Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

So I nearly got killed today...

Well not really but still. I was on a 100km/h road, stuck behind some tosser in a Porsche 911, who was going like 60km/h. I though F this so started to pass. I saw there was a oncoming car ~300meters up tho road, so a pretty big gap. I pulled out to pass. Just cruised pass at 100km/h, the whole time the guy in the 911 was giving me some SH!T eating grin. I got twenty meters ahead of him, checked my mirrors started to indicate, check again and realized he was gunning it and maybe 7 meters behind me. Being the stubborn kid I am I went for it to trying to buy enough time to cut in (slightly wishful thinking on hindsight), completely ignoring the car ahead of me. The clock shot up to 120 then pretty much stalled then started moving like two turtles going at it. The oncoming car was getting to close and I didn't feel like wrecking a car worth as much as my house so I dropped back. This was the first time I have gone this fast in my car (I'm a nanny deal with it haha), and I was just wondering if you guys could shine some light onto what happened? I had a look at speed cut but most of them are way way higher than 120km/h.

Edit:

2001 Subaru Impreza

IS Sport 1.5l FWD AT

should have *555'd him. 60 kmh in a 100 is dangerous in itself and worthy of a ticket. Your within your right to pass him and if he sped up to match pace with you hes on the relm on dangerous driving. Especially if he wouldnt let yourenter your side of the road.

Swindog said:

should have *555'd him. 60 kmh in a 100 is dangerous in itself and worthy of a ticket. Your within your right to pass him and if he sped up to match pace with you hes on the relm on dangerous driving. Especially if he wouldnt let yourenter your side of the road.

Fuck yeah I would've got very dirty if someone did this to me

My mates version of 555 is - pull back in behind him wait patiently untill the next intersection or similar then approach the drivers window ask him to wind down window, if he does not - punch the window to gain access to the head then punch it as many times as you can!

A mate did this to a group of young fella's that were driving dangerous when he had his 2 "snot gobblers" in the back! l0l I can assure you that was the last thing they expected ;D

pl0x']

What revs was the engine at?

4.5k-5k

[quote name='Swindog said:

Will remember this for next time! Thanks :)

So you lot are thinking thats just the guts of the car?

Forgot to add the worst part, after I dropped back he went back to 60km/h

Shoulda rammed him square up the arse of his precious Porsche!!

Fully wouldve been worth the excess on your insurance. Just say he was only doing 60km and his brake lights weren't working. If you nail him hard enough, the bulbs will break destroying a chance to prove you wrong.

familyman said:

Shoulda rammed him square up the arse of his precious Porsche!!

Fully wouldve been worth the excess on your insurance. Just say he was only doing 60km and his brake lights weren't working. If you nail him hard enough, the bulbs will break destroying a chance to prove you wrong.

Me likes this style of redemtion too

should be able to go faster than 120 tho.

I would of been flashing my lights and sitting on my horn if he was only doing 60 again for me.

also you can talk to *555 on your mobile while driving there one of the only few people you are allowed to talk to while driving.

Eion']

What revs was the engine at?

4.5k-5k

[quote name='Swindog said:

/quote] Will remember this for next time! Thanks :)

So you lot are thinking thats just the guts of the car?

Forgot to add the worst part, after I dropped back he went back to 60km/h

*555 Traffic report line...

Get his plate make the call....

If you have his numberplate go into the local station and make a formal complaint.

He will get a "you have been a naughty boy" letter

Or just find out where he lives smash the windscreen and take a dump on his dash....

• General Member
 familyman said:
his brake lights weren't working. If you nail him hard enough, the bulbs will break destroying a chance to prove you wrong.

not entirely true - Crash scene investigators are able to identify if a bulb was illuminated at time of impact

pretty simple really, the wire will burn out once exposed to air when hot.....

too high revs/load to change gears?

QRAF said:

should be able to go faster than 120 tho.

Yeah I know, Mum's Corolla Wagon 1.5l has absoutly no problems with it. haha.

I'll go out and actually test it see what happens