Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

1999 Type- R Coupe Ltd Edition (509/1000) market value?

Hi There,

Unfortunately I am looking to sell my very well looked after, very good condition, unmodified Type-R Coupe Ltd Edition. One mature NZ owner for last 7 years, 138K's and serviced every 5k.

Does anyone have a view on general market value? - They are very rare from my understanding.

Cheers

Nathan

ADIKT said:
Oh and most people introduce themselves to the club before asking questions and what not. Just sayin

Fair call - Wellington lad, had planty of roo's over the years - RX Coupe being my first...RS's, GT's etc

Yes it has the roof vent and DCCD, but cant see anything in my doco that talks to V-ltd). It's the version 6 as I understand...you have to press the clutch to start it

I'll suss out how to get pics up

This is all IMO from watching trademe ect

seen rough coupes with high kms go for as cheap as 4-5k (usually only a couple times a year)

Average price for a good stock example would probably be 8-10 depending on condition ect

An absolutely mint one or one with some decent mods(e.g tuned) 10-12

Some list there's at 12-14k ect but realistically just dreamers. v7 sti can be had for a cheap as 8k and v8 sti are getting cheaper around 16k+ mark

ginganinja said:
keep your price up. they are rare and if it is MINT! it will be worth some good money to the right guy. ask 12k for it. and IMO the type r's and RA's in the GC8 are the only models that have that real harsh, kick in the arse power from factory.

Whats the power difference?

evowrx said:
Whats the power difference?

as far as i know the hp/kw is still the same but with the close ratio box and light weight body, you hit boost faster and the power comes on a lot harsher than the V7 onwards. in the V7 onwards the power is much smoother doesn't chuck you in the seat as much. they probably have more torque but i still believe from factory the V11 sti is no faster than the V6. that's IMO.

ginganinja said:
as far as i know the hp/kw is still the same but with the close ratio box and light weight body, you hit boost faster and the power comes on a lot harsher than the V7 onwards. in the V7 onwards the power is much smoother doesn't chuck you in the seat as much. they probably have more torque but i still believe from factory the V11 sti is no faster than the V6. that's IMO.

have you driven a V11? lolz.

evowrx said:
Gc/gf = none of that tiptronic ****. :P Gf8 v6 sti has the best curves well physically anyway.

haha Tiptronic isn't that bad? yeah its Auto but doesn't bug me. Have left a few Manual Rex's behind on my Hatch with NO problems :P

Modified and all still don't make a difference but oh well people have their say. ;)

Probably just a trick of the light. And your mind with that front bumper. If they are flared guards it is super subtle; from A pillar to mid wheel is usually the pronounced bit.

GC RAs and coupes probably feel faster because they have very short gearing, and are thin bodied compared to modern cars.

Noooooooo, keep it!

If I win lotto tomorrow or Sat its mine!

Seriously this is easily the quickest un modded Subaru I've had the pleasure of driving, it would gobble up my v7 without even raising a sweat. I'm sure the v11's are very nice but this is the tight, raw, light, punchy, beast of a thing all WRX' should be

Lols

Same as how nah early vtec is better it hits way harder

I look at numbers more than the bro-o-meter of "it boosts way harder as"

Less seat throw half the time just means it doesn't try to sit the back bumper on the ground cause the shocks arent shot, the less of a kick coming on boost is cause it doesn't have a massive hole while off boost, and raw experience bollocks is just cause the older car is tinny and you can hear everything more than the new one

You can make a car feel slower just by smoothing the power curve out, putting decent suspension in and making it silent

Give me new tech any day

Edited by Marky

My brothers V6 STI ra was 170.4kw atw stock standard. with close ratio box the power comes on faster and before you know it you are into the next gear hitting that peak power again. therefore feels faster and probably is faster. Also is way lighter so the power to weight ratio is better which helps. thumbs up to those who support GC8's!!! I LUV em.