McDoof

BL BP Exhaust Thread

Hi Guys

Noob question - are the mufflers easy enough to remove at home? I picked up a pair of the Genome mufflers and want to chuck them on my wagon  Has anyone done it themselves?

I had a quick look under the car and saw how they're fitted. Seem's to be a couple of bolts and these rubber fasteners.

I've tried Goggling for a step-by-step set of instructions or a how-to video but haven't had any luck.

Cheers.
Manny.

Yep mate, super easy.

A couple of spanners and/or a socket set is all you need. 14/15mm from memory. A bit of wd40 helps the hangers slide out the rubber.

Just remember if you exhaust has never been altered the factory gaskets are likely toast. It would pay to throw some new ones in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 13/01/2020 at 3:12 PM, cnicolson said:

Yep mate, super easy.

A couple of spanners and/or a socket set is all you need. 14/15mm from memory. A bit of wd40 helps the hangers slide out the rubber.

Just remember if you exhaust has never been altered the factory gaskets are likely toast. It would pay to throw some new ones in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 13/01/2020 at 3:13 PM, SpeedySub said:

Very easy, just use some crc or wd40 on the hangers to help remove and reinstall.

Thanks guys! I wouldn't have thought to replace the gaskets while I'm at it so cheers for this advice. Will let you know how I get on :)

Yeah hella expensive, with that and with the rear X-force cat back and another set of mufflers that I have already brought it would nearly be half of what I paid for it.

Fitment should be no problem, as long as you order the right one for MT or AT.

Would so love these, heart says yes, brain and wallet say hell no.

• Haha 2

Has anyone tried the xforce branded exhaust on their car? 

Experience and thoughts on it ?