• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stock 97 WRX Turbo?

MercuryFree

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I love the vf22 and vf23, and it sounds like you don’t know what you have or you car (don’t take offence) < I have a sticky key on the keyboard for that as I seem to offend a lot

This turbo (that I’m in love with) is popular with us (I wana die go fast ppl) direct bolt-on on a 97+ WRX and STi

To answer you Q FORGET that site! You in the best site for Subaru nz drivers (how many brownie points do I get for that?) Anyway pre 97 UK wrx’s and JDM are TD05 but UK ozzy and jdm 1997 wrx STD is TD04

To answer you Q FORGET that site! You in the best site for Subaru nz drivers (how many brownie points do I get for that?) Anyway pre 97 UK wrx’s and JDM are TD05 but UK ozzy and jdm 1997 wrx STD is TD04

so your saying his car should have tdo4?

Someone has placed the 22 on it as a mod, easy mod and popular mod,

the vf22 (awesome) have I said that already is the standard turbo on STi Version 2 and some of the 98 22b’s have them as well, jdm.uk.us blab bla bla, all though an ozzy guy said he got the 22 std on his std 97 wrx but he an ozzy and can’t be trusted at all

EGOREX said:

the vf22 (awesome) have I said that already is the standard turbo on STi Version 2 and some of the 98 22b’s have them as well, jdm.uk.us blab bla bla, all though an ozzy guy said he got the 22 std on his std 97 wrx but he an ozzy and can’t be trusted at all

Standard V2 STI Turbocharger is an MHI TD05H.

BC5RA']

[quote name='EGOREX said:

/quote]

Standard V2 STI Turbocharger is an MHI TD05H.

was thinking the same thing v2's never had vf22 standard.

You wanting to test my ego guys ? I have to go buy a prezzy for a birthday party I’m going to a 6 tonight, but I’m so want to retort to this so I will be back, this is going to be fun. its a std 1997 wrx BC5RA

BC5RA']

[quote name='EGOREX said:

You wanting to test my ego guys ? I have to go buy a prezzy for a birthday party I’m going to a 6 tonight, but I’m so want to retort to this so I will be back, this is going to be fun. its a std 1997 wrx BC5RA

/quote]

This should be good ::)

i know of 2 mates that have had non stis both stock as a rock wrxs, 1 had white and black seats which is ment 2 be my97 jdm wrx that had a vf22 and the other was a 99 model which had vf28 and yellow injectors, both were 280hp as they went alot better then a normal wrx with tdo4

EGOREX']

and it sounds like you don’t know what you have or you car (don’t take offence) < I have a sticky key on the keyboard for that as I seem to offend a lot

Fair assessment seeing as I've never owned a subaru before and I've only had this one for less than 48 hours ;). Although I do know that it has a vf22 because it's stamped onto the thing.

[quote name='BC5RA said:

Also there was a JDM only V3 WRX that had yellow top injectors/VF22 and STI gearbox added from factory - 280bhp.

MercuryFree; what are the details of your Impreza?

It's a 1997 jdm wrx wagon, definately has a vf22 because that's what's stamped onto the turbo serial plate thing

# Engine no: EJ20-805235

# Chassis: GF8-032141

If those help (from running the plate) ^^^^

Put a boost gauge in today to get a better idea of things, most I've had it boosting is 9psi, not sure if that's normal or if I'm not trying hard enough, only really took it for a drive down the road and back to make sure the gauge was functional.

EGOREX said:

SO much disinformation in one thread. gah. please check what you are posting! if your not sure then its not helping anyone reading this thread is it?

V2 wrx = TD04 90 degree inlet EJ20G [debated]

V2 sti = TD05 90 degree inlet EJ20G

JDM V3 wrx sedan manual =VF22 (EJ20K block) this is the badboy wrx with yellow injectors /large afm

JDM V3 wrx sedan auto =TD04 straight inlet (EJ20G block)

JDM V3 wrx wagons =TD04 straight inlet (EJ20G block)

JDM V3 sti's =VF23 (EJ20K block)

if you've a wagon, your engine is likely EJ20Gxxxxxx then the VF22 has been swapped in.

mods feel free to pick over this as well..

Wikipedia is nothing to go by.

Quite possible that a VF22 has been swapped in; just pointing out that there was a factory WRX with this Turbocharger (and other mods) designated from factory, although this was a sedan only.

And as already stated, 22B came with a VF23 not a VF22.

OMG iv just got back from the party I was at from 6 2nite, and I’m way too drunk to do this butn I’m going to bust some myths and ego’s (mine is bigger) than all of yours

... I’m 30, and have had 4 199 7 wrx std and 2 wrx sti 97 models, shez iv got the one that I wrapped around a tree in my garage, 4 years ago , this is what I don’t want to here, PPL thta have gone online and searched for the info, piss off because I don’t like you, even if your rite!!!

2nd piss off if you have never owned a 97 sti/wrx also I don’t give a f8ck if you own the site kamineko your wrong str8up, everyone thinks they know... but I ME I know, 12.5 years of Subaru’s boy’s so bring it, to many of you know what you have been told,

I know because I’ve had them ok, also I know ppl that have been in the game before you were a star in daddy eye’s, I am Subaru, I’ve worked with ppl that dream up what you think is cool, wow look at the drunkenness come out of me,

I’m going to stop because I will purely be kicked off the site if I was to go on, let me cool down and come back to you all ok .... Xoxo F8ck did I just xoxo to men I don’t even know, scrap that did I xoxo men sheez I’m out there