• Raised $0.00

Rebuild Options... - Opinions

scooby-wrx

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no actual knowledge re vf whatever\'s

But it\'s not like the evo td05s which everyone figured maxed out at 20psi or whatever, till peeps started pulling the string and winding 30... 35... 40 psi into the things on stock blocks & e85 just to see what happened is it?

Fast happened btw

Even if it was superheated air, if for arguments sake you had intercooling doing a good enough job to keep inlet temp down - whatever works I guess?

Unless it grenades itself and goes through the motor, that\'s not so ideal Neil

boon said:

It\'s like, beyond the maximum shaft speed for a VF37. Unless its been worked or its not a VF37, or the dyno was fibbing. A VF compressor cannot flow that much air.

+1 do not believe a stock VF series could get anywhere near that sort of power. Also 32psi. wowzers......

Not saying he is lieing, just that must have been a modded VF"series" turbo

I am sure Steve Murch could murchify a VF to 280kw easy enough tho

Not to upset yous but certain vfs will support 250kw a vf22 was used in s5 wrc cars and group n the vf34 and vf 36 are all used in group n with restrictor and factory injectors and factory top mount all producing 250kw a vf 30 will also to 250kw my car 235kw on a vf37 at 18psi factory v8 engine, it all comes down to the tuner. Also proven that you can support 285kw on a ftmic but hey what would i know.

bhavin said:

Hi guys this is the first time im using this site to post somthing so if i have done it wrong then im sorry about it.

Anyways im posting this as i need a new engine for my v7 sti i have managed to blow the bottom end. Any ideas on where i could get this done in the wellington area and what id be looking to spend?

Also whats a good turbo to put on the car as im thinking to change it. Vf22?? Or a aftermarket.

I would like to know my options as id like to get some good power out of it over the 250kw i hope. And what i would need to do to get this.

Thank you guys for your help.

Ahhh, think you to get in contact with Rick in Wellington , well known for building reliable high power Subaru engines

He can run you through and sort a set up - ie pumps, injectors, turbos, cams, forging to suit ya needs

There are a select few around here that are running his builds - just ask around

With proven results on the demanding STM dyno for numerous cars -

Factry injectors on a v7_9 will be 565 and if it\'s running 250kwatw what AFR is it running?

I ran out of injectors at 235kwatw at a safe 11.1afr that\'s 565cc injectors

Also the stock intercooler and 250kwatw would be a stretch for a normal road car

One big boost after stopping at a set of lights will get big det especially asking 250kwatw on a summers day

There has had to be something different than stock on ther cars u mentioned earlier

Also to ge 250kwatw on a vf30/22/34/37/36 what sort of boost was it running

What fuel?

Stock Ecu?

Tbh I agree with boon Abt a vf being a bi outta it\'s game

But m very interested in knowing how it was done I it was done that\'s all

I can argue this all day, but can\'t be bothered as I\'ve seen the dyno sheet, been in the car and know what’s been done to it and its still going strong on a VF37 on 32 PSI 280KW as stated earlier. The injectors are stock, but have been flowed, IC is FM, Walbro fuel pump, FPR, G4 etc etc...

Anyway, back on topic...

3rd and 4th RA gears arriving on Friday - only cost 750 (through Subaru) which I thought was pretty reasonable considering they\'re ex Japan.

Hope to get the car back within two weeks (if all goes to plan...) ::)

My stock v8 was 230kw at 18psi on factory top mount, i then built the 2.5 which was 285kw on factory tmic 22psi. All the group N cars run factory internals injector tmic etc. The vf22 was used in wrc etc group N all run factory turbos ie 34,36 all 250kw running afrs of 12.5 and restrictors as i said all comes down to tuner.

scooby-wrx said:

I can argue this all day, but can\'t be bothered as I\'ve seen the dyno sheet, been in the car and know what’s been done to it and its still going strong on a VF37 on 32 PSI 280KW as stated earlier. The injectors are stock, but have been flowed, IC is FM, Walbro fuel pump, FPR, G4 etc etc...

Anyway, back on topic...

3rd and 4th RA gears arriving on Friday - only cost 750 (through Subaru) which I thought was pretty reasonable considering they\'re ex Japan.

Agree man i have seen it done for many years but not the point of thread.

F.F.Sltd']

[quote name='scooby-wrx said:

I can argue this all day, but can\'t be bothered as I\'ve seen the dyno sheet, been in the car and know what’s been done to it and its still going strong on a b]VF37[/b] on 32 PSI 280KW as stated earlier. The injectors are stock, but have been flowed, IC is FM, Walbro fuel pump, FPR, G4 etc etc...

Anyway, back on topic...

Agree man i have seen it done for many years but not the point of thread.

Can someone split this off into a thread where it is the point?

Yea thread split is a good idea

And nooo was not arguing

Just very interested in how these claims happen cos everyone can learn a thing of two new from threads like this

Scooby Wrx - Anyway yea ok so they were not stock injectors on v8 - that\'s what I thought

At 280kw no wonder it felt so fast!!

What dyno was it at wud u know?

It\'s good to hear Abt such fast subys

Ps. That was a good price on the gearset bro

Ffsltd - just to get it right were u using a stock vf on a stock tmic And a 2.5 litte block and ran 285kwatw? Or did I misread something

Wud be awsum If that was the case

SPOON Was not directed at you, just all the know it all\'s...

The V8 STI with 280KW has the following mods:

- FMIC - Front Mount IC

- VF37 (factory turbo)

- Factory Pink 565cc Injectors - Flowed to either 800 or 1000 (can\'t quite remember)

- Intake kit which locates the pod filter down in the front bumper (APS I think)

- Link G4 - tuned at Dtech over a week (very extensive tuning) I think this was prior to their hub dyno so would have been on Dyno Power dyno

- Walbro Fuel pump (500HP)

- Sard Fuel Pressure Reg.

And thats it engine wise. I\'ll try get a copy of the Dyno sheet, but can\'t make any promises.

scooby-wrx said:

- Link G4 - tuned at Dtech over a week (very extensive tuning) I think this was prior to their hub dyno so would have been on Dyno Power dyno

Hey Mark, just wanted to say there may be a wee bit of confusion going on as Dave/Dtech did not tune Hamish\'s car. Dyno Power most likely did the whole job on that one.

Hey mate, thanks for clearing that up. He told me last week Dave tuned it... Must have been Dyno Power as you would oviously know. I\'m going past tomorrow so will ask H. again. I\'ll try get a copy or a least a pic of the Dyno sheet to prove the figures I\'ve mentioned.

Been offered an R32 GTR with 200 000km\'s - which is a bit much but its all been reconditioned etc... just waiting on receipts and details. Its exactly what I\'d want in a GTR so am very tempted... Just bad timing as my gears arrived yesterday so should have my car up and running fairly soon... :-\

8793655842_f65907c555_o.jpg

8793655536_1a00492518_o.jpg

8793654192_13bf4c95ee_o.jpg

Still waiting on this info, all he\'s told me at this stage is that it has a bolt on HKS exhaust, stock turbo setup running 12psi and that everything has been reconditioned (engine wise) so I really need to know what as I don\'t want to trade then end up spending 10k on an engine rebuild... I love my car, but have always wanted a GTR.. M...

• 1 month later...

Finally making some progress... Box is back together with new gears etc... Had some pink bits fitted and snapped a quick pic of the new Exedy Clutch.

9235228144_114a279d41_o.jpg

9232447097_2ff8e9c31c_o.jpg

9232447007_1424b35010_o.jpg

I\'m still waiting on the dyno sheet I was promised ages ago... (for my mechanics V8 STI) its actually back at his workshop for a rebuild (hasn\'t even done 100 00km\'s!) Before all of you say told you so... The new owner tried to run it on 91!

• 2 weeks later...

Car\'s finally getting tuned today - I\'m just about to pick it up to take it to BP for some fresh 98 (considering the small amount in the car is 18 months old...) Can\'t wait to see the results! Will update this thread as soon as I know. :o

Thanks, finally getting somewhere...

Had a call from the tuner on Saturday to let me know some bad news...

He put it on his dyno to run it on Friday and noticed a rattling noise (my heart sank as first thing I though was blown bottom end...) turned out my mechanic had left the drivers side front axle nut off which has consequently damaged the axle, bearing, hub and possibly more...! :\'(

Unfortunately the tuner can\'t do anything until this has been repaired... Very annoying, its just one thing after another! The car is getting towed back to original mechanic today, so the wait continues...