Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Braces

RAYDEO

Rear strut brace isnt D, but from the couple that have had it on here (DPI for one) said it makes lots of difference.

Rear strut brace is good - but is best on the wagon (due to lack of anything between the rear strut towers in wagon configuration.

Like smurff said - it will help

Looks more like "D" is one that goes across the rear panel at the back of the spare wheel well. Haven't seen one on a Subaru before but have seen Ralliart ones on EVO's and Integra Type R's had them there as standard I think.

Koom said:

Looks more like "D" is one that goes across the rear panel at the back of the spare wheel well. Haven't seen one on a Subaru before but have seen Ralliart ones on EVO's and Integra Type R's had them there as standard I think.

search DPI's posts - his had one.. or scooby to confirm. or was it simons... one of the v7 spec Cs did anyway.

D goes across the back of the boot well as Koom suggests

Is D referring to the rear undercar brace that another poster is also advertising is selling as Im after one also.

Is it a high priority tho then thats a No, however if ur after a rear one then yeah I'd definitely get one. You can get them pretty cheap these days $80-100 bux new. I could not personally say what difference it has caused as everytime I've had braces mounted I've also tweaked other things at the same time ie wheel alignment.

• Admin

sure im not an expert on these things and its entirely possible that what i think is totally wrong. but i can imaging using a strutbrace to tie the strut tops together would be an advantage, but i dont quite understand why you'd need a brace where miller has one in the boot ???

assuming "D" is one of them.

"D" isint high priority but will help in combination with the others.

D will do a bit in combination with a rear strut brace but not too much if the chassis is still sloppy between the front and rear axels. it will reduce the "squash" effect as the weight of the car tries to squash the chassis rails towards eachother in the rear

"d" just helps to keep the chassis as square as possible and the body in the right place to keep the geometry between all four wheels as correct as it can be.

a "must do" if your constantly hammering the track but not so much for a daily/weekend cruiser as metal does weaken over time.

the pics look like a chassis "refresher" to me. all work togeather as a kit type of thing

bragging rights in some peoples minds

he mustnt have driven a gc8 very hard through many corners!! every gc8 ive driven has chassis flex ::)

depends on the ks and how hard the chassis has been driven over time

S15 specRs (hair dressers car) have "D" factory in the boot

jacsmiley said:

he mustnt have driven a gc8 very hard through many corners!! every gc8 ive driven has chassis flex ::)

I can assure you he has.

Thank you fan club !

;D

Yes, all cars flex to some degree (a bit of compliance is actually a good thing, especially on a road car).

Yes, depends on the particular car and how hard it has been used/abused.

Yes, I drive like nana.

Maybe that's why my car has broken yet.

:P

But I stand by my initial statement that most of the time braces are a big wank, especially in a road car.

So Ray, no, these add-ons are not a high priority unless your car is seriously rogered or you are contemplating some real motor racing.

;)

Strut braces for example; Most of us here, know that the Carbon strut brace found in the V3-6 STI are weak and more of a dress up than an actual rigidity adder.

I'll go on record and say that any brace with a bend in it will flex under cornering. I will also say that steel braces would be the better choice over alloy; with the weight saving of alloy being negated by the strength of steel.

Strut braces or any bolt on braces are part of a street level modification, and are a poor mans roll cage.

Have no idea what those middle braces are, the front one looks odd as well

Braces im not sure they make the car any faster but i have felt a difference for every one i have fitted on my gc8 - seems to improve the feel of the car ymmv

Rear bracing certainly makes the rear anti roll bar work harder rather than twisting the rear chassis...

jacsmiley said:

Isn't the specR the sr20det one? With the spec s being the non turbo 'hair dresser' variant?