Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Replacing rear trailing arm bushings

• Admin

Anybody tried doing this without removing the hub and arm and without a press. i\'d rather not pay a mechanic for something that from the looks of things i could do myself.

i\'ve read a few walkthrough\'s that show it being done with two piece replacement bushes but don\'t know if its possible with one piece ones

Still need a press to get the old ones out man and a workshop are used to doing that wwont take them that long, if it was out then urethane replacements are easy to install but you still need to get the old ones out without stuffing the arm and are you talking about trailing or lateral arms

• Admin

haven\'t had a chance to have a good nosey under the rear end yet as there\'s nowhere at mine i can jack it up. vtnz said both forward rear trailing arm bushings were pretty bad and wouldn\'t pass next time around. i\'ve been thinking maybe shimmy something up using a vise to squeeze them out.

i bought a trademe shop press and pressed out my old bushes. can\'t imagine doing it on the car..

i used nolethane 2 part bushes from autolign but for some reason they where too loose and a complete waste of time (and $300)

i found out AFTER driving a new car from DN to Manfield for MM10, leaving it in welly for a year and then needing a WOF. on the hoist you could move the wheel/hub side to side :(

soo.. probably simpler/easier/cheaper to replace the whole arm with a good 2nd hand one unless your real keen

edit:

just looking at http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,36024.0/topicseen.html

i have NO idea how the B4 suspension operates :D i can only speak for the gc8 setup. sorry