engine to collapse back under the cabin in a frontal. Engines will be easy to get out, clutches etc however will be a bitch.

Ive got a couple of questions about this..

Would a earler EJ20 still bolt up to this new transmission?

Being this transmission is based on the 5 speed would it mean the gearbox would not be as stong as the earlyer 6speeds?

and is the V11 WRX STis still have the older type 6speed or are they also fitted with the new 6speed thats in this new shape legacy?

Guest boostin
 Old Skool Subbie']

[quote name='boostin said:

So I was on the new model training out at Subaru NZ this week.

The 2nd is a new 6MT, based around the old 5MT. New mounting points and cable shift, so no retrofit to older models. We stripped down and rebuilt the 6MT too. The engine now mounts to the crossmember at the middle front, under the snout of the crank and ties back to the trans. The trans then has an outrigger on each side and the standard rear mount. This is to allow the engine to collapse back under the cabin in a frontal. Engines will be easy to get out, clutches etc however will be a bitch.

/quote]

Ive got a couple of questions about this..

Would a earler EJ20 still bolt up to this new transmission?

It will bolt up but the trans won't fit your mounts and the shift mechanism is now cable instead of rod.

Being this transmission is based on the 5 speed would it mean the gearbox would not be as stong as the earlyer 6speeds?

Correct. It will be the same strength as the existing 5 speed.

and is the V11 WRX STis still have the older type 6speed or are they also fitted with the new 6speed thats in this new shape legacy?

STI's get the "good" 6 speed AFAIK, not this one.

just read a motoring article in the herald from today or yesteday..

it says the new turbo setup and placement increases throttle response..

hows that so when its got massive long piping compared to a regular tmic from earlier subarus...I dont get how it can be improved by putting longer piping lol..

and htere was something else it said i was like wtf i cant remember now

Exactly. Kind of.

Also the current/old setup was pretty shit. The factoy up pipe was designed poorly and didn't have a much of a good flow.

Guest boostin

Look at all turbo setups. Subaru is the only one with the turbo miles away from the exhaust ports.

The closer the turbo is to the ports the more heat energy is available to drive it.