Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Fucking fuck fuck I'm fucked off!

clintondane

Ok, so our car was munted by Southern Motor Court a couple months ago. We finally picked it up on Friday evening and almost immediately had issues. They are as follows (so far) :

The boot release latch doesn't open the boot anymore.

The boot doesn't close properly.

The keyhole for the boot is loose/rattly.

The light inside the boot has been removed (why?) and as such doesn't work.

One of the panels that was painted was done so badly it'll need redone.

The tiptronic gearbox is doing weird things, misses 3'rd gear sometimes on up/down shift.

The alarm is fucked, it goes off for no reason and worst of all it immobilises the car at will and leaves me unable to start the car or even lock it.

All in all I'm super pissed off and taking it to SMC at lunchtime tomorrow and I'm gonna go fucking medieval! They can give me a decent loan car, not a bloody Maxima, and fix our car to make sure I get it back in the same condition I gave it to them in originally. If they have issues I'm heading down the FairGo road and possibly small claims.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO THEM, E V E R !

FWD BUT 6cyl comfy roomy car... I could get wheels spinning in wet quite easily so yea grunty... Tows a trailer piece of cake... Not off the mark quick or a performance car but not a bad loan car. Last loan car I got was a mazda familiar hatch like 1990 now thats a POS for ya.

Oh yea I remember his post now. It sucks you are having trouble with them still! Sounds like they've done it on the cheap

Yeah they will be, technically the only authorized Subaru "repairer" in Dunedin too.

Sadly your case isn't the only one I've heard about come out of there either. Bit of a shame really. You'd expect your "trusted" repairer to give your motor vehicle the same respect you give it.

There's a bit more to getting into the MTA than just that, I know a couple workshops that cannot become MTA assured for love nor money and they are a damn sight better than some of the MTA assured one in this area.

I would most definatly lodge a claim with MTA with whats happend, as it's definatly not on and they will do all the ground work for you. In theory you'll get your car back in a much better condition, and more than likely they will lose there MTA membership.

Sometimes even threatening to take it to MTA will work (been down that track with a car yard before and was well and truely compensated). Garages will do everything they can to keep there MTA membership as it means they can do warrenty repairs/and alot of companys won't take there cars to non-MTA assured garages.

I spoke with Ken Cummings this evening via cellphone and he seems receptive enough? He's gonna speak to mechanics etc.tomorrow to see what the deal might be and what can be done to rectify the issues the car is having ever since they crashed it. Told him that the mechanics woulda

all claim the same thing, it was pranged ay walking speed and no other damage could have been caused. Suggested to him we meet in person but wouldn't be surprised if he declined that offer. On a side note I recoreded the dash doing weird things, not engaging tiptronic mode at all, as well as missing 3rd gear, being an intermittent fault I felt I had to, just to prove I'm not lying about it. If all else fails I'm gonna go the way of MTA, nd very possibly court/disputes tribunal.

Spoken with Bodyline Collision and after they saw the car the other day they agree the job is shoddy. As for SMC, I'm taking the car to them on Monday and they're gonna look it over and in their words, "If the damage wasn't caused by us we won't be paying for it"

My respone, "That's cool, I know the car was in good order when I gave it to you, I've already called the MTA mediator and if you really wanna go the full hog I'll see you in court. I assure you that you don't want that, think about it, what judge wouldn't find in our favour and against you based on the story thus far"

LOL.

Will kep you guys updated.

clintondane said:

Spoken with Bodyline Collision and after they saw the car the other day they agree the job is shoddy. As for SMC, I'm taking the car to them on Monday and they're gonna look it over and in their words, "If the damage wasn't caused by us we won't be paying for it"

My respone, "That's cool, I know the car was in good order when I gave it to you, I've already called the MTA mediator and if you really wanna go the full hog I'll see you in court. I assure you that you don't want that, think about it, what judge wouldn't find in our favour and against you based on the story thus far"

LOL.

Will kep you guys updated.

Good luck bro!! go get the cunt