ADIKT

Lowered outback thread

JGM said:
Bought the car in Hamilton, drove her back to Auckland and it handled like crap (in my opinion), I had to remedy that asap!

Have you had your D2s certified? If so, how simple was the process? Did they snag you on anything else? Wondering whether I should go down the adjustable route...

Yup - mine felt like a boat!

No cert - I haven't got around to it yet but its next on my list!

I would recommend adjusties - at least then you can match the height better (front vs rear)

Late to the party and didn't read whole thread.. but didn't you just turn the an Outback into a Legacy? geninue curosity here no trolling

killervq30de said:
Late to the party and didn't read whole thread.. but didn't you just turn the an Outback into a Legacy? geninue curosity here no trolling

Sorta - It's on adjustable suspension for a legacy with legacy bumpstops.

This thread here outlines what exactly is different between outbacks and legacys suspension wise (there's a surprising amount of parts which differ!)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/info-ob-gt-suspension-geometry-removing-spacer-180579.html?p=3883358

Had my mate bring round a larger vice grip with sharper teeth, did the trick!

Definitely nice not having the whole rear end sitting on the control arms anymore!

Aah hah cool, ive been following the lowered outback thread on LegacyGT.com Will be good to see whats closer to home!

Anyway heres my Lancaster 6 ;)

20151212_093620_zpsfyov2xpb.jpg

20160123_070027_zpscj4221fo.jpg

whitebait19 said:
Aah hah cool, ive been following the lowered outback thread on LegacyGT.com Will be good to see whats closer to home!

Anyway heres my Lancaster 6 ;)

20151212_093620_zpsfyov2xpb.jpg

20160123_070027_zpscj4221fo.jpg

Very clean!

If you can ever make an Auckland meet I'd be keen to see this in person!

JGM said:
Very clean!

If you can ever make an Auckland meet I'd be keen to see this in person!

Thanks!

I dont come south too often but will try an remember :cool:

Will be doing a manual conversion in the next couple of months, nearly at the end of my parts list! Soo excited!

whitebait19 said:
Thanks!

I dont come south too often but will try an remember :cool:

Will be doing a manual conversion in the next couple of months, nearly at the end of my parts list! Soo excited!

More pics please

Done! ;)

20160123_130340_zps7htm6nln.jpg

20150317_192343_zpstidv6fpq.jpg

20151113_201554_zpsdxl1ualn.jpg

Sitting on BC Golds, Pretty safe 18x8.5 Rota PWR's over 4pot/2pot stoppers and Lgt bumpstops. Nothing excessive, just nice!

Am I the only dude that likes his Outback at the stock ride height lmao? Also Adikt my man, how did you go about blacking dem tail lights?

Apprehension said:
Am I the only dude that likes his Outback at the stock ride height lmao? Also Adikt my man, how did you go about blacking dem tail lights?

Used the vht tint spray. Got a can from repco. Be careful with it though - easy to **** it up. I'd advise taking the tail lights out to complete it also (simple to do)

Apprehension said:
Isn't that illegal man? I actually have aftermarket housings on mine

Most good things are illegal these days. I duno lol. Just thought it was illegal if too dark. I preferred the clean look of the factory lights so took the tint off which is also a pretty easy job.

Apprehension said:
Am I the only dude that likes his Outback at the stock ride height lmao?

Mine is going to get slightly taller because the tyre I want isn't available in 225/60R17... Have to go 225/65 or 235/60. Could also go 235/65R17 but I think that exceeds 5% diameter increase.

I have no idea sorry - you could try upgrading the swaybars to help make it feel less like a boat

Change bushes for something stiffer?

Without lowing the centre of gravity your best bet would be upgrading the sway bars, links and bushings as ADIKT mentioned. Apart from that I'm not too sure how else you would be able improve the handling.

aww2bvpz.ck5.jpg

ps. anyone have some adjustables for sale?

JGM said:
aww2bvpz.ck5.jpg

ps. anyone have some adjustables for sale?

Haha my black CS sticker is on the opposite window to your one!

What offset are those wheels?