Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Looking for some new wheels..opinions anyone

hey guys im looking to get some new wheels for sti type r..iv spent hours looking at the different sorts and have narrowed it down to either 18" work emotion silver cr kai , work emotion xd9 ,,volk ce28n,Rays Gram Lights 57s or these below..id like to be different and see alot of people have cr kai\'s..what do you reckon are the nicest wheels to put on a type r (any photos)..and can anyone identify what wheels are on this sti type r below.possbily will put these on if i can figure what they are lol.cheers

vpiyw5.jpg

familyman said:

Those Tracers are hawt!

Out of your choices above, I would go the Gram Light 57 in dayglo green if your car is black, or neon orange if any other colour.

have to agree with familyman, we have had many disscusions about this and it would for some cars, not all but can work well with the right colours

Thanks for the opinions.lol green and orange are pretty out there but im sure theyd look nice :P maybe youd like the 18" chromes its on at the moment too,but im sort of going for a stealth race look so either a alloy,bronze or gunmetal colour..i guess when it comes to wheels the higher the price the better style look you get. Gram light 57s go for about $900-1100 a set including tyres where as work xd9 are $2000+

STR8RIDAH said:

Thanks for the opinions.lol green and orange are pretty out there but im sure theyd look nice :P maybe youd like the 18" chromes its on at the moment too,but im sort of going for a stealth race look so either a alloy,bronze or gunmetal colour..i guess when it comes to wheels the higher the price the better style look you get. Gram light 57s go for about $900-1100 a set including tyres where as work xd9 are $2000+

pretty cheap for gram lights had some 18x9 Work Xt7s priced at 3k landed most other places were a couple hundred more so that Xd9 price is pretty good to, you must have a great hook up there!

If your going light weight, money no option the TE37 C1 thats pretty light for a 19inch rim, would be even better at 18 or 17 inch

attachment.php?attachmentid=21773&stc=1&

These are even lighter from weds

weds-sport-carbon-fiber-wheel.jpgbut either way any Weds,Work, Advan or Rays rim would look sick dude

Nascar D-slots in matt black!!! be really....umm..different....

Only thing with alot of those sexy JDM wheels, the Subaru width and Offset doesnt make them look as nice. you going to have toplay with the width/offset to get that nice disc look

I had Prodrive (RAYS) GC010G\'s 18x8.5 on my V9, added some blue RAYS wheel nuts and really set them off.

ProDrive-GC-010G-2T.jpg

B-MAGIC said:

rota torque would look boss. cant beat the almighty DTM GT37\'s rims in white or custom colour or a set of these http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=548836351 if your keen on pumping them guards to make them fit and have the coin for it. Personally I\'d go with rota grids as you dont see much STI coupes with grids. Ive seen one but hes got different wheels now so nows your chance. lol

should come to auckland grids on everything around here and a few coupes to boot, theres one with 9s on it down the road from me looks insane not sure how practical it is though

I think im gonna get some of these, they used to run them on the 22b WRC\'s as tarmac rims

Millenium Revolutions, you can get them for $270 per rim brand new on trade me, proper track rims so alot harder to crack than regular road mags

18x8 +50

6179882928_4883c2e4b0_b.jpg

Stoffa said:

I think im gonna get some of these, they used to run them on the 22b WRC\'s as tarmac rims

Millenium Revolutions, you can get them for $270 per rim brand new on trade me, proper track rims so alot harder to crack than regular road mags

18x8 +50

6179882928_4883c2e4b0_b.jpg

If ya lookin for these on tm wouldnt they be cheaper just going straight to Palmside (www.palmside.co.nz) rather than on tm? I would expect them to be costlier on tm cos they have to pay sucess fees as well?