Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

thieves attempting to brake in

early sunday morning

my car is parked in my drive way and i noticed that my bonnet wasnt closed properly i opened it and had a look and saw that the battery was un hooked and my alarm siren had been cut and its gone they also snipped my bonnet wire so the alarm wouldnt go off

i have a avs 5 star alarm. but they didnt take anything. they didnt even open my cars door and take anything. also they left there utensil on the ground for un hooking the bonnet,

what were they after? if they didnt even go in the inside of my car?

strange

yeah i was thinking that, but last week i noticed my bonnet wouldn\'t shut properly, the latch was like caught, bt didnt think anything of it. think that could have been the same people :/

jkwrx555 said:

early sunday morning

my car is parked in my drive way and i noticed that my bonnet wasnt closed properly i opened it and had a look and saw that the battery was un hooked and my alarm siren had been cut and its gone they also snipped my bonnet wire so the alarm wouldnt go off

i have a avs 5 star alarm. but they didnt take anything. they didnt even open my cars door and take anything. also they left there utensil on the ground for un hooking the bonnet,

what were they after? if they didnt even go in the inside of my car?

strange

start sleeping in your car bro

optmspotts said:

Rudimentary short-term fix:

Wire car battery to car exterior so current travels through metal panels

Arm at night and enjoy frying the would-be thieves next time they try to gain entry

Think this moment from Batman Dark Knight movie...

Untitled-1-1_zpsde2a375d.jpg

Been done in uk.

Owner got done for man slaughter

If you want to Live up you Car body, use an electric fence transformer. These Pulse 7000VDC, enough to shock, but wont "hook" a person up and kill them. But I would say you would have to isolate evey thing electrical in your car from the chassis in order to stop things being fried.

Also, better get your alarm installed right, for somone just to pop the bonnet and cut wires to alarm, is pretty useless install, even if it is 5 star.

A 1star alarm installed right is better than 5 star installed half arsed.

Don\'t use any alarm with a key bypass on the siren, use a rolling code alarm without a disable feature siren like any cobra or auto watch alarm so you can actually hide the sirens. AVS is a good example or an alarm that is only as strong as the installer and even then, not that strong.

My two cents

As stated above get the alarm installed properly ie my first alarm the brains were installed just under the plastic on the drivers side...

Next time round alarm was installed as close to the firewall as possible also had a piezo siren added into the cabin meaning if it goes off there is a100db screaming at you. Won\'t stop a thief but will make it pretty uncomfortable.

And lastly a kill switch that only you know about hidden real well that kills something like the fuel pump.

JoKer said:

why not? more secure than you think

Because generally when installed people put them in an accessible place and they just get cut out, if you use an alarm without a key bypass you can hide the siren properly.

Also quite a few of the larger brands like avs, uniden, mongoose especially can have their key forced using another key o-o