Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V7 sti max power?

Guest hate-evoz

OUTRNU is a good example of how much they can handle although anything can blow if you rape it hard n fast.

obviously with supporting mods... stock vf30 isn\'t going to cut it, know of a car running a td06 at 24psi boost 230+ at the wheels with no issues...

i\'d imagine with that sort of power you\'d be getting a freakishly good tuner to work his magic, dyno time would be a must.

230kw+ is nothing for them Im 227kw atw. People claim to be able to pull 300kw out of V8 sti engines stock internals on pump gas reliably V7 sti stronger again. Im not into the whole naming tuners against others etc.

Johnnynz']

[quote name='funkytown said:

1938472627484wkw.

For a split second.

YOur queation is fundamentally flawed

/quote]

Funky, dont be silly... Obviously they can only handle 1938472627483wkw GOSH!!!

If you put a couple of NOS stickers in the engine bay you can gain a couple more killawasps, and it will hold the engine together for a bit longer. I thought everyone knew these things.

Some on the floor pan wouldn\'t go astray too, those things fall off all the time you start pumping that much power.

reliable 280-300kw with proper tuning as per above

just a td06 and exhaust intercooler+ walbro and nice tune = 235kw using stock everything else

seriously nice engine to work with!

should say with 98 octane pump gas

• Admin
 SP00N said:

reliable 280-300kw with proper tuning as per above

just a td06 and exhaust intercooler+ walbro and nice tune = 235kw using stock everything else

seriously nice engine to work with!

should say with 98 octane pump gas

I\'m at 231wkw with a VF34. Why make it spool like s*** with a TD06 to gain exactly 0kw?

In response to the original question, whatever number makes you feel better. Just get them to fudge the TCF until you get a number that will impress your mates.

More usefully... if you keep it rich, use a big turbo to keep the IAT low, lots of flow at lower boost so it doesn\'t get knocky, and you don\'t rev the tits off it, then the stock internals are apparently good to about 300wkw for a street car. If you track it or rape the balls off it (which I suspect you\'re going to both of) then maybe 250wkw.

the td06 is not too bad to be honest

i think ppl put it on a stock tuned ecu and then get lag and then complain

for the ecu tuned ones u can get it to come a lot better

not as quick as vf34 of course but not a whole lot later either

but the best thing is that it holds power a long time after the vf\'s give up

but yea given all that i prefer the vf somehow lol (personal opinion nothing against a td06)

After owning my 300wkw wrx and driving it on the street i personally reckon a stockish v7+ with a decent tune is far more fun, i missed that feel of low down snappy power. And 300kw on the street is pretty extreme unless its used for track days and drag battles regularly.

jazza said:

After owning my 300wkw wrx and driving it on the street i personally reckon a stockish v7+ with a decent tune is far more fun, i missed that feel of low down snappy power. And 300kw on the street is pretty extreme unless its used for track days and drag battles regularly.

this. and agree with boon - td06 is a POS choice for 230 when VF3x does it better.

and your dreaming if you think 280-300wkw will last any reasonable amount of time on a bottom end.

my built motor lasted about 2 years @ that power. good luck on a factory one.

• Admin
 jazza said:

Mmm I\'m looking for a happy medium... with a VF34, G4 and pretty much every bolt-on you can do (stayed TMIC) it\'s so spooly that it\'s surging all the damn time. So going to a large turbo in the hopes it will make it a little nicer to drive while still being responsive.

All those VF turbos surge coming on boost too fast with freed up intake/exhaust. Interesting to see if you could bring it on too fast just with closed loop and stock intake/exhaust. Id rather power coming on like a storm at 4k through till 7k.

Shame noone makes an exhaust housing for the evo 4-9 TD05\'s with a straight outlet

Those puppies will make 250-260wkw with light switch response too

Back to the original question I guess - you go find out man haha - as has been said plenty of folks in the USA trying to noodle rods just cause they can, to be fair though it\'s not a case of "how much can it take" but "how long do you want it to last" and go backwards from there - if you\'re not worried bout how long it lasts then your only limiting factor is how much fuel & air can you keep shoving in until something goes "pop" - could make 300wkw without anything dieing - or make 250 and snap a rod which has had a hard life

Depends on how its driven too - if the only use it sees is nice driving and maybe a squirt to 100 now and then, itll last years but still have the dyno sheet saying "yeah see i make 400hp and still going strong 5 years on" - or if it only sees track events then it could be 10 minutes

Here v8 Sti I mapped in the UK before moving to NZ.

OEM engine, TMIC, full decat of course, 800c injectors, walbro, tubular headers. Mapped to run mafless/speed density via the OEM ECU.

282 KW and 457 NM torque at the wheels.

I mapped it 18 months ago and it\'s still going strong despite a regular ragging. :)

ScreenShot_27-07-2013082646_zpsc496d8e5.[/url]