Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Your Club , Your ideas ?

If you didn\'t already know Clubsub has a new Committee - http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,21278.0.html

Although we are yet to have our first committee meeting , I can assure you all that we are committed to improving this club and driving it forward.

That\'s where YOU come in , we need to know what you want your club to be , so please post up with any ideas or suggestions you have .

Also if you are not a paid member , why not ? what has held you back.

We need your input to enchance what you get out of Clubsub , so please post up or feel free to PM me .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because becoming a paid member doesn\'t really affect anything well it didn\'t for me. I looked at the paid member section on the day I paid and other than that it never seemed to have anything going on, and have since moved away so haven\'t bothered this year, and as far as Wellington goes its just been real quiet and same old same old, need to get more ideas flowing and more drives, other than last week the last cruise Wellington went on was during the rugby World Cup, so one every two years is a bit sad, there\'s my 50cents haha

D-Style said:

Being able to post membership cards to Australia. Stop being so cheap!!

Why would have matter?

Also, Will there be a shirt drive this year? wouldnt mind getting one but the last i heard there was limited sizes mostly in super skinny size. And also just the mechandise in general, i havent seen an update on all these in a few years?

Haven\'t done the paid membership thing simply cause I don\'t see a benefit to it (for me) to be blunt.

If parts of the forum were restricted - some places lock tech and for sale off for example - then I\'d pay for sure.

I get the intention with "sponsors will give discounts to members" but for me it doesn\'t mean much (Especially when they just do the discount for anyone anyway)

Short version I suppose - ill only pay if blackmailed to do so hahaha

You asked so I answered :D

Member/ride of the month might help some people get motivated to actually make a garage thread.

As for the paid member thing - what marky said.

I think advertising like what nasoic do would be better to get money back into the club tbh but do think it should be on the side not like every 5th post is advertising etc.

Marky said:

Haven\'t done the paid membership thing simply cause I don\'t see a benefit to it (for me) to be blunt.

If parts of the forum were restricted - some places lock tech and for sale off for example - then I\'d pay for sure.

I get the intention with "sponsors will give discounts to members" but for me it doesn\'t mean much (Especially when they just do the discount for anyone anyway)

Short version I suppose - ill only pay if blackmailed to do so hahaha

You asked so I answered :D

Seems to be what i hear from alot of non paid members, and i kinda see the point. But then i paid for another year this year because the more paid members we have the more the club can do.... and its not exactly alot of money, i would rather pay this than world vision

Yeah but what I mean is... What is being paid for, what does the money get used to do

And from a "me me me" perspective, what do I get out of it? (bear in mind not everyone wants stickers etc)

Had the same problem with the nzmmc forum/club, problem was that the funds got used for "subsided" track days, which was neat for the 10% who had the ability to use it - the web hosting was donated by a sponsor anyway so it created just a bit of friction with the other 90%

Marky said:

Yeah but what I mean is... What is being paid for, what does the money get used to do

And from a "me me me" perspective, what do I get out of it? (bear in mind not everyone wants stickers etc)

Had the same problem with the nzmmc forum/club, problem was that the funds got used for "subsided" track days, which was neat for the 10% who had the ability to use it - the web hosting was donated by a sponsor anyway so it created just a bit of friction with the other 90%

yeah i can see how that would cause a rift

• General Member

My idea is to merge the whole shebang, but still acknowledge those who donate

works fine in my \'other\' main forum home, they even paid for the Ferry tickets at last months "nats"

none of this "them" and "us" mentality

you still need to show up to meets and get stickers from reps/pass the "not a dickhead" test etc.

Eight dollar said:

Because becoming a paid member doesn\'t really affect anything well it didn\'t for me. I looked at the paid member section on the day I paid and other than that it never seemed to have anything going on, and have since moved away so haven\'t bothered this year, and as far as Wellington goes its just been real quiet and same old same old, need to get more ideas flowing and more drives, other than last week the last cruise Wellington went on was during the rugby World Cup, so one every two years is a bit sad, there\'s my 50cents haha

not taking pot shots at anyone but ClubSubMum is listed as Wellington rep and as I understand it Debbie now lives in Christchurch?

Likewise Shale is the Auckland rep and she was last active in January.

If these areas are to thrive then we need someone to be the rep in the area who will drive it like Thorpy etc have done in Christchurch

Perhaps if we can get our local reps right the club can thrive in all areas?

Re: paid/non paid memebers

The way I see it is that I dont benefit from being a non paid member personally.

In much the same boat as Marky.

ODB']

[quote name='Eight dollar said:

/quote]

not taking pot shots at anyone but ClubSubMum is listed as Wellington rep and as I understand it Debbie now lives in Christchurch?

Likewise Shale is the Auckland rep and she was last active in January.

If these areas are to thrive then we need someone to be the rep in the area who will drive it like Thorpy etc have done in Christchurch

Perhaps if we can get our local reps right the club can thrive in all areas?

Re: paid/non paid memebers

The way I see it is that I dont benefit from being a non paid member personally.

In much the same boat as Marky.

Im pretty sure all area reps have been voted for and are being announced after first committee meeting

Yep, I\'m now wellington area rep, so can someone make me mod or something? (not sure who to talk to about that so I\'ll just post this here)

Don\'t worry about Wellington, I have many plans for us, I just hope members actually show up.

chulozumo said:

Yep, I\'m now wellington area rep, so can someone make me mod or something? (not sure who to talk to about that so I\'ll just post this here)

Don\'t worry about Wellington, I have many plans for us, I just hope members actually show up.

Just remind people by txt, email, phone calls. Thats how aim showed up to the last meet and he hasnt been to one in like forever

• General Member

I was a paid member but along with the others I didn\'t really know what I was paying for.

I\'m normally to cheap to buy new parts and I\'m not in a main center where workshop discounts apply. When the time came to pay up again it was a tight week and bingo bango non paid member.

The risk you run by closing off tech sections etc. is cutting off your casual member who you really need to spread word of mouth and stop the forum going stagnant. I don\'t think the club offers enough to expect anymore than 10% of members to pay membership. That 10% is covered by people who want to live the club lifestyle, go to meets, have a banner etc.

What the club can offer to make it worthwhile, I honestly don\'t know the answer to that one. Its hard mainly because our membership is so far spread and theres not a lot you can offer web based that the majority will pay for.

While my comment may seem overly negative I think the club is in a fairly good state and heading in the right direction.

A suggestion I would make is maybe something simpler and more transparent than club accounts. For instance Club Breakeven set at X including some carry over funds for the following year and then at points above X certain rewards kick in for paid members.

x + 1 = Discount Mega Meet Attendance

X + 2 = Free Banner to all paid Members etc etc.

It would allow you to still run an excess to ensure club sustainability while putting an incentive out there for current members to pay up and also an incentive for Paid Members to recruit other Paid members. It could also be kept up to date in a thread somewhere public so unpaid member see what there missing.

evowrx said:

Money from advertising would be win.

But this then takes away from the experience of the foums IMO.

How about those paid members dont see the advertising like Geekzone does?