• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the Toyota Corolla courtesy car, I felt so alone. haha :'(

I need....

new front diff

VOD to reduce to normal

4th gear

and it didnt even go to Manfield....

first hot lap in the morning i did a 1.21 on semis. third lap in my link was shutting the car down as it got to hot so the rev limit was down around 5-5.5 grand.

made for a fairly 'slow' day as i couldnt get any power down all day unfortunately.

Went out on slicks after lunch and it got worse power wise. spent the day trying lines and discovering the new limits of my set up - namely i cant keep the car cool enough (hence the link shutting it down) and oil surging.

funkytown']

[quote name='scotty1 said:

Sorry to hear about all the problems, I think Suby hospital was the best place for my car to be.

As for Funky, Steve, and i presume Viv. Man you guys were moving in force through Plimmerton/Paramata yesterday arvo. Was quite impressive. ;)

/quote]

haha i was driving the BP towing, steve, danielle and viv were in the v8 wrx, and greg driving my wagon.

i dunno about others but heres my list of things to attend to

Install oil pressure and temp

Move oil cooler to inner guard

Install new cooler in other front inner guard for turbo water set up

Install water pump and lines for turbo so it doesnt run to main radiator

Pull engine and fix sump and rocker cover gasket

Oil and filter change

Shrould off intercooler / radiator

Fix tractor sounds.

Install larger catch can and block of passenger head nicely

Degrease most of the passenger side of the car.. lol (had to be there to understand why)

put a really good oil in, not that castrol crap that I saw in some of the cars, and at least one of the ones that had a big end problem.

funkytown said:

had castrol in mine :P putting the most power down for a subbie there yesterday and it didnt blow up :P

imo has NOTHING to do with oil, and has EVERYTHING to do with car/track prep.

lol fair enough, we will agree to disagree ;D

SPANKU said:

im serious, this car is cursed!

went home after the track and worked on the car, redid the timing belt and started up straight away that however ran really bad,swapped over the spark plugs and coil packs and now running sweet as, will need some more TLC before it goes anywhere decent but at lest we are onto a good start

it just didn't want to go to the track so keep itselfs from doing so which when I think about it is probably not such a bad thing since I'll have pretty much no time to test it etc

if those that did have an issue with there cars needs a hand to fix them up then flick me a pm or text and I'll be more than happy to help you guys out

Bazza-NZ']

[quote name='SPANKU said:

/quote]

went home after the track and worked on the car, redid the timing belt and started up straight away that however ran really bad,swapped over the spark plugs and coil packs and now running sweet as, will need some more TLC before it goes anywhere decent but at lest we are onto a good start

Awesome to hear!!! :)

scotty1']

[quote name='SPANKU said:

/quote]

Awesome to hear!!! :)

yeah it about time something ran in the car, I'm sure we would have figured it out sooner or later tho, just been one really long week with late nights

seem a nice end if the day to get one dead Subaru running after see a number of them (5 I think it was) get taken by the track

funkytown said:

had castrol in mine :P putting the most power down for a subbie there yesterday and it didnt blow up :P

imo has NOTHING to do with oil, and has EVERYTHING to do with car/track prep.

+1

Both Chris and i have not got baffled sumps.

neither of us have had a BEB failure yet..

And i run Castrol oil.

To blame one particular brand of oil is not really helpful.

was good to meet alot of the Club members probably yesterday!

Thanks to Chris for taking me for a spin - was gutted mine is still in the garage though! although i did get to drive Funkys Wagon home - w00p w00p

Have some footage of Funky and Chris on Driver Trainer laps so with permisson will post up so people can check out the lines and learn a few bits!

Greg

grego0o said:

was good to meet alot of the Club members probably yesterday!

Thanks to Chris for taking me for a spin - was gutted mine is still in the garage though! although i did get to drive Funkys tractor home - w00p w00p

Have some footage of Funky and Chris on Driver Trainer laps so with permisson will post up so people can check out the lines and learn a few bits!

Greg

edited for truth

post up laps.they will be slow as talking to trainer most the laps

lol lucky you have a tractor, mine sounds like tis trying to give birth to a ride on lawnmover or something, anyone wanna buy it as is lmao?

and the grey coupe lastest the track day, but went back over the akkas to upper hutt, and got something wrong in the suspension i think, so 2-3 for us on the track but got home safe haha. anyone want a type r all the gears good apart from the block and bottom end?

161191_100000635711737_6353582_n.jpg

Coupe said:

lol lucky you have a tractor, mine sounds like tis trying to give birth to a ride on lawnmover or something, anyone wanna buy it as is lmao?

and the grey coupe lastest the track day, but went back over the akkas to upper hutt, and got something wrong in the suspension i think, so 2-3 for us on the track but got home safe haha. anyone want a type r all the gears good apart from the block and bottom end?

161191_100000635711737_6353582_n.jpg

Haha same goes for ours, v4 sti wagon, all gears good apart pistons in ours - not a beb as first thought

also dont agree with the whole castrols crap thing. I've just recently switched to a redline from castrol but never had any major issues with it. And my car is also still running a standard sump, with the addition of the accusump. Car behaved like a bag o shit yesterday. Had a really bad miss under full load.(the same miss it had at hampton for superlap with very similar weather) havent quite pin-pointed it yet but its looking to be a temp thing. still survived the day but got really annoying as I wasn't able to string together a decent laptime at all. Was good to meet a few members and sorry to those that I didnt catch up with.

ClubSub Mum']

[quote name='Coupe said:

img]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs1340.snc4/161191_100000635711737_6353582_n.jpg[/img]

Haha same goes for ours, v4 sti wagon, all gears good apart pistons in ours - not a beb as first thought

The fact it only ran on three cylinders when i got it to start was a pretty good indication that something was not right piston wise...

my money is on it being the piston ring lands snapped..

Both Chris and i have not got baffled sumps.

neither of us have had a BEB failure yet..

And i run Castrol oil.

To blame one particular brand of oil is not really helpful.

its my opinion...............sorry, its crap oil if it makes you feel better I can name other brands and not just single out castrol ;D

5UBZRO said:

also dont agree with the whole castrols crap thing. I've just recently switched to a redline from castrol but never had any major issues with it. And my car is also still running a standard sump, with the addition of the accusump. Car behaved like a bag o s*** yesterday. Had a really bad miss under full load.(the same miss it had at hampton for superlap with very similar weather) havent quite pin-pointed it yet but its looking to be a temp thing. still survived the day but got really annoying as I wasn't able to string together a decent laptime at all. Was good to meet a few members and sorry to those that I didnt catch up with.

Both me and Funky also had a miss under full load as well ! Do you have a Link computer ?

Oh, and thank you for letting me use your tools ! And Viv and Steve and Greg for helping me fix my car.