Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Failed WOF

loganrasti

Took my v3 sti ra for a warrent today and it failed on "no verification for turbo" i was like What?? he said it had happened to guy he has done before and he had some paperwork saying it was factory turbo. He said there should be a "T" after the EJ20 and i said none of them are like that, he then said well i cant give you a warrent until i have paperwork or something proving it is a factory turbo vehicle. any ideas where i can get some proof guys???

lol just go else where for your warrant.. obviously person has not a bothering clue.

the applied model code and the tag stating GC8-D... means ints a v3, and the 8 in gc8 is turbo if my memory serves me correctly.

Also the ej20k on the plate is a v3 sti turbo motor... ej20g, h, k, r, ej207 etc are all turbo motors and appear on the tag on the passenger strut.

added to that the turbo and non turbo shells are identical.. good lucky fitting the scoop into a non turbo as well... LOL @ that warrant guy. Name and shame

Your WOF guy is a moron, go somewhere else, or he\'ll be failling each and every turbo subaru which comes in

Maybe he\'s just used to drift0rs coming in trying to pass off their +T\'ed skylines as it came from factory like that ow and/or got snapped out by it

Most turbo mitsi\'s don\'t have it labelled as T after either - I think it\'s just a nissan thing isn\'t it?

Took it to Don Mclean Motors on main south road in christchurch. It was take it their or VTNZ as the car has a green sticker on it that i got for driving vehicle without current wof (it was out by 7 months as i was having it rebuilt). I might go to subaru and get them to give me some paperwork for a factory replacement turbo for my vehicle and show them that to prove its a factory turbo or something along those lines...

yeah its a ej20 +t - electric windows + roof scoop +4 pots + ra stickers - sound deadning - the paint on the door handles and mirrors

i recon take it up the ladder . obviously fairly un educated sort of person and shouldnt be doing wofs

specially not green/pink sticker level

not to hijack the thread but i got asked once to remove the STI fog covers as he wanted to see the spotlights. i said there isnt any spot lights he said no i need to see.... supervisor came over and was like WTF going on here told him. he tells the dude hes a dumass and to leave it lol.

So i guess the moral is go to the supervisor or as jon says rub it in his nose with the chassis plate.

loganrasti said:

Took it to Don Mclean Motors on main south road in christchurch. It was take it their or VTNZ as the car has a green sticker on it that i got for driving vehicle without current wof (it was out by 7 months as i was having it rebuilt). I might go to subaru and get them to give me some paperwork for a factory replacement turbo for my vehicle and show them that to prove its a factory turbo or something along those lines...

I got a WOF there two weeks ago no probs.. that is crazy. As mentioned earlier, EJ20T does not exist.

Track down your chassis code here http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/wrx.html

Hahaha

Sorry but... Yeah I can see how/why they pinged you

Don McLeans is the go-to dodgy WOF place for chch, or used to be at least. They will have gotten hammered for passing skyrines etc which should be getting certs for engine conversions and aren\'t.

I took a V6 VR4 in I\'d single turboed years back - literally I was just getting "a list" of failures so I could get it all ready for cert etc, they failed me on tyres scrubbing inner guard - said to go home, paint or remove them, then come back and get WOF sticker. Ignored the massive turbo, adjustables, front axles being missing... I wasn\'t arguing

Go somewhere else man, bunch of cowboys

I finding it hard to understand why people got to all sorts of these dodgy places looking for the "easy WOF"

We all know of misinterpretation of rules that testers have at times, but having a vehicle(and knowing of)which could be less conforming safety wise and going out of your way to have it passed, is criminal.