Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STI vibrate at 100km and over

Has anyone ran into similar scenario? Sitting at 80-90km/h the car runs fine but when you put the pedal down and reached 100km/h the body/chassis starts to vibrate slightly. Also note that, the steering wheel is fine, all three pedals are fine as in isn\'t vibrating, only the body/chassis. I have read through previous posts, it seems like I need the following:

1. Wheel balancing

2. Wheel alignment

3. Inner axle joint

Any suggestions? Looking forward in hearing from those who resolved similar situation

Aaendewy said:

Thanks guys, so I assume it\'s nothing major?

Just do the simple things first... i.e. get the wheels/tyres checked and balanced and a wheel alignment.

Probably nothing major... depending on what your idea of major is... a tyre bulge is not major mechanically

speaking... but major if you get a blowout at speed and drive headlong into a tree.

loner']

[quote name='Aaendewy said:

Thanks guys, so I assume it\'s nothing major?

/quote]

Just do the simple things first... i.e. get the wheels/tyres checked and balanced and a wheel alignment.

Probably nothing major... depending on what your idea of major is... a tyre bulge is not major mechanically

speaking... but major if you get a blowout at speed and drive headlong into a tree.

Yeah, sorry, major wouldn\'t be the right word to use. I meant major as in Drive shaft, Inner axle etc. Basically, expensive parts.. that needs to be replace, none major = wheel allignment, balanced etc.

I\'ve had a tyre bulge before, and the vibration comes through the steering wheel.. hmmm

runrabbit said:

I had a similar prob a while back .. ::)

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,31801.msg432351.html#msg432351

read down thread a little as it started with a brake issue.

gd luck

Ah thank you, yes, it\'s exactly my issue.. Even at low speed approximately 60-80km/h and at 100km/h the vibration becomes tiny bit worst. I will get my wheels balanced and followed by alignment. Cheers runrabbit.

we had one come into work a while back

and it was the drive shaft bush joint was wearing out and the drive shaft had play in it

jkwrx555 said:

we had one come into work a while back

and it was the drive shaft bush joint was wearing out and the drive shaft had play in it

Thanks, it could be my wheels, or that. I haven\'t got time to get it balanced and alignment as exams are coming up and assignments still to complete.

let say if I got my wheels balanced + alignment and issue still exist. What\'s the total price for drive-shaft joint replacement?

im not sure an hours labour and a second hand drrive shaft

but could also be brake calipers sticking, check calipers are sliding

but could be anything haha, just do a check list