Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BEB Club Whose a member??

Guest DVNT

Just for general purposes as i havent joined this club yet but would like to see it coming if ya know what i mean.

If you could list:

Car:

Kms when happened:

Cause: ie lack of oil, givin car poos etc

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest keltik

1989 Legacy EJ18 SPFI FWD

175,000kms

Caused by utter thrashing and oil pump failure and more thrashing with failed oil pump

Threw rod through block, caught fire at the fush n chup shop and completely ruined my day

1999 Impreza STI Version something

110,000kms

Caused by previous owner not changing the oil ever.

No serious damage - still raped the wallet

keltik said:

1989 Legacy EJ18 SPFI FWD

175,000kms

Caused by utter thrashing and oil pump failure and more thrashing with failed oil pump

Threw rod through block, caught fire at the fush n chup shop and completely ruined my day

1999 Impreza STI Version something

110,000kms

Caused by previous owner not changing the oil ever.

No serious damage - still raped the wallet

ouch twice is there anything left of ya wallet??

1993 BF5 Legacy GT

140,000kms

Probly from giving the car way to much of a thrashing, that and i suspect the previous owner used shitty oil judging by the empty warehouse brand oil container in the boot.........

New Engine now-all good ;D

Guest keltik
 DVNT said:

ouch twice is there anything left of ya wallet??

The STI wasnt mine but a good friends who got totally shafted by fast4's n turbos

1999 Ver5 STi RA

101,000kms

Caused by previous owner thrashing the crap out of it on dodgy AFM (which never threw a code), bought car and drove home fine, only to start it up 3days later and get 5 kms down road before knocka knocka knocka

That engine had only done 9000kms when that happened

2nd time, same car

102,500kms

1 Bore was never honed, 1st time I opened it up in 2-3rd after being run in...

Luckily it was a warrenty job that time ;D

Interesting results so far thanks people, one thing showing tho is if you dont regulary service you car and give it the poo its gonna die.

Especially surprising the low kms as well.

Keep them coming dont be shy ;D

• General Member

Car: 1998 WRX

Kms when happened: 110 thou on the clock, engine claimed to be only 5thou old (home job rebuild when I brought it.)

Cause: Shitty rebuild and fucked AFM. Never threw a code for me but when fault codes were checked afterwards it had thrown a code at some point. ALso I was told the build was absolute shit. But that was the risk I took as I got the car cheap.

1994 TT legacy - 280k km on body, unknown motor

Died while nana'ing it as mate was putting contacts in - motor well maintained for the 12-18months that i had it

98 v5 sti r @130k km

Dont know - and again, treated well, driving lightly at time. Afm died completely after rebuild - maybe cause?

Car 99 RSKB4

KM"S 60,000

Bought car from dealer 200kms later knock knock......

Rebuild then 10months later same deal!!!!!!!!!

Both claimed under car warranty but HELL!!!!

Found out later it was the x demo car from Wingers....

That explains it. Thrashed from day one i bet.

Traded it and bought 98 sti 150,000 kms and still going strong!!!

Guest loren

This thread reminds me of a subculture where everyone wants to be a drug addict,

and all the girls want to be prostitutes... for street cred.

loren said:

This thread reminds me of a subculture where everyone wants to be a drug addict,

sorry but just for my own statistical purposes thats all also my give an insight on when and how mine may go.

Guest loren
 DVNT']

[quote name='loren said:

/quote]

sorry but just for my own statistical purposes thats all also my give an insight on when and how mine may go.

in english please.

Guest loren
 BC5RA said:

Made sense to me.

ok got it now. sorry DVNT... also not really a comment on the thread, but there is a definite culture

on this forum that says running a BEB is somehow cool.

I ran one at 170ks after doing an oil change and changing turbos, I thrashed it when I thought it was warm enough to test out the turbos to see if the problem I had was fixed.

Next engine wasn't beb but now have a piston with a crack and another in two pieces.

Now decided to do it right and have a brand new 2006 ej257 in there. ;D