Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Car Insurance

BINKZ

So as some of you may or may not know, CLIC car insurance is shutting up shop soon due to the IAG takeover of AMI/CLIC.

I have hit up a number of insurance companies for quotes and just wondered if you guys had any other suggestions/ideas.

NAC - approx $1250 a year

ClubAuto - approx $1050

InsureDirect - approx $780

Anybody else i could potentially try, anybody got any stories re trying to make claims through the above etc?

Looking like InsureDirect at this stage, although they do have a $100 windscreen excess that the others do not...

Thanks all

paulngui']

[quote name='kwi_fozze said:

state, $800 ish with free glass, but i do have full no claims history etc

/quote]

I found state to be one of the cheapest and am with them as a result. I\'ve also found them good to deal with too.

wont insure me unless i have some other kind of insurance with them for some reason i.e. contents

i have no claims, next to no ticket history etc for years and years.

My mums an insurance broker so iv been there done that with insurance. Especialy when i lost my license. Either NAC or AMP are the best. All the ones that look cheap seem like good options but theyre usualy ripping you off somwhere else. Excess and things. Plus not paying it in a lump, doing it weekly monthly whatever adds interest and can add an extra few 100$ on the yearly bill

Brodske said:

My mums an insurance broker so iv been there done that with insurance. Especialy when i lost my license. Either NAC or AMP are the best. All the ones that look cheap seem like good options but theyre usualy ripping you off somwhere else. Excess and things. Plus not paying it in a lump, doing it weekly monthly whatever adds interest and can add an extra few 100$ on the yearly bill

lol certainly wont be going with NAC - highest excess, highest price, rudest people

boon said:

Watwatwat since when was CLIC going turkey? I have both my cars with them...

not going turkey, have been bought out by IAG and since IAG owns NAC also, they are closing CLIC

also not going with State, rudest most incompetent people twice on the phone today.

likely going to go with ClubAuto.

thanks all for your input

• General Member
 BINKZ']

[quote name='boon said:

Watwatwat since when was CLIC going turkey? I have both my cars with them...

/quote]

not going turkey, have been bought out by IAG and since IAG owns NAC also, they are closing CLIC

also not going with State, rudest most incompetent people twice on the phone today.

likely going to go with ClubAuto.

thanks all for your input

I\'m with Club Auto, they insured my Altezza and my WRX for less than NAC was charging for the WRX. I have had a broken windscreen in both cars since getting my Policy and both were replaced same day no questions asked no excess. They Fixed my Altezza up when it was backed into and hunted the muppet for Excess and to top it all off they were real good about it when the misplaced my payments and thought I was 3 months behind lol, very polite and apologetic when they realized it was there mistake.

Big tick from me.

• Admin

OK so I got a few quotes for my cars, cheapest so far is NAC, I think they\'re carrying over my no-claims bonus from CLIC.

Next best was ClubAuto, they were nice to deal with, and with your endorsement Johnnynz I\'m tempted to go with them as they\'re only a little cheaper and I imagine once I accumulate a no-claims bonus it will come down a bit.

Just had a quote from Clubauto and they want nearly $500 more than Clic do and need a valuation done....at my cost no doubt. Time to see what I can screw out of NAC (cant say Id be that happy going back to them) or Insure direct.

edit: Insure Direct over 2.5 times what I pay with Clic but 1/3 excess gulp

• Admin
 Scoobydoo said:

Any insurance company should accept any existing NCB, as long as you have it in writing. If it\'s not stated on your existing policy, then get it in writing from your company, so you can prove it to any new company.

Turns out what they quoted was inclusive of a maximum NCB.

Might end up with NAC although I\'ve heard some horror stories about State and other IAG entities...

PhatRS said:

Just had a quote from Clubauto and they want nearly $500 more than Clic do and need a valuation done....at my cost no doubt. Time to see what I can screw out of NAC (cant say Id be that happy going back to them) or Insure direct.

edit: Insure Direct over 2.5 times what I pay with Clic but 1/3 excess gulp

yeah i ended up going with Clubauto who is costing me like $200 a year more than CLIC did.

Still better than NAC though, and insuredirect was a little cheaper but seemed like retards