Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

where to buy nos?

On a semi serious note do you mean suppliers of the gas or a nos kit

There\'s plenty of auto parts guys who sell kits (I used to, suprising amount of imports use it), if you want somewhere to just buy the gas for auto I\'m not 100% the stuff from BOC is the right one? Don\'t ask me it\'s been a while, most hot rod / v8 parts type places do bottle refills (segedins? japrace in chch do or did... just google it)

Or buy a heap of whipped cream canisters

Or rip off a dentist

Done right its as good a power adder as anything else

They pop up on tm 500-600 mark every so often. Id use it personally but its really just an equivalent of meth/water injection/e85 isnt it? Cheap way to add 50kw on the strip and youre already in turbo class if youre a man.

• Admin
 evowrx said:

They pop up on tm 500-600 mark every so often. Id use it personally but its really just an equivalent of meth/water injection/e85 isnt it? Cheap way to add 50kw on the strip and youre already in turbo class if youre a man.

E85 and meth are increased fueling. Nitrous is an oxidiser... it doesn\'t burn as such, it decomposes when heated and releases a huge amount of oxygen. If anything its more like running heaps of boost with no lag as functionally you\'re just cramming heaps of oxygen into the engine. Without appropriate fueling, and an ecu to deliver way more fuel than the AFM or MAP is actually asking for, you\'re just gonna lean out by miles and melt pistons.

ritalin springs to mind. Easy gain its effectively power in a bottle. The way people describe it (that run it) is it just adds kw to a maxed out setup so a 200kw car makes 250kw in easy terms. I dont know anything about it but hell Id run it if I had somewhere to put the bottle bein a wagon and if gas was on free tap.

Obviously you would have a tuned map for it.

• Admin
 We are borg said:

Most systems are "wet" systems which means as the Nitrous is injected so is extra fuel, it has its own ECU,Injectors,pumps and lines.

Nitrous is just basically really oxygen-rich air. All it has is a nitrogen atom and 2 oxygens... nitrogen doesn\'t burn and oxygen is what attaches to stuff to make it burn.

It\'s basically boost in a bottle. Any car you put it on will need the fueling adjusted or it will just run incredibly lean.

scoobygt said:

you don\'t need to tune for it on a non turbo car as long as you get the mixtures right, how ever on a turbo car i\'m guessing its a whole other story.

"Getting the mixtures right"

That\'d be called "tuned to suit"

A wet kit can work just fine, but bear in mind if you\'re using an AFM metered car it\'ll see a massive influx of flow come in, and either a) get close to fuel cut or b) throw it\'s own mixtures up the whack thinking it needs to dump fuel in anyway. No difference between turbo or N/A in that regard

Only difference a wet kit provides is the "extra" fuel aspect is looked after by the kit (not you having to buy bigger injectors) - there\'s still precautions to be taken, or as with adding a buttload of boost to a car, there\'s a difference to be made with optomising the tune to suit - and just winding it up and crossing fingers. It might be safe with 20psi and stock fuel, but it could make more power on 15 with a proper tune - same goes with the naaaawws - a big hit of it might make 30kW, but tuned to suit would make more

You can get your bottle refilled at c&m in high brook Auckland it\'s about $300 but unless you add 60-100kw atw you not going to feel anything like the movie, I had 60kw add on and was not impressed but on track it makes good difference to spool big turbos

R8TD_R said:

You can get your bottle refilled at c&m in high brook Auckland it\'s about $300 but unless you add 60-100kw atw you not going to feel anything like the movie, I had 60kw add on and was not impressed but on track it makes good difference to spool big turbos

Farrk thats a lot of coin. Glad I can justifiably dispel that fantasy.

A mate had 2 100 hp shots on his meany greeny ( Green RX2 running a 454 MOPAR) twas fun driving it around town bit scary hitting the "go like fuck button" especially if traction wasnt good, only ever hit it the first time wasnt brave enough to give it the second dose