Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

how much power max can a GDB sti motor handle

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aim.. i know what all the spellings etc need to be but sometimes its easier to do few shortcuts in the middle..nothing too major to pick on dude.. some people do it bit more than others pretty much..

anyway, if ur eyes hurt then dont look at the thread..simple i think..

my point was trying to tell why power seems to be big in schools and its not like he is alone in the entire country to be wanting it..and if u read properly, i did mention to him a few constructive things like taking it to a workshop and also track time..

im done with this thread .. no point having ppl hate on u for answering to questions in the original post

pappu']

anyway, if ur eyes hurt then dont look at the thread..simple i think..

I do my best to educate... *sigh*

[quote name='pappu said:

my point was trying to tell why power seems to be big in schools and its not like he is alone in the entire country to be wanting it..and if u read properly, i did mention to him a few constructive things like taking it to a workshop and also track time..

im done with this thread .. no point having ppl hate on u for answering to questions in the original post

Alone or not is irrelevant. He honestly doesn't need a workshop, he doesn't need parts, or even labour. He needs petrol, brake pads and other consumables. The bottom paragraph where I addressed both of you was really more aimed at Kevin... Even though it's worded like I was addressing the wider community.

It's 'people' not 'ppl'.

;)

there is a rule in the rules about text speak,

Furthermore, within reason we require that you post in a literate manner using correct and understandable grammar. Drunken ramblings will be deleted as will posts written using excessive "text speak"

but maybe more of us should follow the "post in a literate manner using correct and understandable grammar" part more.

im not picking on anyone in-particular though, but it is written in the rules lol.

-smurff

sultan said:

i love how you started the final line with a grammar error and ended with a "txt spk" haha :P

??? im lost lol

-smurff

Spec C - The latest Fast Fours magazine has a decent-ish guide to WRX modification in it. Because it's Fast Fours and australian it's not THAT good and there are a few errors and omissions but hey, it's a few pages of HOWTOWRX and that's sort of what you're after amirite?

I admit $9.95 isn't very ballin' but better to do cheap research than expensive mistakes

• General Member

this sunday...

Gary Stirling said:

playdayontrack_header.jpg

SOME NEW EVENTS FOR 2010

ALL OPEN FOR ENTRY NOW

DATES :

MONDAY 1 Feb HAMPTON DOWNS $157 AK ANNIVESARY

DAY

MONDAY 29 MARCH HAMPTON DOWNS $145

SUNDAY 23 MAY MANFEILD $106

SUNDAY 21 FEB TAUPO TRACK 2 $130

FRIDAY 14 MAY TAUPO T 3 DRIVER TRAINING $125

Numbers are limited at each event and the lately they have all been fully booked so get your payment in early to confirm your entry.

3 BMW RACE CARS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR HIRE AT HAMPTON DOWNS $50 PER SET OF 5 LAPS FOR THOSE ENTERED AT HAMPTON DOWNS EVENTS OR $80 IF NOT ENTERED

RULES FOR OPEN CARS

All open cars (I.E. soft top convertibles) must have roll protection, either factory, eg Boxter, S2000 & Elise or aftermarket.

As this predominately affects MX5’s we contacted Don at Autoway Services who has had a roll bar he considers suitable made up & fitted to his car. MX5 Style bars are not acceptable unless braced appropriately.

Please deal with Don direct & if you have another type of open car he will be happy to look at what can be done for it. Ph 07 8475484 ( Hamilton ).

PAYMENT :

Pay by direct credit to PLAYDAY, 03 0698 0485598-00 giving your name as the reference or if you don’t have internet banking deposit the money at any Westpac and use your cell ph number as the reference. Please drop us a quick email once you have made the payment just to ensure we have matched the payment correctly. [email protected]

We will e mail you as soon as your payment appears in our account, to confirms your place at the event.

Please DO NOT phone or text the confirmation of your payment.

About 1 week before the event we will send an email to everybody who has paid, with further details of the day.

WEBSITE : More information about our trackdays including how they run, what to wear, rules for passengers, etc is to be found on our website www.playdayontrack.co.nz

Looking forward to seeing you all at one of the above events for another great day.

Gary Stirling

www.playdayontrack.co.nz

• General Member
 Spec C said:

cant do it this sunday :( , unsure when the next one will be

but i need a few things done to my car before i go on track

need new tyres ive got less than 3mm all round , and these tyres are **** , PERFECT! no-one wants to waste new tires on learning!

need overalls and helmet

need fire extingusher nope

need petrol

need money for entry fee

short on cash at the moment , got cusco lower arm brace , apexi boost gauge , and motul 5w-40 , spent $500 this week would have been better spent on track time...

to broke :-[

/]

[][/]

Kevin.

I went out on Manfeild with the same amount of tread on the rear as you - crappy tyres, with new ones (mismatched) on the front. I was by far the slowest car out there with a non-turbo Impreza. I'd never been on a track before. I've got alloy arms and a rear swaybar...other than that and STi struts, I'm a stock non-turbo with a fart cannon and ricer POD.

I went out there, took lessons from the experts and thrashed the sh!t out of the car. I didn't spin out once, and I held my ground on the corners with the rest of the n00bs.

Your car is twice as well-equipped as my car. You will do fantastically out there. Your car is prepped from stock!

You don't need fancy tyres, you don't need an extinguisher. IIRC ClubSUB will be able to help you out with safety gear. If not, members will probably lend you gear just to get you the f**k out there!!

Seriously, don't modify the car any more. Get out there and drive it. It's better than mine is! And others can tell you how that POS HX of mine did at MM2010 as well :)

• Admin

need new tyres ive got less than 3mm all round , and these tyres are **** , bull! crap tyres are no excuse!

need overalls and helmet - borrow the helmet and get some overalls $50 from a paint shop

need fire extingusher - as said above, no you dont.

need petrol - weak excuse

need money for entry fee - again, weak excuse

short on cash at the moment , got cusco lower arm brace , apexi boost gauge , and motul 5w-40 , spent $500 this week - waste of money at this stage

stop puting up blocks, get out there and do it!

Guest Fastfour

Kevin wont go out on the track as all he wants to do is make his car faster and not actually use it. He just wants bragging rights!

• General Member

well then I hope he doesn't show then cos I will have chance to do more skids in the ReVenger! (yes its alive now!)

I'm a mean drifter now, all 1600 cc's Twin 40mm Solex's, locked diff, must be at least 85 HP now! into 900kg just under 1hp/ton!

JoKer said:

well then I hope he doesn't show then cos I will have chance to do more skids in the ReVenger! (yes its alive now!)

I'm a mean drifter now, all 1600 cc's Twin 40mm Solex's, locked diff, must be at least 85 HP now! into 900kg just under 1hp/ton!

Maybe I'll bring my 13yo son and the mighty Tomato with 58wkw into 835kg. That's 95whp/ton. Will give the Revenger a run for the money. Locked diff vs no-diff. Battle Time!

**** it lol just give the damn keys to Tony/Fastfour/BT so they can show u what it can do..... Or even better grow some nuts and just do it mate. You can afford far far more then avg joe on here and they have been racing on a very tight budget. If you can't afford the petrol then WTF have you got that car for.

All you need to do with ur car, is cage it and bam TRACK WEAPON!! It's already ready to go for the track straight from factory, what do you think a Spec c is... Oh thats right, so it sounds cool to pickup hoes.... Pity you can't show them how to drive it mate.

• General Member

damn al my calculator was broke - I have nearly 95hp/ton too! (I can officially register it as an ATV according to LTNZ)

and heres a vid you guys loved from last time : http://tinyurl.com/282an4n (let me know if link dont work)

oringi = slipway but wider

" [url said:
http://www.allpar.com/model/sunbeam.html/url] "]The next stage in the Sunbeam's career was the release of a pair of sporty models. The first, the Ti, was nothing more than a stripped-out base model with alloy wheels, big spoilers and a 1600c version of the Avenger Tiger engine (with twin 2bbl Weber carbs) giving 100hp, 0-60 in 9 seconds and 106mph for those who could stand the noise