Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Post Your Impreza/WRX/STI Photos Here!

BlkPnthr

nt_a_foz']

[quote name='stira said:

I cant beleive how long it took to sell your v9, some one got a real bargain. Had it done high kays or something?

/quote]

i think he traded it in in the end i was in hamilton on the weekend and its on a yard on t straight

Nope, not really...only done 78000km's, ended up selling it to a car dealer in Hamilton.

Clarence']

[quote name='stira said:

I cant beleive how long it took to sell your v9, some one got a real bargain. Had it done high kays or something?

/quote]

i think he traded it in in the end i was in hamilton on the weekend and its on a yard on t straight

Nope, not really...only done 78000km's, ended up selling it to a car dealer in Hamilton.

That shows how cheap it was.

I still cant believe it didnt sell sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, it's a pressure switch that open circuits at 7psi

It runs the intercooler sprayers :)

Intercooler spray tank is the window washer bottle (I/C spray pump is the rear screen washer pump :) )

Guest loren

Interesting use of header caskets... can you explain the theory behind their function? Real world results?

Guest loren
 Ichi Ban said:

Yip headers are off, and i put them there so i didnt loose them :)

seriously though, why go to the trouble of fitting a pressure switch on the IC,

when you could have taken a pressure reading from the manifold? Or was just

because of the type of switch you had to work with?

Link has no drive for I/C spray on MY98 P/Link units :(

So instead of putting a fitting in the manifold it put it there as the BOV wouldnt fit in OE location

Intake temp is relative to boost while driving so ran pressure sensor

I/C runs at less tha 50deg outlet temp at 1.9bar

Yes as with all top mounts heatsoak can be an issue but have found that the use of the car (track work) this is not an issue

Any residual temp from heatsoak is gone in less than 5sec above 50km/h

and spool time is quick for such a large turbo with 1.0bar avaiable at 3700rpm and full boost avaiable at 4050rpm

It cracked the headers at the 4 into 1 juction

Have had them repaired, bout to go put them back on now

Wont be fitting any others anyway as these ones are Zero Sports branded

Ichi Ban said:

It cracked the headers at the 4 into 1 juction

Have had them repaired, bout to go put them back on now

Wont be fitting any others anyway as these ones are Zero Sports branded

ouch!! got to hot eh? poor weld or just given a hammering?

Yeah hammering..... 7k in top gear + at 2/3 distance of Puke back straight backing off due to rain !!

Out of hairpin in 4th !! and fishtailing :)

Remembering that Link ecu's are sh-t, I dont know how to build engines, and top mounts are full of heat ..... Yeah right !! :)

cornf3, what IC did you get...? ???

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Subaru/Engines/auction-222109552.htm

I got a set of OZ's this wkend so thought I'd share a couple of pics. I'm not too sure about the gold... so may paint them white or anthracite in a couple of weeks... By the way, my car is looking rather high (for now) because my Tein coilovers are getting re-built so I have a set of WRX shocks and springs in (I hate it...!) :D

dsc09995369800.jpg

dsc09995386800.jpg

dsc09995320800.jpg

Photoshopped to the right height and changed the colour of the rims. I quite like the anthracite (light black).

dsc09995300800.jpg

whiteozs.jpg

anthraciteozs.jpg

• Joker unpinned this topic