Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Fuel pumps/injectors - Which one should I be looking at? What rating CC injector

slystiguy

Hey. Fueling is one of the last things I need to sort for my build. It\'s a 1991 bc5 rs legacy with a twisted setup running td05 18g and a front mount intercooler. It will run an apexi power fc computer.

I\'m planning on using later model non turbo legacy rails with the red injectors ripped out. This will allow me to run phase 2 decapped yellows which will bolt into my standard BC legacy manifold. I will replace the standard fuel pump to a 255LPH. I have a few questions regarding my needs and would like advice please.

I\'m unsure if I should run the twin regulators or go for a rising rate regulator?

For my turbo the maximum KW capable is roughly 240kw (on a good tune and engine I know) - What injectors will I require to get the max out of this setup? Will I get away with phase 1 yellows or should I be looking into the decapped phase 2?

I\'m looking at the following fuel pumps I have no idea which is better so please let me know thoughts. I also would like to know any problems in relation to install.

Walbro - Seems like everyone uses and probably my first pick for that reason

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/fuel-systems/auction-698602406.htm

Deatschwerks - Never heard of these until recently and I know very little about them but they come with a 3 year warranty

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/fuel-systems/auction-697183903.htm

This unbranded pump from strongs - Don\'t know anything about them

http://www.subaruspeed.co.nz/products/new-fuel-pump-high-performance

Cheers

Seems limit of 565cc pinks is 240-250wkw as above. Give yourself some headroom as it seems youve already caught the bug.

Ive never had an issue with genuine walbro but would prob go for the new deatschwerks jobbie next time, not that there will ever be a next time.

Regarding the injector wiring does anything need to be changed for the decapped or pink injectors? v5-6 yellows are the same size** as pink injectors is that right?

Does anything need to be modified when installing the deatschwerks pumps? I see the walbro needs some stuff cut

Nope they fit the same as they did when not decapped. V5/6 sidefeed are different plugs to topfeed pinks but can be made to work its only the locating wings that need slicing off as theyre in different places. Decapping for yellows is different to pinks also. Obviously you need a tuneable ecu but thats it.

My walbro bolted straight in I just deleted the capacitor thing but wasnt an old RS.

My opinion for what its worth:-

Decapping injectors is silly as it ruins the spray pattern and slows fuel vaporisation. Size the correct injector for the application/power required. Always use a single rising rate fuel regulator on turbo applications.. Two regs will never flow equally. End.

I\'m doing this build on he cheap. The car I purchased for just over $1000. If it was something flash then yes I would be spending 599 on injectors through 41auto. The mod seems cheap and reliable from what I\'ve read. The car isn\'t a daily nor am I chasing huge hp so I think it fits my build perfectly.

• Admin
 soopersubaru said:

Decapping injectors is silly as it ruins the spray pattern and slows fuel vaporisation. Size the correct injector for the application/power required.

Doesn\'t stop some people going around Manfield faster than, well, every other person on this forum for a start.

Optical said:

The phase 2 yellow injectors flow lots when decapped but the spray pattern is terrible. Definitely get some new pintle caps from an injector place to sort the spray pattern out again.

Shred were doing that and stoffa had a spare set for V5/6 that I was gonna grab but went pinks. The pinks have a good spray pattern decapped iirc but doesnt tony run yellows or were they recapped?

boon']

[quote name='soopersubaru said:

Decapping injectors is silly as it ruins the spray pattern and slows fuel vaporisation. Size the correct injector for the application/power required.

/quote]

Doesn\'t stop some people going around Manfield faster than, well, every other person on this forum for a start.

Fact is:- Horses for courses. Decapping for the engine that will for its lifetime spend it above 3k-4k with WOT most of this time may well benefit from lower vaporisation speeds. This aids charge air cooling. Of course this is beneficial in this particular application.

Road car? Not a good idea and unnecessary . ...Thats my opinion!.

soopersubaru']

[quote name='soopersubaru said:

/quote]

Fact is:- Horses for courses. Decapping for the engine that will for its lifetime spend it above 3k-4k with WOT most of this time may well benefit from lower vaporisation speeds. This aids charge air cooling. Of course this is beneficial in this particular application.

Road car? Not a good idea and unnecessary . ...Thats my opinion!.

My car idles fine on cold/warm start and no issues whatsoever and thats at tiny d/c with 840cc decapped pinks around low 200wkw and lower on 1bar spring pressure.