Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

can carjam get it wrong?

Pappu1

Maybe someones swapped or "borrowed" some plates to do some sweet petrol driveoffs

*555 if it seems dodgy - I called it a few weeks back for a car which looked parked a bit weird, turns out it actually was "of interest" and I had just made someones day

B-MAGIC said:

also carjam are not upto date these days, most times ive checked my cars and sometimes it says that rego and wof are expired when their not. :-\

Thats coz you can only see the last report that was bought for the vehicle...

If the plate doesnt match the car its trouble. Even if its a dead plate it will tell you the new plate or give dets.

the plate says its a auto wagon when the car is a manual sedan

big difference to be having wrong for carjam

seen it rolling round my area for the last month or so only..kinda appeared all of a sudden lol

(not that thats strange)

u want the plate?

had a similar goings on . car was a r31 skyline and was dressed as a gts-r. checked the rego on car jam and it stated its was indeed a gts-r , however i phoned the car yard selling it and he explained they imported it thinking it was genuine only to discover it was indeed a dressed up gtx skyline although it was done by nissan to rid some surplus gts-r pieces before the r32. Much like the jdm wrx with the vf22 and yellows (i think from memory ? )

carjam doesn\'t make mistakes, it just spits out what\'s in the system. the idiots that comply and register cars make mistakes though. both of my cars have several mistakes in the system and most of the other cars i\'ve owned have had some sort of retarded thing on them

i.e, they listed my pontiac with a 5.7l engine instead of 6.4l, they wrote down the miles as 640,000 instead of 64,000, they registered my wrx as an sti and it\'s not, one of my previous truenos was a levin, even my mum\'s 3.6L holden was listed as the previous year\'s 3.8 model. the guys that do it all are complete morons. not that i imagine that is what has happened in this case

sultan said:

carjam doesn\'t make mistakes, it just spits out what\'s in the system. the idiots that comply and register cars make mistakes though. both of my cars have several mistakes in the system and most of the other cars i\'ve owned have had some sort of retarded thing on them

i.e, they listed my pontiac with a 5.7l engine instead of 6.4l, they wrote down the miles as 640,000 instead of 64,000, they registered my wrx as an sti and it\'s not, one of my previous truenos was a levin, even my mum\'s 3.6L holden was listed as the previous year\'s 3.8 model. the guys that do it all are complete morons. not that i imagine that is what has happened in this case

+1 youre dead right.

Good score with the non sti sti though.

lol that dude would of had an auto wagon blown up in his back yard or something, and used plates/tags off it

you can change the engine, gearbox/transmission and also the registered colour status at a post office(i think), but wagons dont usually turn into sedans

My outback is registered as a Subaru Legacy Outback.

When I called about insurance they checked carjam. They quoted it as a legacy. I ended up going in to get them to change the insurance quote to an outback which is actually cheaper to insure then a legacy.

astrae said:

When I called about insurance they checked carjam. They quoted it as a legacy. I ended up going in to get them to change the insurance quote to an outback which is actually cheaper to insure then a legacy.

no shit.. who woulda thunk it lol i should check that out.

funkytown']

[quote name='astrae said:

/quote]

no s***.. who woulda thunk it lol i should check that out.

Got the registration details today. "Subaru Legacy" Nothing about being an outback... Wonder who registered it like that.