Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

how much power max can a GDB sti motor handle

JoKer']

damn al my calculator was broke - I have nearly 95hp/ton too! (I can officially register it as an ATV according to LTNZ)

and heres a vid you guys loved from last time : http://tinyurl.com/282an4n (let me know if link dont work)

oringi = slipway but wider

[quote name='" url said:

http://www.allpar.com/model/sunbeam.html[/url] "]The next stage in the Sunbeam's career was the release of a pair of sporty models. The first, the Ti, was nothing more than a stripped-out base model with alloy wheels, big spoilers and a 1600c version of the Avenger Tiger engine (with twin 2bbl Weber carbs) giving 100hp, 0-60 in 9 seconds and 106mph for those who could stand the noise

Link worked. That autocross would be good for 250wkw :) Um now thinking about bringing the STI and my son - can I allow him to drive the STI unleashed. Tough question.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fastfour said:

Kevin wont go out on the track as all he wants to do is make his car faster and not actually use it. He just wants bragging rights!

soo that about sums up this thread?

Kevin if you notice some silly posts here, its because we don't care about bragging rights!

Bragging rights is most people here can drive a toyota corolla around a track faster than you can drive your spec c...

You don't need sweet fuck all, you need time on a track.

kamineko']

[quote name='Fastfour said:

size=5]Kevin wont go out on the track as all he wants to do is make his car faster and not actually use it. He just wants bragging rights![/size]

soo that about sums up this thread?

This and every other thread hes started. I've resisted the urge to post in this one for nearly 7 pages but I cant hold back anymore

THIS THREAD IS BULLSH!T

WRXER said:

**** it lol just give the damn keys to Tony/Fastfour/BT so they can show u what it can do..... Or even better grow some nuts and just do it mate. You can afford far far more then avg joe on here and they have been racing on a very tight budget. If you can't afford the petrol then WTF have you got that car for.

All you need to do with ur car, is cage it and bam TRACK WEAPON!! It's already ready to go for the track straight from factory, what do you think a Spec c is... Oh thats right, so it sounds cool to pickup hoes.... Pity you can't show them how to drive it mate.

give it to fastfour and see how deep in the tyres it can go! :D

I thought you had nuts son and you gained kudos by heading out there with the boys last time. Dont ruin it by making excuses now. You dont need to go out first time and dominate all. And noone expects you to be a legend first time out.

The best thing to do would be get out there and give it a go. Test the limits of your car now so when you put those mods you spent $500 bucks on youll notice the gains made.

Guest Fastfour
 nztintin said:

give it to fastfour and see how deep in the tyres it can go! :D

I'll need GPS to find my way back out. haha

Nah will back it in this time haha

The first track day I went on I was driving one of these;

100_0460.jpg

DONT LAUGH!! It cost me 6k NZD to insure that back in the UK! (you can however laugh at the numberplate)!

Anyway, with only a helmet I had from my old moped, 2 tanks of fuel and my little 55bhp lawnmower I vertured out and ended up learning a LOT more then I ever learnt on the road.

With a bit of teaching from people I ended up actually lapping people!

I hardly know you, but as far as I can tell its appears you don't really have a clue. Your car (heck, even a standard WRX) will handle fine and be prefectly competant around the track. Its got more then enough power, and has been designed to handle from factory.

The speed limit on the road is 100KM/h, and tracks have corners. How fast do you really need to be?

All you need is to take it there, and drive it., and if you can afford 500 dollars on shit you don't need, instead of actually driving the car the way it was designed, then you really shouldn't have bothered buying your car.

If you're flat broke after spending $500 on your car, then I argue that you can't afford your Spec C, let alone mod it properly. Good luck finding a twin scroll aftermarket turbocharger on a budget, let alone the supporting airflow + fuel mods and tune.

It seems that not only do you have a warped sense of what makes a car lap a track faster, you also seem to have no concept of money. Like when you tried to get someone with CE28N Volks to swap + GIVE YOU cash for your OZ rims. Seriously, stop dreaming or smoking whatever it is you're on.

this thread and all others this kid creates are funny, they all end the same way. how many other people on this site and on the planet as a whole are modifying their cars way beyond the means of which they ever really are going to need to use them? the majority that's for sure. and i don't see people throwing their toys around the sandpit at them. i think most of you are just jealous that a kid has a nice car. and you don't.

what's that phrase being thrown around at the moment? tall poppy syndrome?

"sultan" said:
this thread and all others this kid creates are funny, they all end the same way. how many other people on this site and on the planet as a whole are modifying their cars way beyond the means of which they ever really are going to need to use them? the majority that's for sure. and i don't see people throwing their toys around the sandpit at them. i think most of you are just jealous that a kid has a nice car. and you don't.

what's that phrase being thrown around at the moment? tall poppy syndrome?

Can't speak for anyone else, but everything you've just said is completely wrong when applied to me. Except that yes, my modified Spec C is capable of far more than my driving skills can deliver. That's now why I modified it, I did it because I want a car that drives exactly how I want it to drive. You don't have to be chasing lap times, power or bragging rights to want to modify a car, there are many other perfectly legit reasons.

• Admin

HAs anyone actually seen this car? I'd like to know if it actually exists, Kids these days have very good imaginations, and given hes so young, and aparenlty owns a resonably expencive car and is spending so much money on it, if this car infact does exist, my next question is where the hell does all the money come from?

If it dosent exist that would be a good reason he isnt showing up to any trackdays.

someone go to his house and see the car in person, if its really there then check for a P lab.