Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Extreme Street/Casual Track Car Build

I am wanting a car to run in casual track days/targa tour type events and am thinking of building one from scratch..

Anyone recommend anyone for this kind of work or is Possum Bourne Motorsport the place to go?

Yeah a list of people would be great.

Pretty much after a V2/3 RA body, Street legal Rollcage, Harnesses, and then use fresh STI gear for everything else (Engine/Turbo, Close ratio Gearbox, Suspension, Brembo Brakes..etc)

Go the "unfinished build" route

You wouldn\'t get half that built for what he\'s asking

See people do it time and time again - sinking thousands and thousands "making it their own" but ultimately just building a known formula anyway - let someone elses loss of interest be to your benefit :)

My suggestion is go for an Evo 5-6. Faster, more reliable car that comes with all the good bits to be able to get 250kw+ out of without opening anything up and Brembos already too. Then spend the remainder of your money on good tyres, suspension, pads and practice. Lots of practice. Rather than wasting money on a car that will spend most of its time getting built or fixed (ie most Subaru\'s).

You don\'t need a cage to go fast at the track and generally the Targa Tour doesn\'t have many caged cars for a reason. There is some, but they are dangerous in crashes as you aren\'t wearing a helmet... Rollcage + head = serious injuries. I investigate those crashes and can tell you there has been some very lucky people lately. And plenty of crashes in the Tour.

• General Member
 Munkvy said:

My suggestion is go for an Evo 5-6. Faster, more reliable car that comes with all the good bits to be able to get 250kw+ out of without opening anything up and Brembos already too. Then spend the remainder of your money on good tyres, suspension, pads and practice. Lots of practice. Rather than wasting money on a car that will spend most of its time getting built or fixed (ie most Subaru\'s).

You don\'t need a cage to go fast at the track and generally the Targa Tour doesn\'t have many caged cars for a reason. There is some, but they are dangerous in crashes as you aren\'t wearing a helmet... Rollcage + head = serious injuries. I investigate those crashes and can tell you there has been some very lucky people lately. And plenty of crashes in the Tour.

This or buy someone elses finished/unfinished project.

Its not uncomon to see complete cars WRX/Evo/Civic/Integra going complete with Cage and tasty bits for under 20k on trademe.

If your not to hung up about having a Subaru this looks good value to me...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/honda/auction-613639818.htm

I bet it really moves with a the K20a in it.

WRXER']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

Fair enough, me to. Sometimes wish I wasnt ha ha.

/quote]

+1 haha, I\'ll be back on the road eventually :D..Sometimes I wish I just sold up got a v10 sti and called it a day haha

I\'m still waiting for your Profile Pic to reveal the boobs.

Timmah']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

Fair enough, me to. Sometimes wish I wasnt ha ha.

/quote]

+1 haha, I\'ll be back on the road eventually :D..Sometimes I wish I just sold up got a v10 sti and called it a day haha

I\'m still waiting for your Profile Pic to reveal the boobs.

Hahaha i watch it over and over expecting to see some nip.....should realise by now that its not happening ::)