Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What should i do with my car. ( Debate / Ideas )

thorpy said:

HOLSET ;)

agreed there are other options out there not just garrett.

not just holsets either but there are other brands avalible .

turbos that will have good responce while still being big enouth to leave some head room.

you could look into twin scroll and also using late model heads with avcs to help with lag on bigger turbos.

along with alcohol injection ect

ive only had experience with 274/272 cams with around 12mm lift and after changing there wasnt a dramatic change in spooling time, but my engine was a stroker so that would most likey be why

as you say $$ isnt a prob then I would look into some of these options

so i get the holset thing - but unless OP is talking about doing anything other than a 2.0 build, which i\'ve seen not a single mention of. recommending such a turbo is REALLY not helpful.

it sits on par with suggesting gt3540 imo.

imo need to qualify your answers carefully in the context that people who have \'noideawhatimdoing\' can make sensible decisions on.

when someones put one on a simple 2.0 and can show me a \'nice curve\' then il eat my words

qualifying the Holset discussion it seems from Clubsub results that you need at least 2.35 stroker or destroker with some form of avcs and or TS header set up. A basic 2.0 they dont go nice.

There is the truck stuff and then the HRC stuff tho Jon and most peopl are running stock truck stuff. Stuff smaller than 3540 size yields bloody good results in that HRC range. From what people say about holset - not just the man that sells them - they flow a hell of a lot more for smaller inducer exducer than larger garrett wheels. If I didnt get a bloody good deal on mine I wouldve saved my pennies and done one of the small HRC CHRA in a garrett bolt on housing. Josh had a mean looking curve but yah not simple 2.0.

Horses for courses but this build sounds like it will be anything but simple. Moneys not an issue so ultimately the skys the limit.

evowrx']

[quote name='slydog said:

I\'m running a gtx 3076r on a very worked 2L motor. I\'m happy with how it comes on boost b]and the power. [/b]

Lol and that too! Still abit more left in her yet few things to sort out