Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

DBW CONVERSION

Wanting to know if anyone has gone about doing a DBW conversion.

I currently have a 20h intake manifold that I've made a bp/bl throttle body fit, albeit it ain't pretty..

Have a pedal from the same car and a link dbw module that will talk to my g4+.

If anyone has done it and made the throttle body fit to an older intake, I would love to know how it looks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscribed Member
On 26/02/2021 at 11:17 PM, thirteenbg5 said:

Wanting to know if anyone has gone about doing a DBW conversion.

I currently have a 20h intake manifold that I've made a bp/bl throttle body fit, albeit it ain't pretty..

Have a pedal from the same car and a link dbw module that will talk to my g4+.

If anyone has done it and made the throttle body fit to an older intake, I would love to know how it looks.

Ooh, I've considered doing exactly this, just never took the plunge, as I don't quite have enough I/O left on my G4+ Plugin to do it easily, quite keen to try though. 

What manifold and chassis are you attempting to install it onto?

Is the throttle body pinout bolt pattern different?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/03/2021 at 11:27 AM, Technikhaus said:

Ooh, I've considered doing exactly this, just never took the plunge, as I don't quite have enough I/O left on my G4+ Plugin to do it easily, quite keen to try though. 

What manifold and chassis are you attempting to install it onto?

Is the throttle body pinout bolt pattern different?

Yeah have the same sort of issue with not enough I/o space some trickery by my wizard of a wiring mate will hopefully make it work. Using a ej20g mani and have a adapter plate made up to use a bp/bl throttle body. Pedal also from the same car, which was the easy part. Will be running in my bf leggy

Honda makes a throttle body converter thing, basically connect up your cable throttle to this honda part which is like an isolated box which outputs throttle input to ecu, then the ecu controls the DBW throttle (e.g when putting a ez30 engine into a cable throttle vehicle). It saves you converting the car but does require spare ecu inputs etc . Also seen people weld in the DBW pedal assembly into the car but takes a bit of time getting it setup correctly.